Patriots beat Dolphins to punch for Josh Boyce | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots beat Dolphins to punch for Josh Boyce

This is supposed to be significant? He's still a project and the Pats' receiving corp is a major question mark as of now.

That's fine I'd rather have the guys we picked...he probably wouldn't have made the team anyways....we're deep in that area...you can have him Pats

So the Patriots beat us to a 4th round pick? Not sure I understand...wasn't he passed over by every team 3 times...but the Pats beat us to him?

Sorry I would have rather had Boyce than Jenkins. I'm not unhappy with the Jenkins pick, but Boyce is a slot WR that probably would have gone in the 3rd had he not injured his foot.

This kind of stuff happens throughout the draft for every team, ask the Eagles about Jordan or the Jets about Austin

**** the Pats! I truly believe they are on the downfall, sure they have Brady, but at his age he's starting to play on barrowed time, they have two solid TE's but both have yet to complete a full 16 game season. They haven't drafted well on the defensive side of the ball for the last few years, their Oline and run game haven't improved from last year...

With all that said, I still think we may need at least another year to truly challenge them for the division, but we are getting close, we are on the upswing while they are on the down. What does my rant have to do with them picking Boyce before us in the 4th? Nothing, I just wante dto say "**** the Pats"!

Love the Jenkins pick if his foot is healed. If not there is no way we would have drafted them. That kid has a huge situational upside. Boyce....not too sure on that.

Oh they sure outsmarted us by picking another receiver that wont amount to much. The Patriots are more concerned about looking smart than actually being smart. They could of had Patterson at 29. That would have bothered me much more. Tick Tock Brady tick tock Patriots open window!

This is becoming a broken record after every draft.

2010: We would have had Jimmy Graham but the Saints beat us to it.
2012: We would have had T.Y. Hilton but the Colts beat us to it.
2013: We would have had Josh Boyce but the Patriots beat us to it.

If we rate these guys high enough to be drafted, draft them instead of offensive lineman or trade up.

[h=3]Analysis[/h][h=4]Strengths[/h]Solid overall build with a muscular upper body and strong legs. Lines up outside and in the slot. Displays very good hands. Excellent first three steps off the line to challenge corners, shakes them off the line and has enough speed to get a step down the field. Stems every route in the tree with foot quickness that college corners can't handle, does not have to slow down significantly to make a cut. Tracks the ball well over either shoulder, and shows a good job of high pointing the football in contested situations. Creates space downfield with an arm extension. Tough to bring down after the catch because of his low center of gravity and strength. Aggressive run blocker with the strength to negate his man and stick with the block. Willing to attack safeties stepping up inside if uncovered. [h=4]Weaknesses[/h]Might be limited to purely playing the slot. Does not bring some difficult catches extended away from his frame that top prospects are expected to snare with their hands. Some college corners could close on him in the open field. Will fall off run blocks instead of sustaining, allowing his man to come off and make a play at times. [h=4]NFL Comparison[/h]Devery Henderson [h=4]Bottom Line[/h]Boyce's average height and maxed-out frame won't wow scouts, but the quickness and strength that made him a playmaker at the college level makes him a potentially dangerous weapon in the slot, with the possibility of being able to line up on the outside.

meh

Guys, Boyce is the real deal and will be everything that everyone was hoping Swope would be for us... I was hoping big time for Boyce. He's Bess but able to own the deep vertical routes and also line up outside. He's gonna be better than Welker in two years, if Brady can hold up that is...

LD

In the draft day thread I said the two slot receivers we were probably targeting were Josh Boyce & Ace Sanders & they went back to back early in the 4th round. After that none of the remaining receivers made sense for us.

It happens all the time in the draft. Patriots beat the Dolphins to Boyce and the Dolphins beat the Eagles to Jordan. I am sure those are not the only two times it happened in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom