Patriots imploding? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots imploding?

I think we will play them solid. Tight games. We split with them at worst.
It is Miami's time to take over. Our defense can shut them down. They will not be scared of there O.
And we have weapons to score more points. I really feel some will be surprised at how we play against NE.
And the season as a whole. Lets go Miami.

They may not implode but Brady completed 400 passes last year. 300 of them were to Gronk, Welker, LLoyd and Hernandez. All of which will not be playing for them.

But that has much more to do with Brady's talent than the talent of the others mentioned. Brady has shown an ability to create chemistry. Had this happened once the season were underway, it would be a bigger issue. But as it sits now, Brady has the entire pre-season to develop chemistry with whatever guys are going to be catching passes from him this year.

Losing Wes Welker is gonna be a big one watch.. hernandez not so much. We taking over lades and gentleman.

I think the Pats this year will be very similar to their 2009 team, before they drafted Gronk and Thugnandez. Remember how they seemed to be on the decline after getting blown out in the playoffs to the Ravens in the first round. It was the 2010 draft that kept them on top.

What has also kept the Pats on top is a weak AFCE > they basically cake walk to the POs every year, they are mentally ready where the POs whereas other teams are emotionally drained scratching and clawing in the last 3 weeks -> and then they have a real advantage in the POs - where they have played some good ball

So I put a lot of the blame of the success of the Pats directly onto the Bills,Jests and Phins brass -> we have all SUCKED for 10 years and truthfully the Jests most recent success came from overloading their roster with high priced free agents - Well this isn't MLB!!!

Losing Wes Welker is gonna be a big one watch.. hernandez not so much. We taking over lades and gentleman.

Hernandez was the mismatch machine -> they are screwed

Welker was the underneath receiver -> he got crushed a number of times by LBrs - and stood tall -> bounced back -> Amendola can't carry his jock -> they are screwed

It makes me cringe when so many of my fellow Fins fans get happy at the thought of beating a crippled Patriots team. I fully understand wanting to catch some breaks in this division, but I am a lot more interested in seeing how Ryan Tannehill takes the next step. I don't care how old Brady is, and I don't want to hear how depleted that team has become. I want the Dolphins to thoroughly stomp a mudhole up there in New England this year on their way to showing the Patriots who the new king of the roost is.

All that said, I'm glad to know that it could be a little easier for the Dolphins this year. They need to gel and understand their parts on offense and defense for this team to be truly formidable. We may have an excellent shot at the playoffs this year, but do not make the mistake of believing this is Miami's best shot to take the AFCE. Seriously? This team is going to be even better next year when more of our players are entering their third and fourth seasons (think Ryan Tannehill with more experience). If Tannehill rounds the corner as a 2nd tier or even top tier QB, then I will want to see Tom Brady try to answer that. It'll make for one hell of a matchup that I wouldn't dare miss.

Things are cyclical. The Niners (dynasty started w/ B Walsh) fell and are just starting to rise again.

The Pats knew he had psychological issues and took a chance. When you play w/ fire, you eventually get burned.

I have always had the stance of "they have Brady, they are fine".

I think this will hurt their mindset, and I think they are slowing down, but they are still a threat.

We just need to make sure we handle our business vs the Patriots, which means beat them at home. The rest will take care of itself.

It makes me cringe when so many of my fellow Fins fans get happy at the thought of beating a crippled Patriots team. I fully understand wanting to catch some breaks in this division, but I am a lot more interested in seeing how Ryan Tannehill takes the next step. I don't care how old Brady is, and I don't want to hear how depleted that team has become. I want the Dolphins to thoroughly stomp a mudhole up there in New England this year on their way to showing the Patriots who the new king of the roost is.

All that said, I'm glad to know that it could be a little easier for the Dolphins this year. They need to gel and understand their parts on offense and defense for this team to be truly formidable. We may have an excellent shot at the playoffs this year, but do not make the mistake of believing this is Miami's best shot to take the AFCE. Seriously? This team is going to be even better next year when more of our players are entering their third and fourth seasons (think Ryan Tannehill with more experience). If Tannehill rounds the corner as a 2nd tier or even top tier QB, then I will want to see Tom Brady try to answer that. It'll make for one hell of a matchup that I wouldn't dare miss.

Excellent post......................... oh wow

Last edited by a moderator:
kev, I think you botched the highlighting. You missed the end of the first sentence. :)

I think one can have both sentiments without it being contradictory, and I even tried to write that in such a way as to relate with those I was criticizing. I like this Dolphins team enough to believe we can take the Patriots without all their losses. There's work that has to be done to get there, but our team has the talent that is has sorely lacked for so long.

For what it's worth, as much as I'd love to beat up a fully stocked Pats team, take it where you can get it. All we have to do is get to the playoffs, anything is possible after that. That's what we should be rooting for, no matter how we get it, short of cheating.

kev, I think you botched the highlighting. You missed the end of the first sentence. :)

I think one can have both sentiments without it being contradictory, and I even tried to write that in such a way as to relate with those I was criticizing. I like this Dolphins team enough to believe we can take the Patriots without all their losses. There's work that has to be done to get there, but our team has the talent that is has sorely lacked for so long.

We have caught up with them -> After this past draft we drew pretty close to even, IMHO we are neck and neck with them even before the fiasco of Hernandez

We have caught up with them -> After this past draft we drew pretty close to even, IMHO we are neck and neck with them even before the fiasco of Hernandez

Ι think we are almost there. I think the experience the youngsters will get, with another solid off-season, should get us past them next season.

Back
Top Bottom