Pats 2011 Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats 2011 Draft

the pats have had some pretty average drafts of late...but the way our drafts of late are shaking out with most of these high picks so have we

the patriots though just keep reloading ammo and building the right way...just be glad they don't have ted thompson or ozzie newsome running their drafts...cause then we'd be royally screwed forever

oh and tom brady just "average" minus randy moss??? lol...you gotta be kidding me

oh and if anyone takes my updated sig as me trying to prove an agenda that's not the case at all...the players i've listed there and the wildcat just royally suck

and i count the days til we replace them...

oh and if anyone takes my updated sig as me trying to prove an agenda that's not the case at all...the players i've listed there and the wildcat just royally suck

and i count the days til we replace them...

Four of the five guys you mention in your sig are backups, though. It's not hard to argue for the replacement of players who are only playing on account of injury -- or in Sean Smith and Bobby Carpenter's case -- only in certain situations against certain players. I fully believe Carpenter is only on the team anyway because AJ Edds got injured. Carpenter's role is the one they wanted Edds to play, and would probably be playing better. I know you're a believer in Micah Johnson but I doubt you would argue he should be on the field in obvious passing situations or against nickel personnel. And who else is on the roster? Spitler? I have my issues with Carpenter but I don't imagine he'd be worse than Spitler. Or Dobbins in that role.

People can talk all they want about Henne but the biggest problem with this offense right now is that we can't run consistently against cover 2. The Vikings, Bills and Patriots all dared us and we failed in each case. I knew the Patriots would go there and said so in my thread before the game.

Getting John Jerry back is vital and it seems fairly well clear Long has been playing with a bum wheel. Getting on track against Green Bay won't be easy, either. They were #2 against the run last year IIRC. Not sure if they're a cover 2 type of team or like the Jets -- stubborn enough to run their scheme whether the matchup works or not. Until we show we can beat it any team that doesn't sit back in soft cover 2 zones is dumber than cement.

Unbelievable....:lol: Could you be in any more denial? You must still be dizzy from that 41-14 blitzkrieg the Patriots just ran over Miami with...

Julian Edelman... Aaron Hernandez... Brandon Tate... Sebastian Vollmer....Jerod Mayo.... etc.. etc..

Did you happen to pay ANY attention whatsoever to Patrick Chung Monday night?

Hell, they don't even have to hit on picks when they can beat you with Danny ****ing Woodhead....

The fact that they keep accumulating the ammo gives them more chances to hit on picks and keep loading their roster...

I'm convinced.... some of you are suffering from Parcellsitis... I've seen it before..

Pretty sure chung has never and will never do anything like that again in his life.

Hernandez is very quick but didnt do much. Tate is a good KR. We had one but why keep one of the fastest players in the league who can be explosive when you can have cobbs.

Danny Woodhead, stupid move by the jets to cut him. Hes a good little quick player. Edelman eh.

Mayo is good, Merriweather is good, Wilfork is good.

That game was about as fluke as i've ever seen. We got thromped but under the most ridiculous of circumstances.

Also we can all say that vontae shut down moss and kicked him out of new england

When's the last time the Pats have hit on a draft pick? You're giving the Pats FO too much credit. They have been in decline since 2007, and believe it or not are rebuilding just like us. Their defense is horrid. Their WR corps just lost their number 1 AND 2. (That's right, Moss demands double coverage so I count him as two WR's) and unless they get VJ their passing game is done. They have no running game. The Pats haven't hit on a draft pick in years. Albeit the jury is still out on some, but most don't look like they'll be anything special.

And to say that Brady is in his prime...LMFAO! Without Moss, Brady is average. Wait and see...

Agreed...they swing and miss all the time.

That offense will be very average with out Moss, he makes it click. All that underneath stuff isnt going to be wide open any more and a bunch of undersized white dudes are going to learn what its like to have a safety pinning their ears back and blasting them trying to go over the middle without Moss.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Belichick does it every year. He is the draft guru

No he's not!!! The draft guru went to KC. Pioli is the draft guru. The Chiefs will only get better while the Pats start missing on picks.

:lol: FH has a ****ing plague, Parcellsitis :lol: ****ing classic.

Definition
Parcellsitis

The ability to have no super bowl wins since 1983...and be considered a football genius

The ability to have 3 playoff wins since 1983...and be considered a football genius

The ability to have .529 winning percentage since 1983 and be considered a football genius

The ability to run away from a team when things don't go your way...and be considered a football genius

The ability to leave the last 2 teams he was with before us the Jets and Cowboys
with worse records than when he took over...but still considered a football genius

The ability to scam owners into paying him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ because he is a football genius

No he's not!!! The draft guru went to KC. Pioli is the draft guru. The Chiefs will only get better while the Pats start missing on picks.

God help us Dolphin fans if Belichek learns how to draft considering his team has
90 wins and 26 losses in the previous 7 plus seasons

won-loss
3-1
10-6
11-5
16-0
12-4
10-6
14-2
14-2

and to think New England only has 10 total draft picks next season
8 picks in the first 4 rounds that Belichek will turn into a windfall of picks for

Four of the five guys you mention in your sig are backups, though. It's not hard to argue for the replacement of players who are only playing on account of injury -- or in Sean Smith and Bobby Carpenter's case -- only in certain situations against certain players. I fully believe Carpenter is only on the team anyway because AJ Edds got injured. Carpenter's role is the one they wanted Edds to play, and would probably be playing better. I know you're a believer in Micah Johnson but I doubt you would argue he should be on the field in obvious passing situations or against nickel personnel. And who else is on the roster? Spitler? I have my issues with Carpenter but I don't imagine he'd be worse than Spitler. Or Dobbins in that role.

People can talk all they want about Henne but the biggest problem with this offense right now is that we can't run consistently against cover 2. The Vikings, Bills and Patriots all dared us and we failed in each case. I knew the Patriots would go there and said so in my thread before the game.

Getting John Jerry back is vital and it seems fairly well clear Long has been playing with a bum wheel. Getting on track against Green Bay won't be easy, either. They were #2 against the run last year IIRC. Not sure if they're a cover 2 type of team or like the Jets -- stubborn enough to run their scheme whether the matchup works or not. Until we show we can beat it any team that doesn't sit back in soft cover 2 zones is dumber than cement.

dobbins and jason allen are starters...

anyways...its pretty painfully obvious watching what i have so far of the pats game over that the pats were giving us 7 in the box looks and we just couldn't muster to gash them enough running the ball...we'd get blockers to the lbs at the second level but it was like all we wanted to do was make contact...we couldn't sustain anything

and i've got a new nickname for pat mcquistan...he's the "zamboni" as much time as he spends mopping up the floor...guys on the ground all the damn time...can't sustain or even make solid contact when pulling...his balance sucks...another straight ahead only guy playing guard and being asked to pull...ugh

john jerry being out has really hurt us...teams are daring us to just line up and run the ball and we just can't do it consistently enough

like you said we're gonna see a lot of soft coverages from soft fronts until we do...

Back
Top Bottom