Parcells previous drafts and upcoming year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parcells previous drafts and upcoming year

That talent he left in dallas he couldn't win a playoff game w/ and in the 3 years since he has been gone they have won a total of ONE playoff game.

He was NOT in charge of the 2000 draft, Al groh was. Check the atrocious 1997-1999 Jets drafts to see what he did for us drafting wise.

so you put the blame for dallas' miscues on parcells' draft during his tenure there ?!

i'm sorry, but three names pop to my head waaaaaaaaaaay before Bill Parcells:

1- jerry jones
2- wade phillips
3- tony "choke" romo

on the offensive side, bill had some problems building something, but on defence... sheeeeshh ... he drafted some big time talent

That talent he left in dallas he couldn't win a playoff game w/ and in the 3 years since he has been gone they have won a total of ONE playoff game.

He was NOT in charge of the 2000 draft, Al groh was. Check the atrocious 1997-1999 Jets drafts to see what he did for us drafting wise.

Ok so Parcells can not evaluate or coach talent by what you suggest so I guess the following resume isn’t that impressive then:

Miami: 2 years with and before Bill
2008 to 2009 – Overall record of 18 and 14
2006 to 2007 – Overall record of 7 and 25

Cowboy: 4 years with and before Bill
2003 to 2006 – Overall record of 34 and 30 with Bill
1999 to 2002 – Overall record of 23 and 41 before Bill

Jets: 4 years with and before Bill
1997 to 2000 - Overall record 38 and 26 with Bill
1993 to 1996 – Overall record of 18 and 46 before Bill

Patriots: 4 with and before Bill
1993 to 1996 – Overall record of 32 and 32 with Bill
1989 to 1992 – Overall record of 14 and 50 before Bill

Giants: 7 years with and before Bill
1983 to 1990 – Overall record of 77 and 49 with Bill
1975 to 1982 – Overall record of 43 and 73 before Bill

So in summation as a coach or in the front office:
With the New York football Giants his winning percentage was .611 as opposed to .371 the seven years prior.
With the Patriots his winning percentage was .500 as opposed to .220 the four years prior
With the New York Jets his winning percentage was .613 as opposed to .281 the four years prior
With the Cowboy his winning percentage was .532 as opposed to .360 the four years prior
With the Dolphins his winning percentage was .562 as opposed to .220 the two years prior

With 11 playoff appearances in 21 years as a coach or in the front office, and is 2 for 3 in the Super Bowl.

I guess if his evaluation of coaching staffs, player talent, player utilization, drafting and general football knowledge is not up to par, this Dolphins fan is happy to have his non-talent drafting, non-coach finding, under appreciated happy *** right where I think it belongs – in the front office of the Miami Dolphins turning it back into the once proud franchise the dominated every aspect of the AFC East.

so you put the blame for dallas' miscues on parcells' draft during his tenure there ?!

i'm sorry, but three names pop to my head waaaaaaaaaaay before Bill Parcells:

1- jerry jones
2- wade phillips
3- tony "choke" romo

on the offensive side, bill had some problems building something, but on defence... sheeeeshh ... he drafted some big time talent

I am not blaming Parcells for Dallas not winning now, I am just not giving him too much credit for all the "great talent" he assembled. If that talent was that great they'd be winning more playoff games.

Jerry Jones has been part of more SB winning teams than BP has

Phillip[s is not a good playoff coach but in 2 playoff apps w/ Dallas he has more playoff wins than BP had in 2 playoff apps w/ Dallas.

BP gets credit for getting lucky w/ Romo but when Romo chokes it helps BP? This is my point, no matter what happens he always gets credit. if he walks into a team and wins w/ another regimes players it's b/c of BP but when he leaves and another coach comes in and wins it's b/c of BP.

