Patriots imploding? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots imploding?

A cancer doesn't start in stage 4.... I begins with one cell that chooses not to die and affects every other one around it. The Hernandez cancer WILL affect the Pats this year in a couple of ways. First, this cancer has been brewing a while and already caused a distrust by vets according to Matt Light (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215095/article/matt-light-never-embraced-aaron-hernandez). If vets felt that way about him and this happened how do you think every other kid with a ? about his character will be treated in that locker room? It might not be conscious, but people will act differently.

What it also does is gives other teams swagger vs the Pats that wasn't there before. Before it was a focus to cover up Gronk, Welker, Hrnandez. Now Hernandez is gone and Gronk will prob be back in time for Amendola to get hurt. This swagger against them is something that the Pats have only seen in the playoffs from most teams and usually leads to them losing.

Are they imploding? No, but they are worse than 12 months ago. The cancer from Hernandez is going to be there a while and the personell decisions over the years have left the Pats open.

On a personal note, I can't really rejoice in Hernadez getting arrested for killing a person. Someone is dead because he is a thug. I am glad the Pats are weaker because they chose to draft someone with so many character concerns but hate how those character concerns came to fruition.

it isn't like every team is going to lay down and let us win the super bowl because fate has been cruel to the Pats. to consider what that team could've been or should've been is immaterial and thus fruitless. they show up with who they're able to show up with and that's who we need to defeat.

Hey, if Miller hangs on to the ball, he's not that bad.

All the reports show they're not missing a beat. Sure they don't have their top 5 targets from last year, but when has that ever mattered to BB/TB? They're still going to be tough as hell, and they've upgraded their defense as well.

All the reports show they're not missing a beat. Sure they don't have their top 5 targets from last year, but when has that ever mattered to BB/TB? They're still going to be tough as hell, and they've upgraded their defense as well.
Well for what its worth there have been some good reports out of their scrimmages on all their qb's and Sudfield is called baby Gronk. IN games I will buy a lot more but they have the best coach in the league in my opinion and he seems to get more out of guys than most coaches so we shall see

Well for what its worth there have been some good reports out of their scrimmages on all their qb's and Sudfield is called baby Gronk. IN games I will buy a lot more but they have the best coach in the league in my opinion and he seems to get more out of guys than most coaches so we shall see

Aye. Same here. They're just so perfect at the little 5 yd crap it's sickening...bound to keep that up at least.

Patriots imploding.....huh???

For those with short memories

"If you think this turbulent offseason portends a decline on the field for the New England Patriots … well, frankly, you need a history lesson. No team in the NFL, and maybe in the history of sport, has dealt better with controversy. Issues that would have caused other teams to curl up in a thumb-sucking fetal position have been followed by some of the Patriots’ greatest successes. The entire Bill Belichick-Tom Brady dynasty—three Super Bowl titles, two other Super Bowl appearances and nine seasons with at least 11 victories since 2001—was launched on controversy."

Teams should be scared, because this is where Bill thrives. It will be Spygate all over again.[/COLOR]

complete atricle by Greg Bedard can be found here http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/21/bill-belichick-aaron-hernandez/

While I agree that they are far from imploding, I do think they aren't as scary as years past. And I truly believe that if Miami can take the division from them, with a healthy Brady, Belichick will retire. It is most likely wishful thinking on my part, but I do truly believe it.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.

I truly believe that if Miami can take the division from them, with a healthy Brady, Belichick will retire.

And if I pitch a perfect game in the World Series, then Nike will give me a 500 million dollar endorsement contract.

This thread is a laughable joke. I'd expect it from Jets fans and ESPN fools.
Patriots will be back in the AFC Championship this year.

Wasn't the first off season wishful thinkers have predicted our demise. Won't be the last.
Now watch us win a Superbowl.

This thread is a laughable joke. I'd expect it from Jets fans and ESPN fools.
Patriots will be back in the AFC Championship this year.

Wasn't the first off season wishful thinkers have predicted our demise. Won't be the last.
Now watch us win a Superbowl.

Wishful thinking on your part. The Patriots have beaten the odds for a long time now. Mainly because they have a Great Coach and QB. However enjoy the success while it lasts because I'm sure you know it's not going to last forever.

The Dolphins have improved their team and IMHO so have the Bills. Many people are over looking the Bills because of their huge question mark at QB. However the Bills have assembled some good talent on defense and have a lot of young talent on offense. If they get some half way decent QB play this year they will surprise a lot of people.

The AFC east is not as weak as it used to be and IMHO the Patriots team will not be as strong as they have been. It's just the way things go. Patriots fans are going to just have to deal with it. Many of them will not be so used to their team not dominating like they have recently, especially the many Bandwagoners that they have picked up this past decade.

