"Patriots run at perfection two years ago renders the '72 Dolphins less relevant" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Patriots run at perfection two years ago renders the '72 Dolphins less relevant"

PatriotsShirt-1.jpg

This is why I wouldnt mind the Colts and Saints to finish the regular season undefeated.

To lessen the imperfect "accomplishment" the patriots are so proud of.

To go a step further, I'd love to see the Fins take down the Colts in the playoffs and beat the Saints in the SB :)

Now THAT would be perfect:)

So according to this d1ckweed going undefeated in the regular season holds more weight than a championship. I'd be very happy with 10 and 6 with a ring than 16 and 0 without one.

I'm sick of this bull**** like our name will be erased from the record books if another team finishes undefeated. We're still going to be there. We were still the first to do it. It doesn't make our undefeated season any less relevant. It just makes the opponents season that much more relevant

This is one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time and we really find some dumb stuff sometimes:rolleyes2:

There were perfect regular seasons before the Dolphins too in the 30s and 40s, Bears and Giants I believe. The Patriots fail made it that much more relevant. If the Saints and/or Colts go the regular season unbeaten get ready for tons of Mercury and the Gang, the Greatest team in NFL history:)
i agree that the '72 fins are the greatest team in history, however i believe the decided lack of commentary by the mouths of '72 is due to the fact that the saints look so dominant... who can stop them in this league now? there is a lack of greatness in the league these days, so when a team is as impressive as the saints are, you have to take notice... there isn't another team in the NFC that is remotely close to their level

i can't believe that someone actually could be that deluded... the '85 bears and the '07 patsies had the same record 18-1... the difference is that the bears have a championship to show for it... and the difference between those two teams and the '72 fins is the 1 in their record... on a personal note, i just found out that one of the trainers at work is a fin fan... he saw my dolphins jersey and walked up just to say "the pats should all die"... that made my day

Less Relevant????? Sorry, there is still only one team in Perfectville:

The 1972 Dolphins.

I got a nice e-mail from Mercury Morris a couple years back after I congratulated him for his charity work and still being part of the only undefeated team.

the patsies made excuses for their super bowl loss... the '72 fins didn't need to... by the way has anyone noticed the preemptive excuse the patsies have come up with for the inevitable loss of the division crown (after espn and nfln gave it to them before the season began)... brady is hurt boo hoo hahahaha!!!

85 Bears > 07 Patriots

both have 1 loss, but the Bears ended as Champions, with only loss is in the regular season.

I love it! 35 seconds away from perfection! What an ***!! THEY COULDN'T SEAL THE DEAL!!!! OUR DOLPHINS DID................ WITH A BACKUP QB!!! Look what happened the next year when the mighty (almost perfect) Patriots lost their starting QB. Dolphins just kept on rolling. The Pats didn't even make the playoffs!

This is why I wouldnt mind the Colts and Saints to finish the regular season undefeated.

To lessen the imperfect "accomplishment" the patriots are so proud of.

To go a step further, I'd love to see the Fins take down the Colts in the playoffs and beat the Saints in the SB :)

Now THAT would be perfect:)
WOW! That's awesome!!!:thumbup:

You know, its funny. The 1972 Fins went Undefeated and WON the Championship with the backup QB playing much of the season. If going undefeated is so easy and trivial, why has only 1 team accomplished it?
This is a record up there with Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak, or Wilt Chamberlain's 100 pt game. It should not be trivialized.
It saddens me the pure lack of respect the 72 team gets and the ridiculous nonsense that gets written about them. Long live the Undefeated Season and the 1972 Dolphins!

Some clown who writes for "Yahoo" sports?Who cares what anyone who writes for "Yahoo" has to say. I hope those Yahoos aren't actually paying that d-bag to write such garbage.

Back
Top Bottom