Pats dynasty coming to an end. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats dynasty coming to an end.

I found an interesting article on how the 2007 New England patriots weren't as "perfect" as one might think. It can come across as a personal opinion but they back it up with good analysis and statistics.

http://www.thefount.info/16-0isthenew15-1.html

"The top win total from the NFL the past five years has been, in succession, 14, 15, 14, 14 and now 16 games. Over the previous 23 years in the league, if you combine the best five teams' records overall you can scrape together a total that equals that many wins. Why has a sudden upswing in wins, punctuated by the unprecedented 16-0 performance by the Patriots this year, been seen for top NFL teams? Your Fount experts decided to get to the root of this question: Does 16-0 in 2007 mean what it would have meant two decades ago?"

That was interesting. They did fail to point out it was the Pats with 3 of those win totals (14, 14 & 16). While the division stunk in 2007, the rest of the Pats schedule contained 8 playoff teams.

I'd attribute a lot of the Colts and Steelers success over the same time period to the divisions they played in, as much or more than the Pats record.

I skimmed the article. Did they mention the decline of the NFC over that same time period?

So because the Pats slid from 16-0 to 11-5, they are in a decline? Now i see your logic. Fins went 1-15, then 11-5, so they are 'up & coming'. Got it.

If balls bounce their way, Pats certainly could go undefeated. they like doing things nobody expects, like winning btb SB's. Everybody said that was impossible too.
The Pats have some question marks. What team doesn't? Given their qb & coach, it's easier to think they can overcome those holes than it is to think other teams can. they have the track record to prove it. few other teams do.[/quote

Yes the Pats are on the decline. I said it, and i meant it. Same thing goes for Miami. We are on the rise, after being bottom feeders for so many years. Tom Brady is aging and IMO none of the current QB's on the roster could pull of what Cassel did if Brady was to have another injury. Brady won't ever be the same QB. He tore the ACL in his planting knee, and will likely feel it every time he tries to step into his throw. With a bit of an overated offensive line there's a good chance Tom Brady will be taking a lot of hits. As I recall, the offensive line was a big reason why the Patriots lost the superbowl to the Giants, no? I'm not saying the Patriots are gonna be perennial losers from this year forward, I'm saying that the pieces of the dynasty are aging, leaving, retiring, and irreplacable guys are headed towards the end of their career.

Now for the other remark you made. Miami is 'up and coming' because of many reasons. First off, we have Bill Parcells, a proven winner who just like Belichick, knows how to build a team and win games. Not only that, we are a team that does not sabotage ourselves as we did prior to the 2008 season. In other words, were not gonna give teams the game like we used to, teams are forced to compete vs. us every sunday. We had our first division title in quite a while last year, while you guys did not take the division title for the first time in quite a while. I don't see why you think my logic was so wrong in my original post...

Last edited by a moderator:
So because the Pats slid from 16-0 to 11-5, they are in a decline? Now i see your logic. Fins went 1-15, then 11-5, so they are 'up & coming'. Got it.

If balls bounce their way, Pats certainly could go undefeated. they like doing things nobody expects, like winning btb SB's. Everybody said that was impossible too.
The Pats have some question marks. What team doesn't? Given their qb & coach, it's easier to think they can overcome those holes than it is to think other teams can. they have the track record to prove it. few other teams do.[/quote

Yes the Pats are on the decline. I said it, and i meant it. Same thing goes for Miami. We are on the rise, after being bottom feeders for so many years. Tom Brady is aging and IMO none of the current QB's on the roster could pull of what Cassel did if Brady was to have another injury. Brady won't ever be the same QB. He tore the ACL in his planting knee, and will likely feel it every time he tries to step into his throw. With a bit of an overated offensive line there's a good chance Tom Brady will be taking a lot of hits. As I recall, the offensive line was a big reason why the Patriots lost the superbowl to the Giants, no? I'm not saying the Patriots are gonna be perennial losers from this year forward, I'm saying that the pieces of the dynasty are aging, leaving, retiring, and irreplacable guys are headed towards the end of their career.

Now for the other remark you made. Miami is 'up and coming' because of many reasons. First off, we have Bill Parcells, a proven winner who just like Belichick, knows how to build a team and win games. Not only that, we are a team that does not sabotage ourselves as we did prior to the 2008 season. In other words, were not gonna give teams the game like we used to, teams are forced to compete vs. us every sunday. We had our first division title in quite a while last year, while you guys did not take the division title for the first time in quite a while. I don't see why you think my logic was so wrong in my original post...

Bill Parcells has never built a Championship team and in years he has been picking players his teams have won a total of ONE playoff game('98 Jets).

Good for you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Didn't mean my response as an attack.

I have my own opinion too, backed up by 8 yrs of watching Belichick & Brady do what they do best.

Brady is aging? OMG! News flash. Everybody is aging, even the Fins players.

Pats have young players starting. They have old players starting. They have players in their prime starting. Unlike many other teams, the Pats have BALANCE on their roster. Combine that with a deep bench at most postions is one of the major reasons they have done what they've done, and why they'll continue to do it. The Fins are on theor way there, but history shows parcells has a short attention span and has never stayed around to see it thru. Maybe he'll do it this time?

