Patriots thinking clear cut favorite to win East | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots thinking clear cut favorite to win East

:sidelol:

this has to be the biggest bs article ive ever read......talk about living in the past...
i mean it was writtin by "Patriots Chic".....im sure shes a very creditable source...

:sidelol:

Love this quote:

It is doubtful the Dolphins will pose a threat to the Patriots grasp of the division title this season.

The 'Phins posed a threat last year with 2nd-stringers leading the charge. No chance we can do better with a proven Pro Bowler at the helm...:goof:

Face it. Until the Dolphins prove they are back most people are going to back the Patriots are the favorite. And the Culpepper question - he still has to prove himself as well. Every one the go on wishful thinking or deal with reality.

Don't get me wrong about Culpepper - I hope he's everything everyone wants him to be. But the proof will be when and how he plays. So any remarks are merely speculation.

Buckle up and let's see where we go.

so many years with consecutive division titles has driven many of the patriot fans to dellusion with good reason, they have earned it but they feel as if they are unbeatable which they will see this season is not true...the patriots have not felt this much pressure for the division in a while and especially how close we finished to them last year they are starting to talk a little to ease off the pain, they know that we are going to be a hard team next year and for the last past seasons when they have had their reign on the nfl they have always had trouble with us so just imagine how nervous they are starting to feel with all our new additions....we will win the east if we play good because currently our roster is better than theirs and once nick wins some super bowls it will be bill who? GO FINS!!

The writer made some awful assumptions in that article. Especially about the Pepper.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Ya one one more game than us, which we should have won in my honest opinion. The east is ours this year not next year. And I love the fact how all the skeptics keep finfings ways to make the DC acquisition questionable. Besides Brady and Peyton, Daunte is the best QB in the entire league. And I got facts to back that up!!

I know the Fins "beat" the pats in December. At least thats what the record books will show. We both know the Pats would have crushed them in the game had meant anything to the Pats. Instead, they treated it as a bye week going ino the playoffs.

As it was, a rookie who hadn't even started in college was a 2pt conversion from tying the game....of course BB and the rest of the squad would have killed him if he made the completion, lol!

The article was childish and uninformed. Fins will be good this year. Just not enough to overtake the Pats.

Losing AV was a blow, but he just isn't the kicker he once was. Could it mean a difference of one game? I doubt it. The offensive talent they now have is the best they've ever had. Adding in Maroney, Jackson, Thomas and Mills will make this the most varied O in the game. Can't wait to see it in action - Brach wide, Graham, Watson & Thomas as the 3 TE's, with Maroney coming out of the backfield.

Losing Willie will hurt, but not a ton. He obviously lost a step or more last year. His presence is the biggest loss, but the Pats have so many leaders on the d side that he won't be missed in that regard. He's more valuable to Crennel and the Browns than he is to the Pats, as a lockeroom leader and a teacher of the 3-4 scheme.

As a local reported stated recently, "how often do you see the best coach in the game aside the best QB in the game? It doesn't happen often. Walsh & Montana and Shula & Marino are the ones that come to mind. It's a hard combo to beat. THe Pats are entering their 7th year in the sames scheme on both sides of the ball. Thats a huge benefit that few teams enjoy. Is it a coincidence that the teams that have that same continuity (Steelers, Colts, Eagles), constantly win more than they lose?

Culpepper & Saban? The jury is out on that pair. Culpepper has to prove he can begin to read the defenses of the AFC East. He better hope the OL can give hin lots of time, since Saban is unlikely to allow him to run very often, especially early in the season. Saban might as well be in his 10th year as a HC. Thats how much I respect him. I was hoping he ended up anywhere but the east. :(

Tailgater said:
I know the Fins "beat" the pats in December. At least thats what the record books will show. We both know the Pats would have crushed them in the game had meant anything to the Pats. Instead, they treated it as a bye week going ino the playoffs.

As it was, a rookie who hadn't even started in college was a 2pt conversion from tying the game....of course BB and the rest of the squad would have killed him if he made the completion, lol!

The article was childish and uninformed. Fins will be good this year. Just not enough to overtake the Pats.

Losing AV was a blow, but he just isn't the kicker he once was. Could it mean a difference of one game? I doubt it. The offensive talent they now have is the best they've ever had. Adding in Maroney, Jackson, Thomas and Mills will make this the most varied O in the game. Can't wait to see it in action - Brach wide, Graham, Watson & Thomas as the 3 TE's, with Maroney coming out of the backfield.

Losing Willie will hurt, but not a ton. He obviously lost a step or more last year. His presence is the biggest loss, but the Pats have so many leaders on the d side that he won't be missed in that regard. He's more valuable to Crennel and the Browns than he is to the Pats, as a lockeroom leader and a teacher of the 3-4 scheme.

