Pat Kirwan mock draft 5/2/14 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat Kirwan mock draft 5/2/14

See earlier posts as to the fallacy of the Koundjio knee stories and look at more tape, because Koundjio is not incredibly slow and lumbering, that's another fallacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2TJ8KDsDA8

Kouandjio ran a 5.59 sec 40 compared to Su'a-Filo's 5.09. Your big boy is huge - 6'7" and 322 lbs with enormous arms but he's slow. I think that we get Martin, Su'a-Filo, Moses, James and Bitonio ahead of Kouandjio.

Kouandjio ran a 5.59 sec 40 compared to Su'a-Filo's 5.09. Your big boy is huge - 6'7" and 322 lbs with enormous arms but he's slow. I think that we get Martin, Su'a-Filo, Moses, James and Bitonio ahead of Kouandjio.

I'd be more concerned about his 40 time if here were a WR- he's a Tackle. He moves pretty well laterally, that's more important imo. He is what he is, a power OT who is a good pass blocker. His straight ahead speed isn;t a big concern of mine, and he moves pretty fluidly for a big man. Moses ran a 5.35 at the combine, James ran a 4.34, Kouandjio ran 5.42 and a 5:53 at his pro day. His movement skills are fine fro an OT imo, especially RT where he'll probably end up:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000335317/2014-Combine-workout-Cyrus-Kouandjio

That pick is horrible, we can pick up OL help in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, this team needs playmakers on both sides of the ball.
They should take BPA at 19 and Kouandjio isn't one of them.

If Kouandjio is the pick I wont even bother to watch the rest of Hickey' draft.

Hope so. Martin and Su'a are the only two corns I[STRIKE] want[/STRIKE] would be OK with at 19

With respect, I still have concerns about whether he fits the ZBS. If he does and his knee isn't going to shorten his career then OK, but there is no way I support the fitting a square peg in a round hole mentality.

With respect, I still have concerns about whether he fits the ZBS. If he does and his knee isn't going to shorten his career then OK, but there is no way I support the fitting a square peg in a round hole mentality.

He doesn't fit the ZBS...end of story.

I take an OLman's 40 time with a pinch of salt - for me it's the 10 sec split and in particular the 3 cone drill that are the more important times.

Mosely (beast mode) or Cooks (another Desean jackson) would be the pick in that mock.
No way we are taking the 3rd or 4th best player at a position at #19. We are not that desperate and Hickey look for other oline options in round 2-4

I'm with ya.

If it panned out that way I'd pick either Beckham Jr, Cooks, Mosley, or even Kyle Fuller, who many here believe to be the best corner in the draft.

I'm less interested in their 40 times than their 10 yard times and broad jump. Those are more indicative of that initial burst of power you want your linemen to have.

Does the guy trying to sell 30,000 empty seats, get a say in this? I'm guessing he does and that Cyrus won't sell many. I say we vote on this!

RW

Back
Top Bottom