Pat Turner Going to the JETS Helps the Dolphins! (& the Pats, Bills, Steelers, Bears) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat Turner Going to the JETS Helps the Dolphins! (& the Pats, Bills, Steelers, Bears)

yeah...this would have been worse last year when no one but leonhard and scott had been in ryan's system. this year it shouldn't be as big a deal. yeah it's a loss, but championship teams overcome losses like this one. the guy was completely mediocre in coverage.

Yeah, the players have the system down but there's still the task of reading the offense and making pre-snap calls based on formations. That was a big part of what Leonhard did and it seems like that will be Eric Smith's job now. He's one of the smartest guys on defense though so he may be up to the task.

I agree that it's a loss they should be able to overcome though, it just sucks in the short term, to lose a player mid-week and only have a couple of days to adjust.

this is the 1st step to the jets collapse.

LOL... I thought the first step was the Ravens loss?

Jet offensive shut up. Ganggreen practically splooges when a dolphin gets injured.

first of all i dont go to gangreen so i don't care what goes on there. most of the time though when i see a post on a jets forum getting happy about an injury i always see othe rposters telling the poster who celebrated it that they are classless. i can see the same thing happening here, with some of the posters here calling this thread out as bush league. which it is. anyway whatever.......

first of all i dont go to gangreen so i don't care what goes on there. most of the time though when i see a post on a jets forum getting happy about an injury i always see othe rposters telling the poster who celebrated it that they are classless. i can see the same thing happening here, with some of the posters here calling this thread out as bush league. which it is. anyway whatever.......

You lost your leading solo tackler. The guy who gets to the ball 1st most of the time.
This will affect your defense and is definitely news.

so out of the 2 players who we had drafted in the past, one of them( Jason Allen) kills us and the other( Patrick Turner) helps us.

1 for 2 so far.

You lost your leading solo tackler. The guy who gets to the ball 1st most of the time.
This will affect your defense and is definitely news.

it's def news.....but trust me just looking at solo tackle stats doesn't tell the story. the guy is a decent safety, thats all. many jets fans would tell you that leonhard's position needed to be upgraded.

it's def news.....but trust me just looking at solo tackle stats doesn't tell the story. the guy is a decent safety, thats all. many jets fans would tell you that leonhard's position needed to be upgraded.

I guess we will see who steps up in his place.
You never know you might just get your upgrade.

I guess we will see who steps up in his place.
You never know you might just get your upgrade.

i dont think our upgrade is on the roster. unfortunately we are gonna just have to hope for smith and maybe one of the other db's to step in keep the status quo. smith is a bigger hitter than leonhard, but is probably slightly wor sein coverage (although he's made a big pass break up or 2 lately). then we might see lowery or wilson in there for coverage on more obvious passing downs. who knows we will just have to see what ryan does. either way it sucks to lose a starting player.

Jim Leonhard/ NY Jets Safety

Espn is announcing that Jets safety Jim leonhard is out with broken leg for the season, He was listed as the signal caller for the secondary for the jets.

Back
Top Bottom