Our competition has DRASTICALLY fallen. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our competition has DRASTICALLY fallen.

Proclaiming a QB with zero experience as any kind of "upgrade" is homerism.

BillFan around here is so quick to throw out the homer tag. He probably needs to direct the homer police closer to home.

KGUNBILLS said:
JP Losman is an UPGRADE over Bledsoe.

Ron Edwards, if anything, is an UPGRADE over PW- Williams is getting old and will start to slow down. Edwards has the same size but is very quick and a good pass rusher.

We did lose overrated Jennings, but overall both our offense and defense will be better this year.

Ron Edwards is good, but he's not an upgrade over Pat Williams. Jennings was good when he was healthy, which was rare, but he's still an upgrade over the Bills current LT who I think right now is Mike Gandy. Losman is an upgrade over the Bledsoe, the offense will be able to open up, and Mularkey actually had to scale back what he wanted to do last year because of Bledsoe's lack of mobility. The biggest lose for the Patriots was Weis and Crennel, but that team is still the best team in football till proven otherwise. I think from a player standpoint they're a better team than they were last year. The Jets are worse because Chad Pennington MIGHT not be available for the start of the regular season, but if he is, they're still a team that if they had a kicker would've been in the Afc championship. Everyteam has a chance in July/August, and I actually heard someone on Espn predict the 9ers will win there division, which is laughable to me, but than someone predicting the Phins to win the East is probably laughable to others.

You might be able to argue the Pats are worst off. Losing Bruschi, Law, Weiss, and Crennel hurts. That being said we’re talking about the World Champs. With Harrison,Wilson, Seymour, Mcginest, Wilfork, Dillon, Branch and Brady they still are the most talented team in the division at the key positions.

The Bills are not worse off than a year ago. Henry will not be missed unless injuries derail the Willis train.
Pat Williams and Jonas Jennings are inevitable losses i.e players with coming off 2 good years and ready for a big paycheck. Williams will be replaced. Jennings will be harder. Right there it looks like the Bills might have gotten worse with those losses. But you’ve got to factor in T.Mcgee’s brilliant second half, Clement playing for a big paycheck, Willis getting better after a season under his belt and Evans becoming the number 2 receiver Donahue envisioned when he chose him.

Sure they spent a 2nd rounder but the Jets have fixed their biggest problem : Doug Brien. Nugent showed he can be a good one at OS and should be a very good replacement.
Ferguson, much like, Pat Williams, was anxious to get paid dollars he might not have deserved.
Hope he sent a present to Ellis and Abraham. Becht was replaced with Jolley. Mckenzie will be missed but the jets seem to find ways to patch things up on the line. Largely because of their anchor Mawae. Makes you think where we would be at if we had signed O.Kreutz 2 years ago. L.Coles could be lethal if he rekindles the chemistry with Pennington. Some questions marks concerning Chad but IMO they are not worse off than a year ago.

None of them have drastically improved but none of them have taken a huge step down as you seem to have suggested.

Smithboy said:
Proclaiming a QB with zero experience as any kind of "upgrade" is homerism.

BillFan around here is so quick to throw out the homer tag. He probably needs to direct the homer police closer to home.

So finfans are all homers for thinking a rookie Headcoach is better than Wanny? :shakeno:

Proclaiming Ty Law a loss for the Patriots is puzzeling to me, he did not contribute in the playoffs and missed a good portion of the season, and the team still won the SB. They won the SB without him, so losing a player who did not contribute much is a big loss?

Justasportsfan said:
Great we're worse because we have Losman instead of Drew without an explanation.

Hence, :crazy: and one liners. At least have some substance when you try to attempt to put in your 2 cents that implies finality.

I don't know how you ever made it to 12000 posts on this board. You never post anything of "substance". All one liner smart *** remarks. If you want to have a debate and get crushed use your brain to post something worthy of replying to. Otherwise STFU.:0wned::lol:

I think it the pats will still be the team to beat in the afc east, everybody is saying bc they lost a couple of players and coaches they wont be dominant, thats wrong.
I see it like this Pats 11-5
Jets 9-7 or 10-6
Fins 8-8 or 9-7
Bills 7-9 or 8-8

Justasportsfan said:
You don't even know Pat's replacement which mean you know nothing about him and yet you call him a homer? :rolleyes:

Jennings was good when he was healthy which was half of the time. Overrated based on the salary they paid him. :shakeno:

What do you know about Gandy? Tell us.

I knew Pat's replacement, I just emphesized that he's a no name.

And I'll tell you about Mike Gandy. He's a career center. And now, he's responsible for protecting a rookie QB's blindside.

He isn't the most athletic guy in the world, and that will cost him at LT.

You guys better hope you get Ross Verba, or JP's gonna be on the ground a lot.

Travis Daniels is having a GREAT camp, but you don't see us proclaiming he's an upgrade over Pat Surtain. :shakeno:

PhinsOwnU said:
I don't know how you ever made it to 12000 posts on this board. You never post anything of "substance". All one liner smart *** remarks. If you want to have a debate and get crushed use your brain to post something worthy of replying to. Otherwise STFU.:0wned::lol:
Stop trying to avoid my questions by trying to bring the no. of my posts. I don't blame you, I just expossed how you know nothing about the bills that obviously makes your original post look :crazy:

DolphinDevil28 said:

And I'll tell you about Mike Gandy. He's a career center. And now, he's responsible for protecting a rookie QB's blindside.

Travis Daniels is having a GREAT camp, but you don't see us proclaiming he's an upgrade over Pat Surtain. :shakeno:
For discussion sake, What do you know about Gandy that McNally doesn't? What team do you coach for for you ta say that McNally hired player that isn't better than Jennings. I bet you didn't even know that Gazndy was drafted higher than Jennings the year they were both drafted. Gandy has been injured most of his career.

Now, I'm not saying either that you are wrong. you could be right but how does one call another a homer when you have nothing to back-up your statement other than your opinion?

DolphinDevil28 said:

Gandy played 16 of his 32 games at LT, and the others at guard.

Bledsoe won one game for us last season, against you guys in Miami...

He personally lost 3 (NE, BAL, and PIT)

With the offensive that mularkey runs, losman is most certainly an upgrade... Even if he can escape a few moe sacks, he's an upgrade.

I am not sure the Jets are worse in this situation.

Chad was throwing bombs last year with a bone chip the size of a sharks tooth in his shoulder. He had it removed and will start. Trust me, he will be better.

Coles is stronger and tougher than Moss. He also won't step out of bounds when he sees a hit coming.

Upgrade BIG TIME on TE. Please.

A few dings in the o-line but the majority of the players are there.

Defense it is all upgrade. Not only do we have a great group of sophmores coming back (Vilma/Strait/Coleman) we are getting Justin Miller who and a few others.

Hackett for Dinger? That is a no brainer. Hackett had a good scheme, he just wouldn't change from it. He would call the same play over and over again and even the dumbest sports announcer or defensemen could see the play coming a mile away. Dinger will bring Chad back into the shotgun and have him throw deep. If you don't think he can, play up close on him and watch as Justin or Coles burns you down the field.

Ok, enough of my homer-ism.

The rest of the AFC East:

Bills: Upgrades. They will have a strong defense and great running game, but they still have a huge ? at QB.

Pats: Downgrade. Sorry kids, they have lost a lot this offseason and trying to get those players psyched for yet another boring Super Bowl is going to be tough.

Phins: Call it an upgrade. New coach and a running game. Losses in the secondary and another big question at the QB position. Defense will play hard and be good, but is going to keep sliding as they get older.

BZ

Justasportsfan said:
For discussion sake, What do you know about Gandy that McNally doesn't? What team do you coach for for you ta say that McNally hired player that isn't better than Jennings. I bet you didn't even know that Gazndy was drafted higher than Jennings the year they were both drafted. Gandy has been injured most of his career.

Now, I'm not saying either that you are wrong. you could be right but how does one call another a homer when you have nothing to back-up your statement other than your opinion?

I just backed up my statement but you are spinning it.

See, this is what aggrivates me. You think you have all the right in the world to criticize any player on the Dolphins. Feeley sucks, the o-line sucks, Daniels is only a rookie, blah blah blah.

But when someone finds a weakness in a bills player, it's "Oh, but what do you know about him that our coach doesn't...and so on."

It's a crying shame.

Welcome to Buffalo, where there are no such things as two-way streets. :shakeno:

Justasportsfan said:
Stop trying to avoid my questions by trying to bring the no. of my posts. I don't blame you, I just expossed how you know nothing about the bills that obviously makes your original post look :crazy:

You haven't answered my questions or attempted to provide an arguement in proving them wrong. When you quit trolling for attention i'll answer or debate whatever you wish kid.

:nana:

DolphinDevil28 said:
I just backed up my statement but you are spinning it.

See, this is what aggrivates me. You think you have all the right in the world to criticize any player on the Dolphins. Feeley sucks, the o-line sucks, Daniels is only a rookie, blah blah blah.

But when someone finds a weakness in a bills player, it's "Oh, but what do you know about him that our coach doesn't...and so on."

It's a crying shame.

Welcome to Buffalo, where there are no such things as two-way streets. :shakeno:
because as of late Feeley hasn't proven to be any better than a 3rd string qb. Hence I have an opinion that his performance of late can back up. ;)

I don't call you a homer when you talk about your team, do I? I never claimed to act like I know your team better than you do. It's only when finfans talk about our team and tell we're wron that I call their posts homeristic. ;)

Back
Top Bottom