As a local reported stated recently, "how often do you see the best coach in the game aside the best QB in the game? It doesn't happen often. Walsh & Montana and Shula & Marino are the ones that come to mind. It's a hard combo to beat. THe Pats are entering their 7th year in the sames scheme on both sides of the ball. Thats a huge benefit that few teams enjoy. Is it a coincidence that the teams that have that same continuity (Steelers, Colts, Eagles), constantly win more than they lose?

Culpepper & Saban? The jury is out on that pair. Culpepper has to prove he can begin to read the defenses of the AFC East. He better hope the OL can give hin lots of time, since Saban is unlikely to allow him to run very often, especially early in the season. Saban might as well be in his 10th year as a HC. Thats how much I respect him. I was hoping he ended up anywhere but the east. :(

you say that in the 04 season that that game had no importance? the patriots were fighting for homefield advantage against the steelers who ended up finishing one game ahead of the patriots with homefield advantage, and even though the pats won at pittsburg it was still something they wanted because of their early lost to pittsburg in the regular season....and for the last game of the regular season all of the patriots starters played the first quater which was a miami 7-0 lead throughout most of the quater until a late td with a few seconds left and the dolphins also managed to pick off brady, and earlier on this season the dolphins pats game came down to the wire so you cant just assume the pats would of won that game if they really cared because miami looked like the better team earlier on in both of the games they played last year and if it wernt for stupid losses to atlanta, the bills, and the pats in the first game we would of been looking at a new division winner, but i know the pats won it fair and square so we are going to have to do our part next year

AFC East battle will be between NE and MIA. Enough said.

After the draft each team had its needs and most of them got a good piece of talent. But the only teams who can compete are the Patriots and Dolphins. We had one of the best comebacks ever against the Bills last season, we beat the Jets and Patriots once, and that was without an elite QB chucking the ball!
:sidelol: With the schedule we got, opening against Pittsburgh and closing with Indy, the NFL knows that we are the team to watch for.Playoffs, here we come!
:survivor::mdfin:

Pat Fans Are In For A Rude Awaking This Year. You Can't Just Win Because Of The Logo On Your Helmet.

What this person fails to see is that the Patriots have gotten weaker while the dolphins have gotten stronger. They can say what they want about the Culpepper, but what is going to happen to the Patriots when Brady gets knocked out of the game? We have a backup they don't. What they need to be worried about is how good our defense is going to be, because they are going to be relentless going after Brady.

dolfinosteel said:
What this person fails to see is that the Patriots have gotten weaker while the dolphins have gotten stronger. They can say what they want about the Culpepper, but what is going to happen to the Patriots when Brady gets knocked out of the game? We have a backup they don't. What they need to be worried about is how good our defense is going to be, because they are going to be relentless going after Brady.

The Pats backup, in literally his first extended action since HIGH SCHOOL, did pretty darned good against the Fins last December. I'd expect an even better performance this year, with a season under his belt.

I love seeing all these comments about how the Pats are weaker. Thats all it is - talk. It's like me saying the Fins are screwed because Seau and madison are gone.

Where are the Fins stronger that the Pats? 2 positions max:

Fins vs. Pats
RB >>>
WR >>>
OL <<<
DL <<<
TE <<<
QB <<<
Secondary even (unless Pats sign Law, then <<<
ST even
Coaches <<<

The Pats aren't a clear cut to win the East. If Culpepper can stay healthy and play in about 13 games and our secondary gets comfortable and produce, then we will be a threat to the Pats for the East and have a good chance getting it from them this season.

Tailgater said:
The Pats backup, in literally his first extended action since HIGH SCHOOL, did pretty darned good against the Fins last December. I'd expect an even better performance this year, with a season under his belt.

I love seeing all these comments about how the Pats are weaker. Thats all it is - talk. It's like me saying the Fins are screwed because Seau and madison are gone.

Where are the Fins stronger that the Pats? 2 positions max:

Fins vs. Pats
RB >>>
WR >>>
OL <<<
DL <<<
TE <<<
QB <<<
Secondary even (unless Pats sign Law, then <<<
ST even
Coaches <<<

we probably wont come to an agreement on this but ill shoot anywayz. How do you figure your clearly better at WR,DL,TE?

Chris Chambers is the best reciever out of both our teams and we have great depth in Booker,Hagan,Welker,Campbell,Gibson, and Aroushmadah(sp?).

Our DL is stacked. Taylor is the best DL out of both our teams and Kevin Carter and Traylor are very good. Holliday played very well last year.

You have good depth but you gotta put McMike as the best TE.

Back
Top Bottom