Patriots imploding? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots imploding?

I may be wrong but i think the OP was citing the over all state of the Pats including losing Welker and the Gonk stuff with Hernandez just being the latest example.

i think that's fair game as opposed to focusing on the tragedy of the murder investigation which would be morbid.

wow, hernandez hasn't even had time to pull the drugs out of his butt and you insensitive people are already potentially angering Tom "Kick Your Ass Forever" Brady with smack talk. couldn't you waited at least until tomorrow like any decent folks would?

When there is blood in the water, the sharks will come.

I think the Pats this year will be very similar to their 2009 team, before they drafted Gronk and Thugnandez. Remember how they seemed to be on the decline after getting blown out in the playoffs to the Ravens in the first round. It was the 2010 draft that kept them on top.

9 WINS MAX!!!! Brady is still a great QB......But who is going to catch the ball??? This division is ours if this offense can Gel between now and September.

The patriots have brushed off the WR position. They can't help Gronk getting injured and you can't help someone as stupid as Hernandez. They aren't imploding - this is at the very very worst a .500 team that will still be the favorites to win the division. That offense isn't nearly as scary as years past though...even with Brady there's a big drop off in the level of talent on that offense.

You can't help someone as stupid as Hernandez?? Uh SURE you can, you can refuse to draft him. There is a reason he fell as far as he did. That would be like picking Swoope with in the 3rd rd then saying, "well we can't help he has concussion issues". There were some GMs that refused to even list Arron Hernandez on their draft boards. The pats took a chance and it blew up in their face.

You can't help someone as stupid as Hernandez?? Uh SURE you can, you can refuse to draft him. There is a reason he fell as far as he did. That would be like picking Swoope with in the 3rd rd then saying, "well we can't help he has concussion issues". There were some GMs that refused to even list Arron Hernandez on their draft boards. The pats took a chance and it blew up in their face.

No argument there...the Pats thought they could mold him into something he wasn't - a decent human being.

Right now there's another teams scout telling the head coach.Coach I told you he was trouble,thank god we didn't take him.

Gronk will be back, may be by mid season, but he will be back. The only major lost is Hernandez. As for Welker, Brady will make whoever in that position into an effective wr. As long as Brady stays healthy, they will win AFC east.
The only hope is when we play them, our defense will hit them out for a few games. Not that I wish anyone to have permanent injury, just for a few games so we can compete for AFC east.

On the NFL Network an excellent Irving Fryar quote regarding Hernadez.
" This is what we're teaching younger players on making the right decision,but coaches need to make the right decision also."

Took a shot at the Patriots poor decision to take a questionable player and you know,he's 110% right.

Gronk will be back, may be by mid season, but he will be back. The only major lost is Hernandez. As for Welker, Brady will make whoever in that position into an effective wr. As long as Brady stays healthy, they will win AFC east.
The only hope is when we play them, our defense will hit them out for a few games. Not that I wish anyone to have permanent injury, just for a few games so we can compete for AFC east.

I'm sure Gronk will be back,but this back thing isn't good at all.This type of injury can linger and may shorten his career IMO.I'd be worried if I was a pats fan or a Gronk fan.

Imploding or not, the Patriots are still the team to beat in the AFC East. The division title is going to have to be earned, and its going to go through NE. They are the only team that will stand between us and the division title, and as long as Bellicheat and Brady are still there, that is how it will go. I doubt they go through the first half of the season with who they currently have at the skill positions, and I expect them to go out and add through trade at some point in time. Without dumb and dumber at TE though, they look A LOT more vulnerable. It wont be easy, but if our front seven has success against them, we could see quite the positive outcome this season.

There has got to be some crazy concern within the organization about the locker room with Hernandez shooting his friend and possibly murdering someone. They cut him so they will have dead $ for these next two seasons. Gronk and his partying ways and he doesn't know how to not get injured. I know those two were still young but who did they learn from? And who are these rookies learning from? The Pats are developing true professionals let me tell ya. Their top tier players are messing up numerous times royally. They lose a huge leader in Wes Welker who Brady wanted to keep? Sounds like they even sideswiped him on the loss of Welker. Is Belicheat letting things get away from him? Beginning of the end? They will do alright because of Brady. But I honestly think they are getting more credit than is due this year now. They will struggle to win the division and struggle to make the playoffs. Especially with all the moves the Phins have made. I do think we need to mesh and fast with all the new faces but I see us doing well and challenging for the division. Thoughts?

Well, given Hernandez is now gone, surely the lockerroom would be a better place without him? The playing field might not, but surely the team won't miss a murderer in their ranks?

Gronk's injury woes are possibly a bit overplayed. His multiple surgeries on the arm were more about a lingering infection, which is now gone, than any kind of issue which would hamper his performance. Yes, he has a back problem. I seriously doubt he is alone in that. We were wondering would Richard Marshall even pull on s shirt in OTAs and he's out there, scampering around. Who really knows how his back is right now? So Gronk will miss a few games but the surgery seems to have been pretty minor, compared to, say, Manning's. Peyton hasn't looked back from his much more serious procedure.

Amendola is looking good by all accounts. Edelman is a decent WR. So, by the time we get to play them, I'd be surprised if we weren't facing Ridley, Amendola, Edelman, Gronk (with ex-Giant Ballard or 6'7" Zach Sudfeld in 2 TE sets and maybe Dobson or Jenkins in 3 WR sets), when we play them in Oct. It's hardly car-crash stuff. They play the Jets twice and the Bills once in the Gronk-less stretch, which on paper should be 3 wins. Atlanta, TB (if they get pressure on Brady) NO and Cincy are four much tougher asks. You'd still expect 5-2 or 4-3 at worst out of that run.

They will miss Gronk for some games, they don't have the WR corps they used to. But Belichick (like Ireland) has never really valued WRs high in the draft and lately always makes do with one stud and a bunch of guys. Given their depth at RB, they might lean on the run a bit more in early games. Ridley, Vereen, Blount and Washington is pretty tasty, depth and flexibility wise.

I agree with the basic idea that they're slipping. I don't think they'll do better than 10-6. Brady is still a great but he's getting happy feet in the pocket - sees pass pressure that isn't even there sometimes. Their unbelievably crappy drafts over the last few years have totally eroded their depth. At the same time, Belichick's smartness in FA means they've rarely missed a beat when big players have been off the field. Amendola, Ballard, Talib, Adrian Wilson are all pretty canny acquisitions.

On gameday, there are few better than Belichick. I see the AFCE being the mountain it always is, in terms of getting past the Pats. Maybe not for too long more though.

I expect the Patriots to make a trade for a tight end. They have stockpiled draft picks and the future for them is really now. Even if they don't make a move, they should still be in the running to win the AFC East.

gronks issues may be a bit overplayed but i doubt he'll ever be 100 percent in 2013...edelman i believe is also dealing with a nagging injury...more likely the tcu kid who has pretty good polish they drafted breaks into the 3 deep wr sets and dobson gets implemented slowly as he needs a lot of work...

adrian wilson is underrated signing...he'll play sound football his range is an issue at this stage but the pats will get the most out of him...no doubt about it...ballard is slow as can be but i expect teams will concentrate on amendola first and foremost and so if you forget about him he'll make plays underneath and can sneak down the seam once in a while...

key to the pats this year other than brady considering their issues at te which are huge right now is to blast amendola as much as you can...lay the wood on him...he'll break down...

i don't think given the weapons they have out wide and at te right now that they can just spread you out and run out of single back sets cause the d won't respect the pass as much...i expect the offense to shift to more of a run based one unless some unknown wrs like dobson and the tcu kid really step it up in camp...

Back
Top Bottom