Ok so Parcells can not evaluate or coach talent by what you suggest so I guess the following resume isn’t that impressive then:

Miami: 2 years with and before Bill
2008 to 2009 – Overall record of 18 and 14
2006 to 2007 – Overall record of 7 and 25

Cowboy: 4 years with and before Bill
2003 to 2006 – Overall record of 34 and 30 with Bill
1999 to 2002 – Overall record of 23 and 41 before Bill

Jets: 4 years with and before Bill
1997 to 2000 - Overall record 38 and 26 with Bill
1993 to 1996 – Overall record of 18 and 46 before Bill

Patriots: 4 with and before Bill
1993 to 1996 – Overall record of 32 and 32 with Bill
1989 to 1992 – Overall record of 14 and 50 before Bill

Giants: 7 years with and before Bill
1983 to 1990 – Overall record of 77 and 49 with Bill
1975 to 1982 – Overall record of 43 and 73 before Bill

So in summation as a coach or in the front office:
With the New York football Giants his winning percentage was .611 as opposed to .371 the seven years prior.
With the Patriots his winning percentage was .500 as opposed to .220 the four years prior
With the New York Jets his winning percentage was .613 as opposed to .281 the four years prior
With the Cowboy his winning percentage was .532 as opposed to .360 the four years prior
With the Dolphins his winning percentage was .562 as opposed to .220 the two years prior

With 11 playoff appearances in 21 years as a coach or in the front office, and is 2 for 3 in the Super Bowl.

I guess if his evaluation of coaching staffs, player talent, player utilization, drafting and general football knowledge is not up to par, this Dolphins fan is happy to have his non-talent drafting, non-coach finding, under appreciated happy *** right where I think it belongs – in the front office of the Miami Dolphins turning it back into the once proud franchise the dominated every aspect of the AFC East.

Like I said, he's a HOF coach but a mediocre evaluator of talent.

His 2 SB wins came when he wasn't picking players, his 3rd SB app came when he was stripped of that power or else they wouldn't have made it in 1996. He has had power to pick players for 12 years now(i'll add the Miami years) and in those 12 seasons his teams have won a grand total of ONE playoff game.

I am not blaming Parcells for Dallas not winning now, I am just not giving him too much credit for all the "great talent" he assembled. If that talent was that great they'd be winning more playoff games.

Jerry Jones has been part of more SB winning teams than BP has

Phillip[s is not a good playoff coach but in 2 playoff apps w/ Dallas he has more playoff wins than BP had in 2 playoff apps w/ Dallas.

BP gets credit for getting lucky w/ Romo but when Romo chokes it helps BP? This is my point, no matter what happens he always gets credit. if he walks into a team and wins w/ another regimes players it's b/c of BP but when he leaves and another coach comes in and wins it's b/c of BP.

Like I said, he's a HOF coach but a mediocre evaluator of talent.

His 2 SB wins came when he wasn't picking players, his 3rd SB app came when he was stripped of that power or else they wouldn't have made it in 1996. He has had power to pick players for 12 years now(i'll add the Miami years) and in those 12 seasons his teams have won a grand total of ONE playoff game.

If he is a Hall of Fame coach he obviously is not a mediocre evaluator of talent. You simple do not get to that level being mediocre. Is he the best that ever lived in the area, no but he is far above average in his ability to find hidden gems in the draft and use the talent to build a team.

The two years after he left the Jets they went to the playoffs and that team did not do a total roster overhaul like the one Miami had when Bill took the reins so basically it was his foundation the same can be said with New England and the Cowboys.

When you work the front office you can only give the talent to the coaching staff and the coaching staff can only try and get the players to execute and stay focused. They can not play the games for them.

The Jets are a prime example this year they backed into the playoffs and got to play a hugely overrated Cincy team and beat San Diego who only beat 3 teams with winning records all season. Some times when you get to the post season luck is as much a part as talent and an average team with a little luck can go a long way and the same can be said about the draft, you need luck to find hidden talent because you can not force a player to excel, prime example is Ginn the dude has all the tools to be good but no desire, complete waste of talent.

If he is a Hall of Fame coach he obviously is not a mediocre evaluator of talent. You simple do not get to that level being mediocre. Is he the best that ever lived in the area, no but he is far above average in his ability to find hidden gems in the draft and use the talent to build a team.

The two years after he left the Jets they went to the playoffs and that team did not do a total roster overhaul like the one Miami had when Bill took the reins so basically it was his foundation the same can be said with New England and the Cowboys.

When you work the front office you can only give the talent to the coaching staff and the coaching staff can only try and get the players to execute and stay focused. They can not play the games for them.

The Jets are a prime example this year they backed into the playoffs and got to play a hugely overrated Cincy team and beat San Diego who only beat 3 teams with winning records all season. Some times when you get to the post season luck is as much a part as talent and an average team with a little luck can go a long way.

The man has ONE win in years where he has picked players, his only SBs came when he wasn't picking players.

From 1997-2000 w/ him in charge of everything we made one postseason, he gets crdit b/c we made it in '01 and '02 after he left? and yes we didn't have a total roster overhaul in 2001(still had alot of pre-Parcells players) but in '02 we did. We had 6 new starters on D.

Yep we backed into the playoffs by winning the games we were supposed to win to get in then we beat up a quality Cincy team on the road and in my opinion the best team in the AFC on the road a week later but it was all luck.

12 years running the show, ONE postseason win. You can use the luck excuse all you want but you would think in 12 years he'd find some luck.

The man has ONE win in years where he has picked players, his only SBs came when he wasn't picking players.

From 1997-2000 w/ him in charge of everything we made one postseason, he gets crdit b/c we made it in '01 and '02 after he left? and yes we didn't have a total roster overhaul in 2001(still had alot of pre-Parcells players) but in '02 we did. We had 6 new starters on D.

Yep we backed into the playoffs by winning the games we were supposed to win to get in then we beat up a quality Cincy team on the road and in my opinion the best team in the AFC on the road a week later but it was all luck.

12 years running the show, ONE postseason win. You can use the luck excuse all you want but you would think in 12 years he'd find some luck.

I guess that’s why we all have an opinion the man can evaluate talent. I guess his understudies are not a point in this case either, right? I mean the Pats do not follow the same blueprint as Bill right and they never win either.

Cincy was overrated all season and if you ask me Pitt and the Ravens are a better team top to bottom then Cincy. I knew going into the Jets game it was a sealed deal for the Jets you could have easily drew the Pats or Ravens and with those teams it would have been a coin toss to win.

You played Indy to get in without Manning who oh by the way was winning when he was pulled and then the vaulted Jets passing defense proceeded to collapse when Manning played the whole game. The score should have been 44-17 at the gun.

I am not discrediting what the Jets did all season and to my surprise I though Sanchez would loose the game for the Jets and he did not and that is huge for his development going forward. The Jets played BP style football, built from the trenches and made their opponents become one dimensional by taking away the pass. When you know they are going to run it makes it so much easier to defend against it.

Any thread on BP or JT and nyjunc is salivating at the mouth to jump down anyones throat who think their good at their job!!!

BP has only evaluated the bad players and everyone else has picked the good ones, and JT has never played well in an important game blah blah blah.

But the fact is BP changes every team from bad to good in a short time and JT will be a HOF when his career is done. BP has two Superbowl wins and has taken two different teams to the Superbowl. So what is so difficult to understand here, nyjunc is a hater and provides only his opinion on what has gone on behind closed doors and the rest of us give factual information on results from BP.

Same old crap, different thread. Who cares really? BP is with us and we have witnessed one of the all time great single season turnarounds, the depth on our team is excellent in key areas and we are only going into our third draft with BP's hand selected crew.

I'm as excited as ever to be a Dolphin fan because of BP and what he and his staff are doing. Nyjunc can make believe all the negative bs he wants the fact remains he is a closet Dolphin fan that spends more time chatting here then with the brain childs over at Greenpooplickingland.com or whatever it's called!

Any thread on BP or JT and nyjunc is salivating at the mouth to jump down anyones throat who think their good at their job!!!

BP has only evaluated the bad players and everyone else has picked the good ones, and JT has never played well in an important game blah blah blah.

But the fact is BP changes every team from bad to good in a short time and JT will be a HOF when his career is done. BP has two Superbowl wins and has taken two different teams to the Superbowl. So what is so difficult to understand here, nyjunc is a hater and provides only his opinion on what has gone on behind closed doors and the rest of us give factual information on results from BP.

