Pats dynasty coming to an end. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats dynasty coming to an end.

Well I guess if you call Jake Long a mediocre player than yes, Bill parcells is just an awful Drafter.

Well I guess if you call Jake Long a mediocre player than yes, Bill parcells is just an awful Drafter.

He had the #1 overall pick and that's one player. he's made some good choices in the past and he's made bad choices but the proof is in the record. ONE postseason win in 10 years and and if you count Miami last year it's 1 in 11 years.

Not quite.....the Cowboys roster probably isn't even the most talented roster in the NFC East....may not even be the 2nd most talented roster in the NFC East...

Dungy couldn't get that Bucs team over the hump......Gruden did....whether he built it or not....he built that Raiders offense that he dismantled in the superbowl....

Ray Perkins had more to do with building that '86 team than Parcells did...

Hell...Ray Perkins is the one that hired Parcells in the first place....

Your so naive, saying Parcells had nothing to do with building the '86 and '90 Giants is crazy. There is no way he didn't select players to draft.

You are naive if you think he was selcting those players. That was George Young who built those teams, was BP involved in discussing players? I'm sure he was but George had all the power to select and he built those SB teams.

Ray Perkins had more to do with building that '86 team than Parcells did...

Hell...Ray Perkins is the one that hired Parcells in the first place....

Ray was the coach when they selected Simms and LT but George Young still gets the boatload of credit. Parcells deserves his share for coaching, as a coach he's one of the all time best but picking players he is nothing more than mediocre.

Not quite.....the Cowboys roster probably isn't even the most talented roster in the NFC East....may not even be the 2nd most talented roster in the NFC East...

Dungy couldn't get that Bucs team over the hump......Gruden did....whether he built it or not....he built that Raiders offense that he dismantled in the superbowl....

can you fix those quotes? it makes it look like I made those statements.

I don't know how that happened....oh well....I just erased the quotes...

Nyjunc, BP has been selecting players all throughout his career in football, he isn't a coach like Wade Phillips who basically just holds the clipboard and gets blamed for everything

Nyjunc, BP has been selecting players all throughout his career in football, he isn't a coach like Wade Phillips who basically just holds the clipboard and gets blamed for everything

There is a huge difference btw suggesting and having final say. Bill had final say 19913-1995 w/ NE, 1997-1999 NYJ and 2003-2006 Dallas. In those 10 years his teams won ONE playoff game. I love parcells, I think he's one of the best HCs of all time but as the man in charge of acquiring talent his record is very spotty. Those are facts, that's why he left NE to come to the Jets and look how it worked out for NE a few years later?

There is a huge difference btw suggesting and having final say. Bill had final say 19913-1995 w/ NE, 1997-1999 NYJ and 2003-2006 Dallas. In those 10 years his teams won ONE playoff game. I love parcells, I think he's one of the best HCs of all time but as the man in charge of acquiring talent his record is very spotty. Those are facts, that's why he left NE to come to the Jets and look how it worked out for NE a few years later?

Ok. Parcells coached the 96' Patriots in the Superbowl. So to say he has 1 playoff win is completely retarded. He had to have at least 2 in order to be in the superbowl..... :up:

Just give it up, this is an argument u cant win.

Ok. Parcells coached the 96' Patriots in the Superbowl. So to say he has 1 playoff win is completely retarded. He had to have at least 2 in order to be in the superbowl..... :up:

He was stripped of power in 1996, he famously wanted Cedric Jones over Terry Glenn. Jones went on to become a big time bust and Terry Glenn was huge for NE in 1996. If he still has power NE doesn't make the SB in 1996. Also drafted in 1996 were Lawyer Milloy and Teddy bruschi.

Bill Parcells has had power w/ 3 teams:

1993-1995 w/ NE: 1 playoff app, 0-1
1997-1999 NYJ: 1 playoff app, 1-1
2003-2006 Dal: 2 playoff apps, 0-2

BP as just a coach:

1983-1990 NYG: 5 playoff apps, 8-3, 2 SB titles
1996 NE: 1 playoff app, 2-1, 1 AFC Title

Just give it up, this is an argument u cant win.

That's a funny statement since I have already won it, all the evidence backs my position. So far the only point countered has been the '96 Pats(I have been waiting for that point to come up) but he did NOT have power in 1996. You haven't brought any points to the discussion other than telling me I'm wrong which obviously I am correct as the evidence proves.

That's a funny statement since I have already won it, all the evidence backs my position. So far the only point countered has been the '96 Pats(I have been waiting for that point to come up) but he did NOT have power in 1996. You haven't brought any points to the discussion other than telling me I'm wrong which obviously I am correct as the evidence proves.

U haven't won anything, your a Jets fan. Have fun with a dirty mexican quarterback who hasn't proven anything.
:woot:

Back
Top Bottom