Pats 2011 Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats 2011 Draft

VaPhinatic2

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I heard on Mike & Mike this morning that the Pats have 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths in the 2011 draft. Unbelievable! With so many draft picks, will they make a play for Vincent Jackson?

Looks like they might make a play for him..

They have alot of fire power and the Pats are going to be good for years to come

If there's a strike in 2011 then the value of those draft picks diminishes heavily.

In the draft, teams generally ding a guy's value pretty significantly if the first time he'll suit up for you would be the first time he's suited up in like 20 months, because he had a year layoff for whatever reason. A 1st round prospect becomes a 2nd round prospect, a 2nd becomes a 3rd, etc. Gronkowski is a good example of a guy that probably would have gone 1st round if he'd played any football in 2009.

So while it's a boon for the Pats to have so many draft picks in this draft, they'd better hope there's no strike in 2011.

Man I hate the other teams in our division. I want to move to a division where every other team blows. Our division is TOUGH!

"In addition to their own picks, the Patriots now have Oakland's first pick next year, Carolina's second-round pick, Minnesota's third-round pick and Denver's fourth-round pick."

Apparently a strike is the ONLY thing that's going to stop these teams from trading all these ****ing draft picks to the Patriots constantly...

It's been beyond ridiculous for years... and they just keep doing it.

Apparently a strike is the ONLY thing that's going to stop these teams from trading all these ****ing draft picks to the Patriots constantly...

It's been beyond ridiculous for years... and they just keep doing it.

Yup your exactly right..for some reason the Pats are always able to get top value for their players and trade peanuts to aquire other players with talent...

Ie Randy Moss..Corey Dillon

Only once have the Pats overpaid in the recent future and that was a 3rd and 5th for Derrick Burgess who did nothing for them than retired..

Vincent Jackson? Who cares. I'm more fearful of the fact that they can reload around Tom Brady (who is in his prime) and use the picks on solid players to help them for many years to come.

If there's a strike in 2011 then the value of those draft picks diminishes heavily.

In the draft, teams generally ding a guy's value pretty significantly if the first time he'll suit up for you would be the first time he's suited up in like 20 months, because he had a year layoff for whatever reason. A 1st round prospect becomes a 2nd round prospect, a 2nd becomes a 3rd, etc. Gronkowski is a good example of a guy that probably would have gone 1st round if he'd played any football in 2009.

So while it's a boon for the Pats to have so many draft picks in this draft, they'd better hope there's no strike in 2011.

Will the contract run out before the Draft? If so will there be NO DRAFT?

If there is No Draft, how will that work?? Do they just go on to the 2012 Draft??? ... or would they have a LATE 2011 Draft ... then a2012 Draft

Could the 2011 Draft disappear by having only 1 draft in 2012?? ... doesn't seem fair to the folks who accumulated picks.

When's the last time the Pats have hit on a draft pick? You're giving the Pats FO too much credit. They have been in decline since 2007, and believe it or not are rebuilding just like us. Their defense is horrid. Their WR corps just lost their number 1 AND 2. (That's right, Moss demands double coverage so I count him as two WR's) and unless they get VJ their passing game is done. They have no running game. The Pats haven't hit on a draft pick in years. Albeit the jury is still out on some, but most don't look like they'll be anything special.

And to say that Brady is in his prime...LMFAO! Without Moss, Brady is average. Wait and see...

When's the last time the Pats have hit on a draft pick? You're giving the Pats FO too much credit. They have been in decline since 2007, and believe it or not are rebuilding just like us. Their defense is horrid. Their WR corps just lost their number 1 AND 2. (That's right, Moss demands double coverage so I count him as two WR's) and unless they get VJ their passing game is done. They have no running game. The Pats haven't hit on a draft pick in years. Albeit the jury is still out on some, but most don't look like they'll be anything specia

And to say that Brady is in his prime...LMFAO! Without Moss, Brady is average. Wait and see...

Unbelievable....:lol: Could you be in any more denial? You must still be dizzy from that 41-14 blitzkrieg the Patriots just ran over Miami with...

Julian Edelman... Aaron Hernandez... Brandon Tate... Sebastian Vollmer....Jerod Mayo.... etc.. etc..

Did you happen to pay ANY attention whatsoever to Patrick Chung Monday night?

Hell, they don't even have to hit on picks when they can beat you with Danny ****ing Woodhead....

The fact that they keep accumulating the ammo gives them more chances to hit on picks and keep loading their roster...

I'm convinced.... some of you are suffering from Parcellsitis... I've seen it before..

