Patriots beat Dolphins to punch for Josh Boyce | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots beat Dolphins to punch for Josh Boyce

I had that thought when the pick was made. He is a nice player, good get for them.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I think the Saints at #75 beat us to Armstead too.

What's the number one job requirement to be a writer at PFT, To be a PATRIOT fan? Really, this is the article that comes out from there,and no doubt GANT is another Patriot fluffer! Man, I can't wait to beat their ass this year!

Yeah well we beat the patsies to jordan, so screw them. I really hope we man up and take the division from them with a healthy brady this year so I can quit hearing every news outlet in america constantly slurping those cheating sobs

I would feel a lot better about this draft if we took Boyce or Quinton Patton with our 2nd 3rd rounder as opposed to this Will Davis guy who seemed to be a consensus late round/ fa prospect.

I was hoping we could get Boyce, but I like Jenkins. I don't get why the Patriots would target Boyce when they just acquired Amendola, supposedly to replace Welker? But many experts had the Pats with the worst draft grade in the AFC East. Belichick has made some major gaffes the last five years or so.

he's slow.4.6 speed kinda like a poor mans james jones :chuckle:..i wonder if someone on the fins is a pats backer..b.gaine? to play wr for the patsies you have to be very smart and aware ..thats why they keep bringing back branch/ stallworth/ and them..so he's not a lock to play with tommy!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is becoming a broken record after every draft.

2010: We would have had Jimmy Graham but the Saints beat us to it.
2012: We would have had T.Y. Hilton but the Colts beat us to it.
2013: We would have had Josh Boyce but the Patriots beat us to it.

If we rate these guys high enough to be drafted, draft them instead of offensive lineman or trade up.

I mean i'm sure it happens all the time, but i'm of the opinion that if the story was reversed this thread would be 9 pages long about how we outwitted beli and it's a sign of the changing of the guard.

I was hoping we could get Boyce, but I like Jenkins. I don't get why the Patriots would target Boyce when they just acquired Amendola, supposedly to replace Welker? But many experts had the Pats with the worst draft grade in the AFC East. Belichick has made some major gaffes the last five years or so.
Because they have virtually NO receivers. After Amendola it's Michael Jenkins, Julian Edleman, and Donald Jones along with Aaron Dobson. Belichick can do whatever he wants and get away with it as he has Brady, Gronk, and Hernandez along with a newfound running game.

OMG,OMG, another great WR goes to the Patriots!

Questions:

Which team has a better passing attack? The Dolphins or the Patriots?

Which teams has better WRs? The Dolphins or the Patriots?

We clearly have the best WR corp (not counting TEs) yet they will have a better passing game. In fact, the patriots did not need the "magical' number one WR last season, they had a slot WR and two TEs.

The reason is so simple that some people can't get it. It is not about the WRs, it is about the QB. Put 3 All Pro WRs on a team with a crappy QB and you are going to get a poor passing game. Put a All Pro QB with 3 crappy WRs and you will get at least a decent passing attack.

Give Tom Brady our WR corp of Wallace, Hartline and Gibson and they take the super Bowl.

Except the Fins do this all the time. They call a guy and say they are picking them and then don’t. Just like they did with Jordan Reed, telling him they would pick him then trading the pick.
Most likely they knew the Pats were listening and suckered them into picking him. Just like they did with Mallett.

OMG,OMG, another great WR goes to the Patriots!

Questions:

Which team has a better passing attack? The Dolphins or the Patriots?

Which teams has better WRs? The Dolphins or the Patriots?

We clearly have the best WR corp (not counting TEs) yet they will have a better passing game. In fact, the patriots did not need the "magical' number one WR last season, they had a slot WR and two TEs.

The reason is so simple that some people can't get it. It is not about the WRs, it is about the QB. Put 3 All Pro WRs on a team with a crappy QB and you are going to get a poor passing game. Put a All Pro QB with 3 crappy WRs and you will get at least a decent passing attack.

Give Tom Brady our WR corp of Wallace, Hartline and Gibson and they take the super Bowl.

I would agree with you that the QB is much more important than the WR, but after watching last season I think there is a minimum level of talent required at the WR position.

Sorry I would have rather had Boyce than Jenkins. I'm not unhappy with the Jenkins pick, but Boyce is a slot WR that probably would have gone in the 3rd had he not injured his foot.

still not sure why people are not getting this simple logic. We have 3 highly paid WRs. I'm going to type this slowly, we do not use FOUR WRs. However, we have had a serious problem covering TEs etc. so we draft maybe the best coverage LB in the draft and you are crying because we did not take a WR instead? Covering the TE is a "real" problem for this team, not having a 4th WR is a made up one.

Can this "whoever the WR is at the moment" be a gunner on kick offs and punts? Can he play special teams? Because if he is not a special teams star, and he cannot beat out Wallace, Hartline or Gibson, then what use is he? We only dress 4 WRs for a game, we can only dress 45 players for a game. I know Americans are not great at math but this is simple stuff.

I would agree with you that the QB is much more important than the WR, but after watching last season I think there is a minimum level of talent required at the WR position.

I agree, and anyone that can play one down in the NFL has those minimal skills. But what would a P Manning do with 3 minimum level WRs? He would get a good passing game out of them. Compare that (and the money spent) on putting WRs C Johnston, B Marshall and V Jackson with QB John Beck.

Which group do you see doing better?

I agree, and anyone that can play one down in the NFL has those minimal skills. But what would a P Manning do with 3 minimum level WRs? He would get a good passing game out of them. Compare that (and the money spent) on putting WRs C Johnston, B Marshall and V Jackson with QB John Beck.

Which group do you see doing better?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but are you suggesting Tannehill is not a talented QB? I was kind of gearing my response towards blaming the receivers for our lack of passing last season. Your examples are two extremes and i would of course say the Peyton scenario would do better, but just because a QB couldn't get it done with the same corps as Peyton wouldn't make a bad QB. There's a lot left to be proven by Tannehill, but i'd say he is talented irregardless of how he performed with that bad receiving corp.

Back
Top Bottom