Same old crap, different thread. Who cares really? BP is with us and we have witnessed one of the all time great single season turnarounds, the depth on our team is excellent in key areas and we are only going into our third draft with BP's hand selected crew.

I'm as excited as ever to be a Dolphin fan because of BP and what he and his staff are doing. Nyjunc can make believe all the negative bs he wants the fact remains he is a closet Dolphin fan that spends more time chatting here then with the brain childs over at Greenpooplickingland.com or whatever it's called!

Actually you were close 3rd... greenpooplickingyourhandland.com

I guess that’s why we all have an opinion the man can evaluate talent. I guess his understudies are not a point in this case either, right? I mean the Pats do not follow the same blueprint as Bill right and they never win either.

Cincy was overrated all season and if you ask me Pitt and the Ravens are a better team top to bottom then Cincy. I knew going into the Jets game it was a sealed deal for the Jets you could have easily drew the Pats or Ravens and with those teams it would have been a coin toss to win.

You played Indy to get in without Manning who oh by the way was winning when he was pulled and then the vaulted Jets passing defense proceeded to collapse when Manning played the whole game. The score should have been 44-17 at the gun.

I am not discrediting what the Jets did all season and to my surprise I though Sanchez would loose the game for the Jets and he did not and that is huge for his development going forward. The Jets played BP style football, built from the trenches and made their opponents become one dimensional by taking away the pass. When you know they are going to run it makes it so much easier to defend against it.

They swept both Vincy and Baltimore. I agree I would much rather have faced Cincy than the other 2 but Cincy took care of business while the other 2 didn't.

Our D wore out, we had some injuries we couldn't overcome and Peyton played like he rarely does in January. The better team won, that doesn't take anything away from our playoff run.

I salivate to get the truth out. Sorry if it offends you.

Stay w/ your head buried in the sand and believe BP is a great evaluator of talent, don't let small facts like ONE postseason win in 12 years or the winning his 2 SBs when george Young picked the players influence you at all.

As far as JT, don't let little facts like being a leader of a Defense that was historically bad in big games and the little fact that he has ZERO career postseason sacks or that when he walked out on Miami to dance on TV your team won 11 games then when he came back you won 7.

but what do I know?

You don't need to have 1st rd picks to have good drafts. He inheirted the #1 pick overall in the draft.

Farrior is a good player but we traded down from the #1 overall pick. Farrior had one good year for us in 5 years then became really good in Pitt but he was never worth orlando Pace.

We lucked into ferguson, he failed a drug test and dropped to the 7th or we never get him.

Randy thomas was really good.

Leon ws good before the injuries.

Fabini was a solid tackle.

But look at the rest of his drafts:

1997:

1997 1 1 8 8 James Farrior LB Virginia
2 2 1 31 Rick Terry DT North Carolina
3 3 28 88 Dedric Ward WR Northern Iowa
4 4 6 102 Terry Day DE Mississippi State
5 4 8 104 Leon Johnson RB North Carolina
6 5 1 131 Lamont Burns G East Carolina
7 5 15 145 Raymond Austin DB Tennessee
8 6 1 164 Tim Scharf LB Northwestern
9 6 28 191 Chuck Clements QB Houston
10 7 1 202 Steve Rosga DB Colorado
11 7 28 229 Jason Ferguson DT Georgia

Rick terry was our 2nd rd pick and only played 1 year for us and 3 years in the NFL

Terry day played 1 year in the NFL

Lamont Burns 1 year in the NFL

Raymond Auston, 1 year for us, 3 years in the NFL

Tim Scharf never played a down in the NFL

Chuck Clements was w/ us for one year

Steve Rosga never played a down in the NFL

Of our 11 draft picks7 of them were out of the NFL w/in 3 years.

