Patriots imploding? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots imploding?

Glaxocon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There has got to be some crazy concern within the organization about the locker room with Hernandez shooting his friend and possibly murdering someone. They cut him so they will have dead $ for these next two seasons. Gronk and his partying ways and he doesn't know how to not get injured. I know those two were still young but who did they learn from? And who are these rookies learning from? The Pats are developing true professionals let me tell ya. Their top tier players are messing up numerous times royally. They lose a huge leader in Wes Welker who Brady wanted to keep? Sounds like they even sideswiped him on the loss of Welker. Is Belicheat letting things get away from him? Beginning of the end? They will do alright because of Brady. But I honestly think they are getting more credit than is due this year now. They will struggle to win the division and struggle to make the playoffs. Especially with all the moves the Phins have made. I do think we need to mesh and fast with all the new faces but I see us doing well and challenging for the division. Thoughts?

The patriots have brushed off the WR position. They can't help Gronk getting injured and you can't help someone as stupid as Hernandez. They aren't imploding - this is at the very very worst a .500 team that will still be the favorites to win the division. That offense isn't nearly as scary as years past though...even with Brady there's a big drop off in the level of talent on that offense.

They won't implode as long as Brady and Belichick are still there.

They may not implode but Brady completed 400 passes last year. 300 of them were to Gronk, Welker, LLoyd and Hernandez. All of which will not be playing for them.

Im getting a good laugh at the Patriots expense when i think about their drafts.

Most of the talking heads praised them profusely for repeatedly trading back and loading up on draft picks. Now? They have a roster full of lower talented players. Sometimes its the right move to move back in the draft, but if you do it multiple times every year, eventually you have to pay the price for continuously acquiring lesser talent. All of that doesnt even take into account their history of busting on players after trading back.

Personally, barring some insane trade, i think this is the end of the road for the Brady era Patriots. Dude turns 36 this season. He simply doesnt have time for them to get their act together and draft weapons for him. Even though he makes everyone around him better, it still takes 2 years for wideouts to really develop. Assuming they dont trade for someone like Larry Fitzgerald during training camp, he'll be 38 by the time his young players develop enough to be consistent playmakers...also assuming the Pats actually draft talented receivers.

In todays NFL all you need is a quarterback to carry your team. We've seen it time and again. Even the Saints, going through multiple head coaching changes and a horrific defense, were able to squeeze out 7 wins last year. With Brady New England should be back in the playoffs. But they just arent up the par with other teams in the conference, and if Tannehill/Jordan develop, we get another offensive weapon, and our defensive backs gel, we could have a relatively easy road to division championships in coming years. Lord knows the Jets and Bills are stuck for the next 3 seasons after drafting quarterbacks destined to bust.

There has got to be some crazy concern within the organization about the locker room with Hernandez shooting his friend and possibly murdering someone. They cut him so they will have dead $ for these next two seasons. Gronk and his partying ways and he doesn't know how to not get injured. I know those two were still young but who did they learn from? And who are these rookies learning from? The Pats are developing true professionals let me tell ya. Their top tier players are messing up numerous times royally. They lose a huge leader in Wes Welker who Brady wanted to keep? Sounds like they even sideswiped him on the loss of Welker. Is Belicheat letting things get away from him? Beginning of the end? They will do alright because of Brady. But I honestly think they are getting more credit than is due this year now. They will struggle to win the division and struggle to make the playoffs. Especially with all the moves the Phins have made. I do think we need to mesh and fast with all the new faces but I see us doing well and challenging for the division. Thoughts?

good post newby :up:

Maybe the stars are aligning for a Fins division title and playoff run.
It's early but so far the chips seem to be falling in our favor (for a change)

still have guy wearing #12 up there... they ain't out til he's down/done… and we wouldn't want it any other way right? we wanna beat them when he's playing… it'll taste best like that

They're not an elite team anymore but it wouldn't surprise me if they 10-6'd their way to the playoffs. As much as it burns me to say it, their system is proven and I won't count them out until they're actually done. Too many times I've thought they were done only to prove me wrong.

Implosion will be complete when Brady twists his ankle, tripping on his d*** (and Giselle dumps him for Tim Tebow or kinky Bill Belichick)

still have guy wearing #12 up there... they ain't out til he's down/done… and we wouldn't want it any other way right? we wanna beat them when he's playing… it'll taste best like that

I'd love to see us beat them while Brady is still playing. However I remember that Steven Ross said that his plan for beating the Patriots is that "someday Brady will retire"...

sorry at this point, I'm not even sure I want to talk about the patriots imploding. I think it's pretty tasteless tbh to think about how the loss of a man's life affects a football teams eventual season. IMO it's too soon.

Injury occurs to someone like Amendola or one of the RB's then its pretty much a given that the offense will not be as potent as it once was, which means they will fight for their playoff lives because the defense gets way too much credit.

Back
Top Bottom