Patriots imploding? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots imploding?

Only for me it's not a fantasy land. Our team went to the Superbowl 2 seasons ago, our team went to the AFC Championship last year, and this year we field a team better than them both.
Until proven otherwise, you're the only one living in fantasy land here.

So where is the team better? Please provide a list.

Also, keep coming here man. It REALLY is nice that we have a Pats fan willing to come on here and defend them. I know that sounds stupid. But the only other fan base we seem to attract is the ****ing Jets.

So where is the team better? Please provide a list.

Also, keep coming here man. It REALLY is nice that we have a Pats fan willing to come on here and defend them. I know that sounds stupid. But the only other fan base we seem to attract is the ****ing Jets.

Last year, without Talib, we were the #9 top defense in the league for points allowed, and #1 in turn overs with a mind blowing +25 turn over ratio. Talib completely transforms our secondary and we also got two new defensive backs, tall guys, good guys, forget their names but they appear to be really solid (don't remember every new players name yet, could google but lazy)

So we already had a top 10 defense last year in the stats that matter, and were #1 in getting the ball. +25 turn overs was leagues beyond anyone else in the NFL. Nobody was even close.

Now on top of that, we have our secondary problem solved. Chandler Jones is going to be a monster going into his second year, Hightower is going to be a monster going into his second year, and with all of our pass rushers beginning to come into their own, with Vince Wilfork collapsing every pocket he sees, our defense is finally back into championship form.

Amendola is an upgrade over Welker. We aren't going to miss him at all. The people who had nothing to talk about in the off season, so decided to talk about how we are finished because we lost Welker, are delusional.
The truth is, we were pretty sick of him coming up real small in big games. Welker is like the Peyton Manning of wide receivers; great regular seasons, invisible when it matters most. He also lead the league in drops, and a lot of those drops were in the clutch when we needed him most. Amendola is younger, faster, and can do more. We have a new 6'7 Gronk clone making waves in our training camp named Zac Sudfeld, we have Aaron Dobson who has a Randy Moss like college highlight reel, and just an all around awesome looking group of young receivers that are tall and fast and can finally stretch the field and make plays.

We have Tom Brady who looks sharper than ever.... again.

And our running backs look incredible. We might not have the best running back in the league, but we have the best RB squad in the league.
We had an awesome running game last season and now we have Blount on top of Ridley, Vareen and Bolden. Our rushing attack is going to be the terror of the league this year, which isn't fun for defenses when they can't play against it unless they want to be torched by Tom Brady.

Last season we were the 3rd highest scoring offense in the history of the NFL, and came only like 4 or so points shy of the 2010 Packers which is #2 (2007 Pats #1), setting the record for most 1st downs in league history (and some other stuff).
We did this without Hernandez the first half of the season, and without Gronk the second half of the season. Believe me, we aren't going to miss Welker, and come post season time, we're going to be glad he's gone.

Speaking of losing Hernandez, last year when we lost him to injury, we averaged 43 points a game in the games that he missed, and went 5-1, with the 1 loss coming from a replacement ref game that was so atrocious, Collinsworth was apologizing for it all through the 3rd and 4th quarter.

This is going to be the scariest Patriot team in recent memory. Probably the best since our 2004 team in all honest.

Be afraid.

[video=youtube;BMN2enXHP8c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMN2enXHP8c[/video]

[video=youtube;YCdFFFAxLz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCdFFFAxLz0[/video]

Only for me it's not a fantasy land. Our team went to the Superbowl 2 seasons ago, our team went to the AFC Championship last year, and this year we field a team better than them both.
Until proven otherwise, you're the only one living in fantasy land here.

It's all speculation that this years Patriots team will be better than last years. You lost Welker who was a big part of your offense. Saying that Amendola , a guy who has had issues staying healthy most of his career, is the answer is more speculation. He has to prove that he can stay healthy for an entire season and that he can be as good as Welker in that offense.

You may have had some success without Hernandez and Gronk last year but you will be without both of them for a good part of this season. Your team still has to prove that they can replace them both and still be as explosive. Also while Brandon Lloyd didn't have a great year in 2012 he is still more proven than any receiver currently on the Patriots roster. To say that any of those guys are going to step in and be just as good as him is also just speculation.

The Patriots were 25th in Total Defense last year and to me it doesn't look like they have really improved much personnel wise. That has to be proven on the field. Until then it's still even more speculation on your part.

You can keep living in the past all you want the fact is the Patriots lost more proven players on Offense then they gained and also haven't added many proven impact players to an already average Defense.

So in fact my friend you are living in a Fantasy land holding on to hope from past success while wishing in the wind that perpetual change doesn't catch up to your favorite team. Brady and Bellichick aren't getting any younger. Their time is running out, they haven't won the big one since 2005.The team they are fielding this season appears worse on paper than they did last. Good luck to you, the winds of change are in the air while the bells are tolling for the once great Patriots.