I have some concern of brady's mental state. His knee seems to be 100% at this point, with no issues with the plant foot. Maybe he'll feel it more on cold days? taking hits has never been a problem for him. Personally i wish he was more like manning in that respect, and dump the ball off before he has to take a hit. If he wants to play until he's 40, he better start avoiding some of the hits he's taken in the past while waiting for moss or whoever to get open.

I do believe the Fins could make noise this season. We all have to see how it goes. If the offense struggles, or falls behind, we'll see what they're made of. they've done it for most of one season. Can they do it again?

Good for you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Didn't mean my response as an attack.

I have my own opinion too, backed up by 8 yrs of watching Belichick & Brady do what they do best.

Brady is aging? OMG! News flash. Everybody is aging, even the Fins players.

Pats have young players starting. They have old players starting. They have players in their prime starting. Unlike many other teams, the Pats have BALANCE on their roster. Combine that with a deep bench at most postions is one of the major reasons they have done what they've done, and why they'll continue to do it. The Fins are on theor way there, but history shows parcells has a short attention span and has never stayed around to see it thru. Maybe he'll do it this time?

I have some concern of brady's mental state. His knee seems to be 100% at this point, with no issues with the plant foot. Maybe he'll feel it more on cold days? taking hits has never been a problem for him. Personally i wish he was more like manning in that respect, and dump the ball off before he has to take a hit. If he wants to play until he's 40, he better start avoiding some of the hits he's taken in the past while waiting for moss or whoever to get open.

I do believe the Fins could make noise this season. We all have to see how it goes. If the offense struggles, or falls behind, we'll see what they're made of. they've done it for most of one season. Can they do it again?

I'm not convinced Brady's knee is 100%. Teams aren't going to go out and advertise that their QB is not 100% and that he can't perform at his top level. If the Fins are to make noise this season, it's gonna have to come through the running game. Ronnie Brown is on a contract year and will be playing for a big contract. Pennington likely won't make it through then entire season. The wildcat will be non-existant because teams have got it figured out for sure by now. As far as our offensive line goes, i expect a pretty gelled unit to take the field. But as last year, injuries proved to change that. I'm sure you can relate.:lol: As for the Patriots, there's a pretty good chance yall will take the division, but if Brady is taking hits, I wouldn't count on it.

Pats aren't even a dynasty. They last won a Super Bowl 5 years ago... the only MAJOR pieces left are belichick and brady

Bill Parcells has never built a Championship team and in years he has been picking players his teams have won a total of ONE playoff game('98 Jets).

Your kidding right? Bill Parcells goes from team to team and builds them and then leaves them to win their championship. Your a tard if you think that. How about the 1990 New York Giants?

Your kidding right? Bill Parcells goes from team to team and builds them and then leaves them to win their championship. Your a tard if you think that. How about the 1990 New York Giants?

George Young built the 1990 Giants as well as the 1986 Giants.

Bill Parcells has been in charge of personell:

1993-1995 w/ the Pats, 1 playoff app, 0-1
1997-1999 w/ the Jets, 1 playoff app, 1-1
2003-2006 w/ Dallas, 2 playoff apps, 0-2

George Young built the 1990 Giants as well as the 1986 Giants.

Bill Parcells has been in charge of personell:

1993-1995 w/ the Pats, 1 playoff app, 0-1
1997-1999 w/ the Jets, 1 playoff app, 1-1
2003-2006 w/ Dallas, 2 playoff apps, 0-2

If you really believe that Bill Parcells is just some coach who has no input on anything in the FO or drafts then your completely delusional. The players Dallas has are mostly Parcell's players. You have got to be kidding me if you seriously think Parcells is nothing special.

If you really believe that Bill Parcells is just some coach who has no input on anything in the FO or drafts then your completely delusional. The players Dallas has are mostly Parcell's players. You have got to be kidding me if you seriously think Parcells is nothing special.

Input and total control are 2 different things, while having total control he has never built a Champion and in years he has had total control his teams have won a grand total of ONE playoff game. The man is an all-time great HC, he's also very medicore when ti comes to picking the players.

How many playoff games have the Cowboys won w/ those players?

It's a good thing the NFL makes all the teams play all the games so we can really find out....

Input and total control are 2 different things, while having total control he has never built a Champion and in years he has had total control his teams have won a grand total of ONE playoff game. The man is an all-time great HC, he's also very medicore when ti comes to picking the players.

How many playoff games have the Cowboys won w/ those players?

It makes me think a lot of Gruden winning a SB in Tampa with a team he didnt even put together. All he did was slowly dismantle it.

The cowboys have by far the most talented roster in the NFL, trouble is their coach can't figure out how to win....he never could. As a Buffalo fan.

Bill Parcells is a genius of football, and you're kidding yourself if you think he isn't, thats the bottom line.

It makes me think a lot of Gruden winning a SB in Tampa with a team he didnt even put together. All he did was slowly dismantle it.

The cowboys have by far the most talented roster in the NFL, trouble is their coach can't figure out how to win....he never could. As a Buffalo fan.

The Cowboys roster is vastly overrated. let's not forget Parcells coached Dallas for 4 years and never won a playoff game so it doesn't all fall on Wade Phillips.

Bill Parcells is a genius of football, and you're kidding yourself if you think he isn't, thats the bottom line.

He is a genius COACH, he ismediocre when picking players. The proof is in the results, please explain to me why he is a great GM?

Back
Top Bottom