Owusu | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Owusu

The three most famous words on this forum, "could'a, would'a, should'a". It's easy to sit there behind a keyboard and quote what you would've done after the fact. It doesn't impress me. The draft is nothing if not dynamic, it's not a static thing. Maybe the past FO was inadequate, that doesn't mean this new one is. The moment you think you're smarter than the professionals you lose all credibility.

I've heard comments like that made before. Interestingly enough, you made a similar remark to the inadequacies of former "professional" Dolphin staff members. Just because someone holds a position doesn't mean they are worthy of it.

Agreed "but" the fun part of the draft is playing the position of following your team needs and hoping they chose the players you hope they take. For example I have posted often about why I believe the value of trading down is a good idea. While I totally agree that no one beforehand can actually know the out come of the draft on the otherhand if they choose another player that I might not value, I might certainly gripe they reached for their choice and probably could have grabbed the guy later.

The three most famous words on this forum, "could'a, would'a, should'a". It's easy to sit there behind a keyboard and quote what you would've done after the fact. It doesn't impress me. The draft is nothing if not dynamic, it's not a static thing. Maybe the past FO was inadequate, that doesn't mean this new one is. The moment you think you're smarter than the professionals you lose all credibility.

The thing is that there is a strong track record associated with 10-15 key posters on this board, for 1. draft philosophy, 2. players, 3. acquisition, 4. scheme, and 5. coaching, re: comparison to Dolphins FO.

Your words would carry more meaning if a select group of posters hadn't laid it out consistently, way before the undeniable truth materializes before everyone's eyes [in hindsight].

Professionals steered the Titanic and created Obamacare. And professionals created the mess that has mired the Miami Dolphins in mediocre-at-best-misery for like a decade.

Give me a crowd of select intellectuals across areas of expertise and chances are the shared wisdom will excel in terms of both theory and praxis -- even in football. There's a heck of a lot the Dolphins FO could learn from some posters on here. And if they learned, then posters like you would wonder how the Dolphins got better across time, consistently. Must of been proof of your *professionals know best* claim, lol.

Why so serious? It's time for Miami to be real division and SB contenders.

Fins up.

LD

The thing is that there is a strong track record associated with 10-15 key posters on this board, for 1. draft philosophy, 2. players, 3. acquisition, 4. scheme, and 5. coaching, re: comparison to Dolphins FO.

Your words would carry more meaning if a select group of posters hadn't laid it out consistently, way before the undeniable truth materializes before everyone's eyes [in hindsight].

Professionals steered the Titanic and created Obamacare. And professionals created the mess that has mired the Miami Dolphins in mediocre-at-best-misery for like a decade.

Give me a crowd of select intellectuals across areas of expertise and chances are the shared wisdom will excel in terms of both theory and praxis -- even in football. There's a heck of a lot the Dolphins FO could learn from some posters on here. And if they learned, then posters like you would wonder how the Dolphins got better across time, consistently. Must of been proof of your *professionals know best* claim, lol.

Fins up.

LD

Dang, I was hoping you'd find a way to work Carroo into this post too.

There will be an all out battle for not only the last roster spot at WR but possibly 2 practice squad spots. Needless to say it's our deepest position and everyone should be on alert for their jobs.

Hard to imagine we carry 3 QB's on the roster. Doughty should expect to be on PS.

Insane upside.

IF he has any THERE there, a good coach and decent QB can take that upside and find a big time playmaker. Not only does he have those numbers, he moves well in short space (better than Parker, for instance). If he can be helped with the game between his ears, lookout.

A lot to like on taking chances with upside players.

He has to have some smarts. You have to have to attend Stanford.

He has to have some smarts. You have to have to attend Stanford.

I don't doubt that he's smart on some level. That always doesn't translate to football instincts, feel for game, and passion to win (and work hard enough to do so, etc.).

Listening to him talk you can tell that he's not dumb. The light just doesn't seem to have turned on, on the field tho. And that might not be all his fault.

I'm just giving Miami props for getting an upside player into camp. And I'm saying that all else being equal, if you're going to develop low ceiling players for two or three years, why not start taking those same two or three years on high ceiling players?

And stop burning multiple draft picks and high end draft picks on low-level athletes. Miami has been overstocked on those kinds of players for ten years running.

LD

Fins up.

LD
Talk about a "bag a hot wind". Your delusional if you think you would a handful of other fanatics are going to teach anyone in the front office anything.

And what the heck does this mean? "It's time for Miami to be real division and SB contenders."

Seriously? The more I Read the more I start to think the 7 is your age

I've heard comments like that made before. Interestingly enough, you made a similar remark to the inadequacies of former "professional" Dolphin staff members. Just because someone holds a position doesn't mean they are worthy of it.
This is true. But in most cases that I reply the poster is not saying in his opinion, he's quoting like he's an authority. You above all are guilty of this. As you get more experience perhaps you'll learn it is all just your opinion. Thrown in a couple coaches terms does it make you an authority.

This is true. But in most cases that I reply the poster is not saying in his opinion, he's quoting like he's an authority. You above all are guilty of this. As you get more experience perhaps you'll learn it is all just your opinion. Thrown in a couple coaches terms does it make you an authority.

Depends on the subject.

Last edited:
...it is all just your opinion. Thrown in a couple coaches terms does it make you an authority.

So it's your OPINION that it's all just an opinion. Right.

Seriously, opinions are like belly buttons: EVERYONE HAS ONE. That's not the issue.

The only issue is that, at the end of the day, whose opinion was closest to TRUE?

There's always a hundred or more different ways to look at any situation. Until the truth is known. Then there can be only one.

The closest to that right one wins. Those are the teams/coaches/GMs consistently acquiring best talent, fielding best teams, and receiving best results.

Shrugging off contrary points of view as opinion is easy and lazy.

Bringing your own opinion closer to the right one is hard.

But probably up until reading this post, you never realized that not all opinions are equal. Welcome to first grade in the school of learning. And football success.

LD

So it's your OPINION that it's all just an opinion. Right.

Seriously, opinions are like belly buttons: EVERYONE HAS ONE. That's not the issue.

The only issue is that, at the end of the day, whose opinion was closest to TRUE?

There's always a hundred or more different ways to look at any situation. Until the truth is known. Then there can be only one.

The closest to that right one wins. Those are the teams/coaches/GMs consistently acquiring best talent, fielding best teams, and receiving best results.

Shrugging off contrary points of view as opinion is easy and lazy.

Bringing your own opinion closer to the right one is hard.

But probably up until reading this post, you never realized that not all opinions are equal. Welcome to first grade in the school of learning. And football success.

LD
It is the issue. As long as you shoot off like you're an authority you're going to get challenged. It's on the wording buddy

It is the issue. As long as you shoot off like you're an authority you're going to get challenged. It's on the wording buddy

I don't mind being challenged. The more the merrier.

Everyone has an equal right to be wrong, lol.

LD

Back
Top Bottom