Patriots thinking clear cut favorite to win East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots thinking clear cut favorite to win East

That is the most ridiculous article I have ever read. It says Daunte Culpepper won't be ready until AT LEAST November. It also says we took a hit losing TeBucky Jones? That is a homer articly obviously because they think Jones was a hit simply due to the fact that he signed with New England. What a joke.

I can't wait to see the look on Pats fans faces next year when we win the division.

Seriously. That's not a "rah-rah" statement.

The Dolphins are going to win the division.

The Patsies took a huge hit in free agency with the loss of McGuinest and Vinatieri, still a good team but I don't see them wining more than 10 games.

we can win the east. but we need last years momentum to carry over. we need last years rookie class to step up even more. especially roth and wright. we need this years class pick up and solidify there positions. especially jason allen and hagen. protect daunte once he gets back. and when we do play the pats give ronnie 30 plus carries, to punish them. we can win it. but these things have to happen.

movalli said:
:snooze: I hope the pats are in for a huge wake up call. Talk about a ****y article...
www.patriotsinsider.com:sidelol:

That was only a blog from a over enthusiastic fan. This is what we really think.

Now we get to the team most people think will challenge the Patriots for AFC East supremacy: the Miami Dolphins. First let me say that I think Saban is an excellent coach. He took over the wasteland left by Dave Wannstedt and won nine games during his first season after beginning the year 3-7. A lot of New England fans like to point to the Dolphins weak schedule late in the year but the same thing can be said about the Patriots. The bottom line is the Dolphins were a much-improved team as the season went on last year and Saban deserves a lot of credit for the effort Miami showed on the field every week.
Having said that, I still think the Dolphins are a year away from really pushing the Patriots in the AFC East. Sure, they went out and signed Daunte Culpepper and while that looks good on paper, I see two major problems with the signing.
First – and I don’t care what anyone says – Culpepper isn’t going to play during the first month of the season. That means the Dolphins will have to face their difficult early season schedule with Joey Harrington behind center. Have fun with that.
The other thing that bothers me about the Culpepper signing is I believe the team really wanted Drew Brees instead and ended up settling for Culpepper. There’s no question the former Vikings quarterback is talented but it’s hard to just discard his less than impressive career numbers when he’s not playing with Randy Moss. Culpepper is a definite upgrade over Gus Frerotte and he makes the Dolphins offense more dangerous but unfortunately for Miami fans, I don’t think they’ll get to see the full extent of his impact until 2007.
Saban is doing a good job of rebuilding the Dolphins but much like Bill Parcells in Dallas, I think his first season was a bit of a fluke just because he was able to outcoach some people. Look for Miami to possibly take a step back this year before they really challenge New England next season. Make no mistake about it, the Dolphins are going to be a thorn in the Patriots side, it just won’t be this year.

the tebucky jones comment alone proves how stupid that article was. He didn't even play half the season (including the six game winning streak)

The article was written by a female Pats fan, thats a double loss of credibility right there...

No offense to the fellow fin females :)

The Myth said:
Having said that, I still think the Dolphins are a year away from really pushing the Patriots in the AFC East. Sure, they went out and signed Daunte Culpepper and while that looks good on paper, I see two major problems with the signing.
First – and I don’t care what anyone says – Culpepper isn’t going to play during the first month of the season. That means the Dolphins will have to face their difficult early season schedule with Joey Harrington behind center. Have fun with that.
The other thing that bothers me about the Culpepper signing is I believe the team really wanted Drew Brees instead and ended up settling for Culpepper. There’s no question the former Vikings quarterback is talented but it’s hard to just discard his less than impressive career numbers when he’s not playing with Randy Moss. Culpepper is a definite upgrade over Gus Frerotte and he makes the Dolphins offense more dangerous but unfortunately for Miami fans, I don’t think they’ll get to see the full extent of his impact until 2007.

-How can you say there is no way Culpepper will be ready? Are you his doctor? The latest update has him being ready to go by training camp.

-How are they a year away from contending? If that is the case, then so are the Partiots. These taems were seperated by 1 game last year and don't tell me that gaining Culpepper, Beasly, Shelton, Allen and others isn't worth at least 1 more win. And don't tell me losing Vinatieri, McGinnest and Givens isn't worth at least 1 loss.

-If Saban would have wanted Brees, he would've gotten him. Brees wanted 10 million guarenteed but had the same surgery as Chad Pennington. There is no certainty that he will ever throw the ball the same again. We got the guy we wanted.

-In 2004 when Randy Moss was injured for half of the season, Culpepper had his best year throwing 39 TDs with only 11 INTs. Don't even use that Moss argument because it's BS and you know it.

Did anyone really think that they would write an article on a Pats website saying the Dolphins are going to win the East? What did you expect?

Back
Top Bottom