Pat Turner Going to the JETS Helps the Dolphins! (& the Pats, Bills, Steelers, Bears) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat Turner Going to the JETS Helps the Dolphins! (& the Pats, Bills, Steelers, Bears)

If anything he is underated..He is a good tackler and a good leader..Its def a pretty big blow..Remember the Jets love to bring pressure and blitz so the back end guys have to cover more man to man. You would assume next guy up is not as polished at that.

He is a liability in coverage though. He cannot defend well against taller receivers.

Pat Turner Going to the JETS Helps the Dolphins! Jets SS Jim Leonard Out for Season.

Patrick Turner apparently broke Jim Leonhard's shin in practice. NO I am not saying I am happy a player got injured. Obviously thats sucks for the poor guy, he is a heck of a player. BUT any time a starter goes down with an injury ESPECIALLY FOR THE JETS :d-day: its obviously good news for the opponents from a competitive advantage. But good luck to the guy with his recovery.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/rex_ryan_jets_safety_jim_leonh.html

"Anyone that watched all the Jets games knows how important Leonhard is. Defensive play caller, huge impact player on special teams (his punt return set up Holmes TD catch in OT in Cleveland, for example). Huge loss for the Jets at this particular point of the season.
The special teams part can't be overlooked. He is a big contributor for them." - Tim Graham Chat

yeah, be politically correct all you want, I'm totally psyched he's hurt. about time some bad fortune came to the jets

Clearly the karma from this thread traveled BACK in time and injured our two Chads and just about every offensive lineman we've got.

He is a liability in coverage though. He cannot defend well against taller receivers.

Thats true. His height is a bit of liability..But he finds other ways to make plays

its def a loss but he isn't much better than average really. this is the type of loss that a team aspiring for a championship has to be able to overcome

Leonhard directed the secondary and knows the defense front to back. He is very replaceable from a physical standpoint, the issue will be how well they communicate without him.

Back
Top Bottom