Parker says he's playing on Sunday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parker says he's playing on Sunday

Parker isn't up there with Clayton, Duper, OJ, Fryar, Chambers, Landry, Welker...(only by default) etc etc. I'm not understanding the Parker love fest. Right now the Parker fan club are basing it on 1.The Offense is worst in NFL and 2.Phins don't have a tall WR. That's basically it in a nutshell.
Sidenote: I want Parker to do well but....he's done nothing up to now to give him any credence or hero worship.

Not to nit pick but I put Paul Warfield, Howard Twilley, and Duriel Harris well above Welker and Landry...

I just want that nice pass Cutler threw to DP in the preseason come to fruition in the regular season.Please!

DeVante Parker (ankle) is listed as questionable for Week 9 against the Raiders.

Parker practiced fully this week and is expected to play. He's been out since Week 5, but should return to a featured role with Jay Ajayi gone. The Dolphins have been trending down and could be forced into a pass-heavy gamescript. Parker has potential for a big week with CB David Amerson sidelined.

I think he'll have a good game on Sunday, well at least I'm hoping

Ozzy rules!!

Glass Parker flashes but as soon as he does he gets a retina burn and must sit for 5 games.

Trade him to Philly for a 7th after he gets hurt Sunday night

Parker isn't up there with Clayton, Duper, OJ, Fryar, Chambers, Landry, Welker...(only by default) etc etc. I'm not understanding the Parker love fest. Right now the Parker fan club are basing it on 1.The Offense is worst in NFL and 2.Phins don't have a tall WR. That's basically it in a nutshell.
Sidenote: I want Parker to do well but....he's done nothing up to now to give him any credence or hero worship.

He certainly has the ability to be in that list (I mean, some of them aren't setting the bar all that high, like Chambers), but his injury-proneness may prevent him from ever reaching it, which is unfortunate. When he's on the field, he's dangerous.

This was supposed to be his breakout year but I haven't seen anything that shows me is worth resigning when his rookie deal is up. Can't stay on the field and I think some of that is him taking care of his body; eating and hydrating right, etc. I think Miami is going to have to choose either resigning Landry or Parker but not both. Maybe they franchise tag Landry and give Parker one final season to show what he's got and then go from there. And knowing Miami's luck Parker goes to the Patriots and Belicheck, Brady, and Parker win the next 10 superbowls setting NFL records as they go.

This was supposed to be his breakout year but I haven't seen anything that shows me is worth resigning when his rookie deal is up. Can't stay on the field and I think some of that is him taking care of his body; eating and hydrating right, etc. I think Miami is going to have to choose either resigning Landry or Parker but not both. Maybe they franchise tag Landry and give Parker one final season to show what he's got and then go from there. And knowing Miami's luck Parker goes to the Patriots and Belicheck, Brady, and Parker win the next 10 superbowls setting NFL records as they go.

If he went to NE he would be the second coming of Randy Moss and develop a LB'ers toughness even on hits across the middle.

Its hard to understand how things "magically" get better in NE

I don't believe they can tag Landry as it'd cost 16mill to do that. We just don't have the money for it and they don't have to worry about Parker yet as far as a contract but I agree that they can't keep both along with Stills. If I was a betting man I'd bet that Landry's the odd man out

Ozzy rules!!

Definitely the most talented player on the team. It remains to be seen if his body or heart let him become the best player on the team.
He's an amazing talent but quite frankly I just don't see the "it" factor w him mentally. I'm not even talking about the injuries. I'm talking about plays where he goes up makes a circus catch only to not be able to finish in bounds because he lets his wrist hit the paint or a smaller DB out-muscle him to the sideline. These types of things took 9 points (TD and 2 pointer) off the board for us last year. This year, that play where he fumbled (even though it was ruled incomplete for some stupid reason) going across the middle where he changed hands while weaving through the heart of the D was poor form. The play he got injured on - put your shoulder down and go north-south big man. Sadly, I think he's right there w Damien Williams in terms of football IQ and I do not believe that is fixable. I would not sign him to a big contract when the time comes unless he shows he can eliminate the mental errors.

Back
Top Bottom