Patriots beat Dolphins to punch for Josh Boyce | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots beat Dolphins to punch for Josh Boyce

(As a TCU alum,) I was really hoping we would pick Boyce up. He's one of those guys who is truly faster running with the ball. Great hands and pretty clutch too. Probably a little slower, but more consistent than Jeremy Kerley.

still not sure why people are not getting this simple logic. We have 3 highly paid WRs. I'm going to type this slowly, we do not use FOUR WRs. However, we have had a serious problem covering TEs etc. so we draft maybe the best coverage LB in the draft and you are crying because we did not take a WR instead? Covering the TE is a "real" problem for this team, not having a 4th WR is a made up one.

Can this "whoever the WR is at the moment" be a gunner on kick offs and punts? Can he play special teams? Because if he is not a special teams star, and he cannot beat out Wallace, Hartline or Gibson, then what use is he? We only dress 4 WRs for a game, we can only dress 45 players for a game. I know Americans are not great at math but this is simple stuff.

Way to over-react .... now let me t-y-p-e i-t o-u-t s-l-o-w-l-y for you. You have N-O I-D-E-A if Jenkins can cover or not, gunner or not, play special teams or not at this L-E-V-E-L or even make the 53 man roster or not, just like I have N-O I-D-E-A of Boyce or not. Last I checked I was free to post my opinion on this forum, just as you're free to O-V-E-R R-E-A-C-T. If you had proper reading comprehension you M-A-Y have noticed that I stated I am N-O-T unhappy with Jenkins, therefore your assertion that I'm C-R-Y-I-N-G is A-S-S-I-N-I-N-E. I simply hate the Pats with a passion and can't stand the fact that they took a player we E-V-I-D-E-N-T-L-Y wanted .... whether we play F-O-U-R WRs or not.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but are you suggesting Tannehill is not a talented QB? I was kind of gearing my response towards blaming the receivers for our lack of passing last season. Your examples are two extremes and i would of course say the Peyton scenario would do better, but just because a QB couldn't get it done with the same corps as Peyton wouldn't make a bad QB. There's a lot left to be proven by Tannehill, but i'd say he is talented irregardless of how he performed with that bad receiving corp.

Yes, but he was a rookie. And he is good but also very raw and did not start last season as our starter. This year hopefully will be a leap year for him. He is good but not great.

I think his new weapons are what he needs but also about all he can handle. He is not the master of the field yet like Brady, Rogers, Manning etc. He is not good enough to win with a pure passing attack. He is simply not that good, I do not think our coaching staff is that good. (by "that good" i mean Great).

Giving Tannehill and OUR offense a high drafted rookie WR is like is paying extra for tires that are rated for 200 MPH when you car can only do 120 MPH.

the pats are on there way out they will finish second to dolphins this year bill is worried

still not sure why people are not getting this simple logic. We have 3 highly paid WRs. I'm going to type this slowly, we do not use FOUR WRs. However, we have had a serious problem covering TEs etc. so we draft maybe the best coverage LB in the draft and you are crying because we did not take a WR instead? Covering the TE is a "real" problem for this team, not having a 4th WR is a made up one.

There is this little word which people forget about.

I....N...J...U...R....I....E....S

Some of us would like to see us be so deep at a critical position like WR that we don't have to hunt down letitgo no-no's who are pumping gas somewhere in October or November when we might have a playoff shot and a guy goes down.

The Packers always have FOUR legitimate top-flight WR's and 1 or 2 ALMOST at that level developing guys. And yes, some do sit on the bench at times.

We always scrape by at skill positions with about 3 "OK" guys, while stockpiling LB, DL, OL wholesale and wondering why we only score 16 pts. a game. Maybe now that we have a kicker we can manage 19 since Sturgis won't miss like carpenter does.

OMG,OMG, another great WR goes to the Patriots!

Questions:

Which team has a better passing attack? The Dolphins or the Patriots?

Which teams has better WRs? The Dolphins or the Patriots?

We clearly have the best WR corp (not counting TEs) yet they will have a better passing game. In fact, the patriots did not need the "magical' number one WR last season, they had a slot WR and two TEs.

The reason is so simple that some people can't get it. It is not about the WRs, it is about the QB. Put 3 All Pro WRs on a team with a crappy QB and you are going to get a poor passing game. Put a All Pro QB with 3 crappy WRs and you will get at least a decent passing attack.

Give Tom Brady our WR corp of Wallace, Hartline and Gibson and they take the super Bowl.

Summary.

1. It's not about WR's.
2. It's about QB's.
3. If Tom Brady had better WR's, he'd win the SB.

How does that make sense?

We can just sign him after he is released from the practice squad at some point. Boyce is just another mediocre guy trying to stick somewhere

I hate to say it, but it is nice to see we are targeting some of the same players the pats are.

This is supposed to be significant? He's still a project and the Pats' receiving corp is a major question mark as of now.

Not to mention since when have the Patriots been good at drafting as of late? Means nothing to me that they jumped us for him.

Josh Boyce would have been nice as another guy that could push Gibson for the 3rd receiver spot. Hopefully Matthews, Tyms or one of the other receivers surprises. We have all seen what Gibson can do and while he is about average I think you want more upside with your #3 receiver.

This is becoming a broken record after every draft.

2010: We would have had Jimmy Graham but the Saints beat us to it.
2012: We would have had T.Y. Hilton but the Colts beat us to it.
2013: We would have had Josh Boyce but the Patriots beat us to it.

If we rate these guys high enough to be drafted, draft them instead of offensive lineman or trade up.

At the same time, we didn't have the greatest lines all the time when Marino was our QB, and it was't so great. I remember one playoff game the Bills sacked Dan 3 times in a row for a three and out at the beginning of the game. I hope we get a good LT.

Back
Top Bottom