Our D... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our D...

Held Rivers and Gordon to 17 points at home with only 1 LB. BOOM. Well done! We bent ... sure, but 17 points is a good number against this team. Our strong run game + decent defense ... this team can do some good things.

I feel like a big part of that was San Diego not being a great football team and also shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm very concerned about our defense.

Meh, I think Timmons being out definitely affected communication however we held them to 17 points (really 23 points with 2 missed FG's). I am sure with Timmons out at the very last second, there was a huge impact on what could be called on Defense to protect Allen. The one thing I didn't like was we lacked pressure on Rivers.

I was surprised the chargers didn't score more but they did move the ball pretty easily. I'm not sure how we managed to hold Gordon so easily, and our pass rush looked tired all game... I think it will get better as we go- Timmons and Maulauga will shore it up more vs the run, and Timmons will be better in coverage out there than what we saw from them today I hope. A lot of miscommunication in the secondary too, and not a fan of how far off we play still constantly. Nate Allen was okay minus his horrid hands

Chargers could've scored a lot more if they threw more. The D couldn't cover at all. Very concerning.

Held Rivers and Gordon to 17 points at home with only 1 LB. BOOM. Well done! We bent ... sure, but 17 points is a good number against this team. Our strong run game + decent defense ... this team can do some good things.

Didn't see the game, but looks like Miami's run defense did a fantastic job. Yes? Rivers going 31-39 with no sacks is a downer, but like you said 17 points on the road is a win.

The San DiegoLos Angeles Chargers only had a 25% Third Down Efficiency. So, our defense got off the field when they needed it.

I feel like a big part of that was San Diego not being a great football team and also shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm very concerned about our defense.
Maybe, but this early in the season most teams are not in mid-season form yet. I think they have more talent than many realize, good coaching, and if they were in a different division they would be talked about more.

Back
Top Bottom