Unbelievable....:lol: Could you be in any more denial? You must still be dizzy from that 41-14 blitzkrieg the Patriots just ran over Miami with...

Julian Edelman... Aaron Hernandez... Brandon Tate... Sebastian Vollmer....Jerod Mayo.... etc.. etc..

Hell, they don't even have to hit on picks when they can beat you with Danny ****ing Woodhead....

The fact that they keep accumulating the ammo gives them more chances to hit on picks and keep loading their roster...

I'm conviced.... some of you are suffering from Parcellsitis... I've seen it before..

Hernandez and Gronkowski are threats and only look to get better. Mayo is also a good player. Vollmer looked good his rookie year but has regressed this year IMO. But just because we were humiliated on Monday doesn't mean that the balance of the Patriots' roster is very good. We were just awful.

Patrick Chung played a great game on special teams, but he's still the guy who let the Bills complete a hole shot against him in cover 2 last week. Ron Brace has been just a guy. Spikes is over aggressive against the run and has no speed. Whatever they did against us, Banta Cain and Ninkovich are mediocre at best. Wilfork isn't the guy he was a few years ago. Teams have been able to single block him at times this season. And, of course, their situation at corner is an abomination, outside of McCourty's potential.

We shouldn't convince ourselves that just because they kicked our ***** on special teams that the Patriots are some kind of a great team. That's the wrong lesson to take from that game.

But the truth is I agree that their strategy is the right one, and their bounty on draft day is the envy of every team in the league. The only thing that can bring them down is the lockout. Every junior or redshirt sophomore -- the guys who really made up the elite talent every year -- will sit on his hands and play another year rather than go pro under those circumstances.

On the prospective talent alone next year's draft could be one of the best in the last 10 years, at least at the skill positions. But if those guys don't come out it could be one of the worst, at least since 2005.

Hernandez and Gronkowski are threats and only look to get better. Mayo is also a good player. Vollmer looked good his rookie year but has regressed this year IMO. But just because we were humiliated on Monday doesn't mean the Patriots' players are very good. We were just awful.

Patrick Chung played a great game on special teams, but he's still the guy who let the Bills complete a hole shot against him in cover 2 last week. But Ron Brace has been just a guy. Spikes is over aggressive against the run and has no speed. Whatever they did against us, Banta Cain and Ninkovich are mediocre at best. Wilfork isn't the guy he was a few years ago. Teams have been able to single block him at times this season. And, of course, their situation at corner is an abomination, outside of McCourty's potential.

We shouldn't convince ourselves that just because they kicked our ***** on special teams that the Patriots are some kind of a great team. That's the wrong lesson to take from that game.

Perfect example of the Parcellsitis I'm referring to... thank you Magoo.

When's the last time the Pats have hit on a draft pick? You're giving the Pats FO too much credit. They have been in decline since 2007, and believe it or not are rebuilding just like us. Their defense is horrid. Their WR corps just lost their number 1 AND 2. (That's right, Moss demands double coverage so I count him as two WR's) and unless they get VJ their passing game is done. They have no running game. The Pats haven't hit on a draft pick in years. Albeit the jury is still out on some, but most don't look like they'll be anything specia

And to say that Brady is in his prime...LMFAO! Without Moss, When's the last time the Pats have hit on a draft pick? You're giving the Pats FO too much credit. They have been in decline since 2007, and believe it or not are rebuilding just like us. Their defense is horrid. Their WR corps just lost their number 1 AND 2. (That's right, Moss demands double coverage so I count him as two WR's) and unless they get VJ their passing game is done. They have no running game. The Pats haven't hit on a draft pick in years. Albeit the jury is still out on some, but most don't look like they'll be anything special

And to say that Brady is in his prime...LMFAO! Without Moss, Brady is average. Wait and see....

Couldn't have written a better response. Totally in denial. Patrick Chung is one of their recent draft picks.....he had a pretty good game against us if you don't remember. Brandon Tate = Return TD. I know our special teams was abysmal, but these guys made plays.And what did Brady do before he had Moss?? He just won super bowls. I hate the Pats just as much as every Fins fan, and I hate to say it, but none of us can deny their success.

Perfect example of the Parcellsitis I'm referring to... thank you Magoo.

So you honestly believe the Patriots are stocked with elite talent? Because all I'm saying is that we were worse, not that they are good. How that has anything to do with Parcells is beyond me. My thoughts on his ability to scout talent are on record and not particularly flattering.

Back
Top Bottom