1998:

1998 1 2 26 56 Dorian Boose DT Washington State
2 3 6 67 Scott Frost DB Nebraska
3 3 26 87 Kevin Williams DB Oklahoma State
4 4 19 111 Jason Fabini T Cincinnati
5 5 11 134 Casey Dailey LB Northwestern
6 5 18 141 Doug Karczewski T Virginia
7 5 23 146 Blake Spence TE Oregon
8 5 26 149 Eric Bateman T Brigham Young
9 6 10 163 Eric Ogbogu DT Maryland
10 6 21 174 Chris Brazzell WR Angelo State
11 6 30 183 Dustin Johnson RB Brigham Young
12 7 6 195 Lawrence Hart TE Southern

Boose was our 1st pick of thhat draft(rd 2), never started a game for us. Played 4 years in the NFL

Frost started 1 game for us in 3 years

Kevin williams played 4 years in the NFL

Casey dailey played 1 year

Doug Karczewski never played a down

Blake Spence had 4 recs in 3 years in the NFL

Eric Bateman never played a down

Ogbogu started 4 games(w/ dallas0 in his 7 yr career)

Chris Brazzell never played a down for us, lasted 2 years in the NFL

Dustin Johnson never played a down for us, played 1 year in the NFL

Same for lawrence Hart

12 picks in 1998 and 9 of the picks were out of the league w/in 4 years.

1999:

1999 1 2 26 57 Randy Thomas G Mississippi State
2 3 29 90 David Loverne G San Jose State
3 4 28 123 Jason Wiltz DT Nebraska
4 5 29 162 Jermaine Jones DB Northwestern State (LA)
5 6 14 183 Marc Megna LB Richmond
6 6 28 197 J.P. Machado G Illinois
7 7 17 223 Ryan Young T Kansas State
8 7 29 235 J.J. Syvrud DE Jamestown

Loverne played 2 years for us, never started a game.

Wiltz started 2 games in his 2 year NFL career

Jones played 1 year for us and 2 in the NFL

Megna never played a down for us, his NFL career lasted one season.

Syvrud lasted one year in the NFL

We had 8 picks, 5 of them were out of the league w/in 2 years.

as for Dallas, they had a much better cpach than Wade and he couldn't win a playoff game- his name was Bill parcells.

SD in the last 3 postseasons has been in the div rd twice and in the title game once. That's a little different than Dallas. They have 3 postseason wins the last 3 years compared to one for Dallas since 1997.

Wow,
those were very bad drafts...comparable to the crap we went through a few years back

I salivate to get the truth out. Sorry if it offends you.

Stay w/ your head buried in the sand and believe BP is a great evaluator of talent, don't let small facts like ONE postseason win in 12 years or the winning his 2 SBs when george Young picked the players influence you at all.

As far as JT, don't let little facts like being a leader of a Defense that was historically bad in big games and the little fact that he has ZERO career postseason sacks or that when he walked out on Miami to dance on TV your team won 11 games then when he came back you won 7.

but what do I know?

You don't offend me by any means, you entertain me with your constant bs and twisting of any reasonable facts you can manipulate. You constantly puke out opinions and state them as facts and then when confronted your only response is "you can't handle the truth".

The fact is JT is 11th all time in sacks, which is kind of an important stat for his position and add 8 interceptions with 3 td's. I won't let my eyes fool me with all the great games I've watch JT play because some JEST fan is telling me to. Let alone telling everyone on a Dolphins board how the guy turning around our franchise isn't that good at what he does even though he's done it multiple times before.

So sad you have such a hatred towards people that has so much success, did either one turn you down for a autograph when you sercretly went to Dolphin games? Lose a girlfriend to one? Size, is that it, you peeked at a urinal and even though Mommy says it doesn't matter it still hurts? It's hard to come up with something logical so it must be one of the others.

You don't offend me by any means, you entertain me with your constant bs and twisting of any reasonable facts you can manipulate. You constantly puke out opinions and state them as facts and then when confronted your only response is "you can't handle the truth".

The fact is JT is 11th all time in sacks, which is kind of an important stat for his position and add 8 interceptions with 3 td's. I won't let my eyes fool me with all the great games I've watch JT play because some JEST fan is telling me to. Let alone telling everyone on a Dolphins board how the guy turning around our franchise isn't that good at what he does even though he's done it multiple times before.

So sad you have such a hatred towards people that has so much success, did either one turn you down for a autograph when you sercretly went to Dolphin games? Lose a girlfriend to one? Size, is that it, you peeked at a urinal and even though Mommy says it doesn't matter it still hurts? It's hard to come up with something logical so it must be one of the others.