Wishful thinking on your part. The Patriots have beaten the odds for a long time now. Mainly because they have a Great Coach and QB. However enjoy the success while it lasts because I'm sure you know it's not going to last forever.

The Dolphins have improved their team and IMHO so have the Bills. Many people are over looking the Bills because of their huge question mark at QB. However the Bills have assembled some good talent on defense and have a lot of young talent on offense. If they get some half way decent QB play this year they will surprise a lot of people.

The AFC east is not as weak as it used to be and IMHO the Patriots team will not be as strong as they have been. It's just the way things go. Patriots fans are going to just have to deal with it. Many of them will not be so used to their team not dominating like they have recently, especially the many Bandwagoners that they have picked up this past decade.

Yeah, sure, it's not going to last forever. Rome didn't last forever.

My question is: Why is this thread here now, in the 2013 off season?

"Wishful thinking on your part?"
No, the AFC East is not as weak as it used to be, so you and the Bills can battle it out for a distant #2nd place.

As far as the Patriots are concerned, drastically improved defense, best quarterback in the NFL, great young group of receivers, great offensive line, and potentially the best running attack in the NFL.

So you go on pretending that this is your year. Meanwhile, we're going to finish 13-3 ~ 14-2 again, probably destroy a bunch of new offensive records again, and be back in the AFC Championship again, and your season will be over about the same time the post season begins.

You guys, Jets fans, Bills fans, ESPN fools, have been saying our time is up since about 2009.

Still waiting.

Yeah, sure, it's not going to last forever. Rome didn't last forever.

My question is: Why is this thread here now, in the 2013 off season?

"Wishful thinking on your part?"
No, the AFC East is not as weak as it used to be, so you and the Bills can battle it out for a distant #2nd place.

As far as the Patriots are concerned, drastically improved defense, best quarterback in the NFL, great young group of receivers, great offensive line, and potentially the best running attack in the NFL.

So you go on pretending that this is your year. Meanwhile, we're going to finish 13-3 ~ 14-2 again, probably destroy a bunch of new offensive records again, and be back in the AFC Championship again, and your season will be over about the same time the post season begins.

You guys, Jets fans, Bills fans, ESPN fools, have been saying our time is up since about 2009.

Still waiting.

"Best QB in the NFL". Yes, while that's debatable, Brady is still in the top 5.

"Drastically Improved defense"
That is yet to be seen. If we are going by how they looked against the Eagles, they are not looking vastly improved but of course that's only a few series in the first preseason game. Like I said though I will believe it when I see it. In my opinion New England's defense will be average at best this year. I foresee a lot of shootouts for you guys.

"great young group of receivers"
While they may be young they haven't proven to be great yet. Brady will make them look better than they actually may be, but again I will believe they are "great" when I see it.

"great offensive line, and potentially the best running attack in the NFL"
No question their offensive line has been very good and their running game was great last year until they faced a strong Defense in the AFC Title game then they looked below average.

I will keep this post in mind and we will see who is right in January. I don't see the Patriots winning 13 games this year. Playing in an improved division, with ,until proven otherwise, a weaker set of skill position players on offense, and what IMHO is still a very average Defense, I see them winning 10 or 11 games at best.

Until then we can both keep living in our own "fantasy lands"

It simply amazing how much everyone knows from watching 1 preseason game! Amazing I tell ya.

"Best QB in the NFL". Yes, while that's debatable, Brady is still in the top 5.

"Drastically Improved defense"
That is yet to be seen. If we are going by how they looked against the Eagles, they are not looking vastly improved but of course that's only a few series in the first preseason game. Like I said though I will believe it when I see it. In my opinion New England's defense will be average at best this year. I foresee a lot of shootouts for you guys.

"great young group of receivers"
While they may be young they haven't proven to be great yet. Brady will make them look better than they actually may be, but again I will believe they are "great" when I see it.

"great offensive line, and potentially the best running attack in the NFL"
No question their offensive line has been very good and their running game was great last year until they faced a strong Defense in the AFC Title game then they looked below average.

I will keep this post in mind and we will see who is right in January. I don't see the Patriots winning 13 games this year. Playing in an improved division, with ,until proven otherwise, a weaker set of skill position players on offense, and what IMHO is still a very average Defense, I see them winning 10 or 11 games at best.

Until then we can both keep living in our own "fantasy lands"

Only for me it's not a fantasy land. Our team went to the Superbowl 2 seasons ago, our team went to the AFC Championship last year, and this year we field a team better than them both.
Until proven otherwise, you're the only one living in fantasy land here.

Back
Top Bottom