Pats dynasty coming to an end. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats dynasty coming to an end.

nyjunc... While Parcells doesn't have the greatest track record in the playoffs, you have got to understand that he doesn't stick around with teams. He turns teams around into winning teams. He leaves when he feels comfortable that the job is done. It's just ludacris to say that the playoff losses are all on him. He's not the one out there playing. While yes the evidence does point to Parcells being terrible in the playoffs, thats because of the fact that he stays 2-3 years with team before leaving. Pretty much what this means, is besides for the Giants he hasn't really had a powerhouse team to win with.

I expect the pats to win at least 12 games. They could even go undefeated again. I expect their run to continue well into the next decade. As long as Brady & Belichick are around, I'll continuie to believe that.

Sorry, I just don't see it. The Patriot's have lost most of the players that won the Patriots their Superbowls in the early 2000's, most of their top players, especially on defense have gotten old or moved on (Vrable, Seymour, Bruschi, Harrison, etc.)....sorry but the defensive replacements since then aren't in the same category, with the exception of Mayo. The Pats have also brought in a lot of old guys on offense like Galloway and Fragile Freddy Taylor...... Zzzzzzzzzz.

Yes, Tom Brady is back....but why does everyone assume that Brady is going to do anymore to help this team than Cassell did last year? Brady is coming off of a severe ACL injury. Just because all the doctors says he has recovered doesn't mean he will be the same Tom Brady. Every organization usually has their moment in the sun....the 60's Packers, 70's Dolphins, 70's Steeelers, 80's 49ers, 90's Cowboys, and Patriots of the early 2000's.....none of these teams were able to keep it going.....why?? Because after players win the SB they often move to other organizations for bigger $$$....just look at Adam Vinatieri. Best of luck Patriots, but I don't see you winning the AFC East let alone the SB this year, despite what all the magazines are saying.

Cassel did a nice job last season and will be a good qb in the nfl, but he's no Tom Brady, even a Brady recovering from knee surgery. I guess the doubters will have to see him back in action to believe it. I figure it'll be very evident to all by the end of September that there truly is no comparison between the two, besides the position they play.

I'd liken the pats to the 49ers. They stayed on top or close to it for 15 years, mostly due to the coach and qbs, and the orgnization as a whole. It helped that there was no salary cap too.

If Brady & Belichick remain with the team, they'll be hard to beat.

Sorry, I just don't see it. The Patriot's have lost most of the players that won the Patriots their Superbowls in the early 2000's, most of their top players, especially on defense have gotten old or moved on (Vrable, Seymour, Bruschi, Harrison, etc.)....sorry but the defensive replacements since then aren't in the same category, with the exception of Mayo. The Pats have also brought in a lot of old guys on offense like Galloway and Fragile Freddy Taylor...... Zzzzzzzzzz.

Yes, Tom Brady is back....but why does everyone assume that Brady is going to do anymore to help this team than Cassell did last year? Brady is coming off of a severe ACL injury. Just because all the doctors says he has recovered doesn't mean he will be the same Tom Brady. Every organization usually has their moment in the sun....the 60's Packers, 70's Dolphins, 70's Steeelers, 80's 49ers, 90's Cowboys, and Patriots of the early 2000's.....none of these teams were able to keep it going.....why?? Because after players win the SB they often move to other organizations for bigger $$$....just look at Adam Vinatieri. Best of luck Patriots, but I don't see you winning the AFC East let alone the SB this year, despite what all the magazines are saying.

nyjunc... While Parcells doesn't have the greatest track record in the playoffs, you have got to understand that he doesn't stick around with teams. He turns teams around into winning teams. He leaves when he feels comfortable that the job is done. It's just ludacris to say that the playoff losses are all on him. He's not the one out there playing. While yes the evidence does point to Parcells being terrible in the playoffs, thats because of the fact that he stays 2-3 years with team before leaving. Pretty much what this means, is besides for the Giants he hasn't really had a powerhouse team to win with.

Where did I say playoff losses were all on him? I said as a HC he is an all-time great but as a guy in charge of getting players he is mediocre and the track record proves that. It's nobodies fault but his that he leaves so soon. The facts are in the 10 years he has been repsonsible for picking players his teams have one just ONE playoff game- that sounds very Carl Peterson-esque.

So he gets all the credit for winning but when his teams lose he doesn't get blame, how does that work exactly?

Thank you for making my point w/ thast last sentence. The Giants were the only team he didn't pick the players and he won 2 SBs. GREAT HC, mediocre GM.

The difference between Parcells now and years past is that he is a guy watching from a golf cart not having to coach.

Our 2008 draft was the best in the league no doubt

Jake Long (stud)
Phillip Merling (jets fans know him well now)
Kendall Langford (stud)
Akin Adele (trade for fourth rounder)
Anthony Fasano (traded for fourth rounder)
Donald Thomas (6th round steal starting RG-injured)
Shawn Murphy (5th round-may start at RG or backup)

This year:
Vontae Davis (future starter at CB if not already)
Pat White (this was pure genius that will change the game one more time)
Sean Smith (future starter at CB if not already)
Patrick Turner (gonna make Mel Kiper look like a huge idiot)
Brian Hartline (gonne suprise alot of people, including me)
Jason Taylor back
Cam Wake (stud pass rusher who is already coming along just fine silencing critics and with Joey P and JT, the skies the limit)
Gibril Wilson S
Jake Grove (stud C)

bottom line: I dont care what Bill P did in the past! dude is tearing it up now watching from behind the glass.

All I know is every time i see a highlight of brady in practice, i see a guy who drops back gingerly. I think he will be fine however, given that he does not see the hits that Farve did last year. What are the chances of that in the AFC East? I mean, we all know Ryan will have his thugs in rare form for Belecheat. Matt Light cannot stop JT let alone Jpeasy and Cam wake all 3 coming blasting in from everywhere!

Tommy B gonna take some hits! He wont like it much.

Their dynasty is long over. They are just a great team that will make the playoffs. They are not a SB team without Brady.

Back
Top Bottom