Actually I constantly offer my opinionss then back them up w/ facts then folks like you go on personal attacks b/c you can't attack the argument.

That's great that JT is 11th all time in sacks, you realize that they didn't start keeping the sack stat until the early 80s, right? So that 11th would likely be alot lower and while his totals are nice he has only had 6 double digit sack seasons and only ONE w/ more than 15. He has played 13 years and has only been top 10 in sacks just 5 times while leading only once. he's beena really good pass rusher but that's not good enough for you guys. You need to pretend like he was an all-time great and he wasn't. he never stepped up in big spots and led a D that always choked(like him) in the big spot.

I don't hate Jason, I don't know him. I hate him on the field but that is something totally different. I hate every player to wear an opposing unifrom on the field but off the field I don't know these guys so I have no hatred.

You know how I know I win these arguments? Just read your last paragraph. You have nothing to combat the argument w/ and you start hurling 3rd grade insults.

Actually I constanly offer my opniions then back them up w/ facts then folks like you go on personal attacks b/c you can't attack the argument.

That's great that JT is 11th all time in sacks, you realize that they didn't start keeping the sack stat until the early 80s, right? So that 11th would likely be alot lower and while his totals are nice he has only had 6 double digit sack seasons and only ONE w/ more than 15. He has played 13 years and has only been top 10 in sacks just 5 times while leading only once. he's beena really good pass rusher but that's not good enough for you guys. You need to pretend like he was an all-time great and he wasn't. he never stepped up in big spots and led a D that always choked(like him) in the big spot.

I don't hate Jason, I don't know him. I hate him on the field but that is something totally different. I hate every player to wear an opposing unifrom on the field but off the field I don't know these guys so I have no hatred.

You know how I know I win these arguments? Just read your last paragraph. You have nothing to combat the argument w/ and you start hurling 3rd grade insults.

Actually no insults at all, they we're legit questions trying to come up with a reason your so angry. I apoligize if you we're offended by a question.

Your right what was I thinking!!! He only had double digit sacks in 6 years, 111 in this decade, more then any other player including 22 more then Strahan. 6 time probowler, league defensive MVP, 8 picks, 37 forced fumbles, ya your right we over value him but so does the rest of the league and they don't know anything either!

"Jason Taylor is a Hall of Famer," said Hall of Famer Warren Moon.

"You'll be in the Hall of Fame someday," Belichick told Taylor.

What makes Taylor the decade's best defensive end? Sapp, USA TODAY's All-Decade defensive tackle, said it's Taylor's consistent impact as a complete defender.
"Jason Taylor is great," the NFL Network analyst said. "He's a monster. He rushes both sides and has that long arm move. He's just so consistent."

These guys also don't no what their talking about, right?

All Decade team USA Today, All Decade Team ESPN, All Decade Team SI...just some more people not knowing what their talking about and obviousily overrating JT.

Actually no insults at all, they we're legit questions trying to come up with a reason your so angry. I apoligize if you we're offended by a question.

Your right what was I thinking!!! He only had double digit sacks in 6 years, 111 in this decade, more then any other player including 22 more then Strahan. 6 time probowler, league defensive MVP, 8 picks, 37 forced fumbles, ya your right we over value him but so does the rest of the league and they don't know anything either!

All Decade team USA Today, All Decade Team ESPN, All Decade Team SI...just some more people not knowing what their talking about and obviousily overrating JT.

22 more than Strahan- pretty impressive considering he played 42 more games than Strahan.

I don't care what Warren Moon has to say.

Belichick is buttering up an opponent.

You can find nice quotes about any player. The facts are much better pass rushers are not in the Hall so how will jason pass those guys and make the Hall? Strahan is far from a lock and he was a MUCH better pass rusher than Taylor.

Those lists are based on stats. They don't take into account his poor play in big games.

No of course they dont, but NYjunk (the Greatest jest nerd EVER) knows everything and anything.:crazy:

And I can speak for many people on here when I say, put a sock in it and go try to educate the pukegreen forum instead of ours.

Back
Top Bottom