Eh, I am still not convinced. I mean, yeah, you got Amedola. But as stated everywhere, the guy has been beat up the last couple of years. And before that he was only a practice squad guy. How do you know he isn't a product of St. Louis' system? Doesn't mean he will fit in with the Patriots system. Chad Johnson sure didn't. And that was with Brady. Because the logic is, Brady can make a good receiver great.

Gronkowski is another one that, when healthy, is scary. But let's face it. Those injures are recent. And if he does like he has in the past and rushes the healing process, you guys could lose him for longer than a season if they aren't careful.

Sudfeld and Dobson. Rookies. Nothing is certain with rookies. You even seem to think so when you mention it by saying "just an all around awesome looking group of young receivers". The wording of that means that no one is standing out. And yes, with Brady throwing to them so someone is bound to be impressive.

The defense rank is skewed. Your total defense for last year rank number 25 (YPG). According to NFL.com. It's easy to make the defense, or any part of a team, sound good when you selectively pick the good stats. With the exception of two areas, Miami and New England were usually two to four ranks apart from each other in each individual defensive areas.

But the key factor to your team, has been and always will be, Brady. Make him nervous, and you have a shot. Now don't get me wrong. That is really hard to do. But I think we have a much better shot at doing it this year than in previous years.

But as everyone has said, we have to prove it by knocking you guys off. I personally believe this year is the best chance we have had since 08. And, while I know it is easy to do when you are Patriots fan, you should NEVER over look an opponent. When you do, and it ends in a loss, those are the hardest losses to swallow.

Giving up yards isn't what matters. A real defense is judged by points allowed and turn overs produced.

#9 in points allowed.

A far and away #1 in turn overs created.

The #25 is meaningless, and that was with the worst secondary in the league.

Welker was a choker. Nobody misses him. If we did, I'd admit it. Glad he's gone.

As ridiculous as it is to think they are imploding it is equally ridiculous to be calling the running attack the best in the NFL. As long as the Pats have Brady at QB it doesn't matter who the wideouts are. The Pats may not make it back to the Super Bowl but they are going to be serious contenders until Brady retires.

Well, let me rephrase that. I'm not glad he's gone. I don't care that he's gone.

Keep in mind that TOs are opportunity driven. When the Saints won the SB it wasn't because of a terrific defense. It's because they led the league in +- TOs. They haven't come close to replicating that. If your defense can create turnovers again, sure they are going to give an already powerful offense more opportunities, but that's a big if.

As for your secondary, it was garbage until they acquired Talib. The youngster that got into trouble made some good progress in the second half of the season. Let's see if he continues to grow and avoids any lengthy suspension.

We can agree to disagree. Just can't wait for the season to get started. You Patriots fans have had a lot to get excited about for many years now. Not so much for us Fin Fans. However this year we believe that our team has upgraded at quite a few positions. However our team will only go as far as our young QB, Ryan Tannehill, can take us. He should have a lot more help this year plus all the experience he gained from his rookie season.

We may not take the East this season but I believe our team will give the Patriots a run for their money. The Dolphins have a lot to prove and they need to start out by hammering the Browns week 1. Then they have to win a few games against some tough competition before we see your Patriots on October 27th.

I know that I am looking forward to what should be an exciting season.

I agree! So excited it's almost football again! Autumn weather (not that you would know anything about that) and football!
The Dolphins are intriguing this year. You should have an exciting season because at least this year you'll have hope (for WC), but you're not taking the division. Sorry!
Bills look ok too but it's hard to take them seriously.

And, of course, we all get to laugh at the super awful, just straight up embarrassing Jets.
4-12 incoming for Rey Ryan lol.
If the Bills can get 2 on them, the AFC East will sweep the Jets this year lol

Keep in mind that TOs are opportunity driven. When the Saints won the SB it wasn't because of a terrific defense. It's because they led the league in +- TOs. They haven't come close to replicating that. If your defense can create turnovers again, sure they are going to give an already powerful offense more opportunities, but that's a big if.

Great offenses tend to have defenses with high TO numbers though, so it is a somewhat chicken and egg argument. Get a lead while protecting the ball, and the other team has to press to play catchup. This has happened for the Pats, Saints, and Packers in recent years to varying degrees.

As ridiculous as it is to think they are imploding it is equally ridiculous to be calling the running attack the best in the NFL. As long as the Pats have Brady at QB it doesn't matter who the wideouts are. The Pats may not make it back to the Super Bowl but they are going to be serious contenders until Brady retires.

I think Kraft and Brady made a deal with the devil back around 2000. You see how everything went there way....the Tuck Rule game which put them in place to win their first SB, the three SB wins by a field goal or less. They have had a lot of luck to go along with their skilled players. Maybe the pendulum is swinging back the other way,,,,,it's karma for Spygate and other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom