Our draft pick order | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our draft pick order

So Miami cam legitimaely get the 9th pick by the end of the day. Right now they are 12th

Maybe Redskins might be dance partner with their uncertainty with Cousin's..depending what Qb s are on the board when we pick..just a thought..

No we can't. Best we can do is 10 and for that to haPPEN WE Have to lose
So Miami cam legitimaely get the 9th pick by the end of the day. Right now they are 12th
today, the Bengals have to beat the Ravens in Baltimore and the raiders have to beat the chargers on the road

Ozzy rules!!

my bad, we could draft 9 but now the bears would also have to beat the vikings on the road so all 3 would have to win on the road along with us losing. Not likely to happen. But if we lose we'd draft no lower than 12

today, the Bengals have to beat the Ravens in Baltimore and the raiders have to beat the chargers on the road

Ozzy rules!!

my bad, we could draft 9 but now the bears would also have to beat the vikings on the road so all 3 would have to win on the road along with us losing. Not likely to happen. But if we lose we'd draft no lower than 12
Bears can win a tiebreaker for higher pick. That's the only 5 Loss Team we can jump

Ozzy rules!!

So you're saying there's a chance...

So you're saying there's a chance...
yes but it's like a .01% chance imo. Just can't see the Ravens losing at home to the bengals or the Vikings losing at home to the bears. I can see the raiders beating the chargers so if that happens and we lose then we'd draft 11 in round one and I believe 10 in round two

Ozzy rules!!

The system is bs. We get f***ed with a hard schedule (not to mention only 6 home games) and the hard schelide f***s us again on draft position

When you're not a good team everything seems to go against you

Ozzy rules!!

BTW, Skins and Packers are losing and most likely Zona will lose up in Seattle which means if we win we'd be dropping all the way to 15. It's hard for me to root for us to lose but after all the frustrations of this season the last thing we need is to drop from possible drafting 11 or 12 at the worst to drafting 15 in every round. If there was a time when it was better to lose to the jills it is today

Ozzy rules!!

Those close wins vs the Chargers, Titans, Jets and Falcons seem so important now.

When it comes to the draft position you go back and think that we beat the broncos and NE back to back and it felt good but I knew that'd cost us several spots. We'd be looking at a top 6 pick and teams wanting to trade with us so that they could get the QB they want so as always we're not good enough but we're also not bad enough once again and the cycle continues

Ozzy rules!!

Wait, we don't need any more defensive ends? Miami is near the bottom of the league in sacks because Miami doesn't have elite pass rushers.

Miami should ABSOLUTELY take a DE in the first round. And if not DE, a linebacker like Roquan Smith.

Use whatever cap space we have to sign offensive linemen. DE, LB, TE is how I go in the first three rounds of the draft.
You are talking yourself into a corner months before the draft my friend. In my opinion you should reword your phrase, Miami should absolutely take a DE in the first round IF a first round worthy DE falls to us. I only point this out because everyone will be arguing their passion without a caveat of availability. Drafting a DE with our first pack that only warrants a third or fourth pick is a reach And not what this team needs. I firmly believe in drafting the best available athlete within say plus or -2 slots. until we reach our pick nobody knows who will be available at that point. T

DT is just as important.

Suh will be gone in the blink of an eye. Phillips is coming on but I am not building my defense around him. Godchaux is stout.

I am just saying that kid from Washington is a monster and will get some consideration though the evaluation process.

Unless a lightning bolt with a trade offer strikes down TB, safe to Suh is here next year. I'll pass on drafting a DT this year. As for DE, I'm still not happy with the Harris pick. Doubling down on the same position two years in a row in the 1st when we are starving for talent at LB, C and G is short sighted and sets us up for continued failure in repeated areas of need.

Since the invention of the athletic tight end, we have never tried to address this weakness in our D. Unless you call Dion Jordan an attempt?

Since the invention of the mobile QB, we have yet to address this weakness in our D.

How many more times must we watch a team run the ball down our throat? Or close out games on the ground?

See a pattern with our D?

Save turnovers, most of the games we play can almost be predicted based on the type of offense and offensive talent on the other team.

We need LBs. For the love of gawd, draft some LBs to go with Raekwon. Then focus on C and G.

You are talking yourself into a corner months before the draft my friend. In my opinion you should reword your phrase, Miami should absolutely take a DE in the first round IF a first round worthy DE falls to us. I only point this out because everyone will be arguing their passion without a caveat of availability. Drafting a DE with our first pack that only warrants a third or fourth pick is a reach And not what this team needs. I firmly believe in drafting the best available athlete within say plus or -2 slots. until we reach our pick nobody knows who will be available at that point. T
I agree that reaching is a big mistake. You don't take the 27th best player on your board at 12 just because you want a DE or any other position. I keep looking at where we're drafting right now which would be 12 if the draft was right now and don't see a DE worth taking as the best two will be gone and the next best shouldn't be taken till the 20's. Hard to imagine but the value at 12 could be OT, WR and maybe Safety......just our luck

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom