Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8

I do not expect him to be Ricky Williams. But I think he can be an Emmitt Smith. And would I trade up to add an Emmitt Smith to our team?

Damn Skippy I would.

:tank:

I will preface my statement by saying, I never liked Kermit. He always seemed he was at the second level before a LB had a chance at him. That Oline he ran behind was a legendary piece of work. From Gogan to Newton to Stepnoski. That team, forged by JJ, was always about the trenches. Always.

He better be ****ing 2002 Ricky Williams if Miami trades up for him.

why though? what if he is a very good RB for the next 5/6 years but not elite like Ricky was? all we give up is a 2nd rd pick that we most likely would have blown anyway? The upside is tremendous with Elliot. Go for the home run not the single

Elliot is special. I dont want to give up a pick to get him though. Id rather have conklin at 13 if thats the case. And keep the third round pick it would likely take to move there. I am die hard ohio state but i love my dolphins a little more. Elliot and Bosa are the onky 2 buckeyes i really covet. They both impact virtually every play. Enough cant be said about Elliots blocking, especially down field.

Lee and Apple never seemed like players id want to devote the 13th pick.

WR Jalen Marshall and Cardale Jones intrigue me in the 5th round or later. DT Adolpus Washington woukd have a lot of value in the 3rd where for some reason hes commonly listed.

Kenjan Drake is another name to keep an eye on friday night. He is almost the perfect compliment to Ajayi minus his injury history.

RB's don't stay healthy. Ezekiel Elliot tested as a slightly below average athlete, and he comes from a system that generates massive holes for its RB's. I can't care too much at this point, but talk about a stupid, ****ing idea. Hopefully, it's just smoke. This is in the conversation for worst possible scenario.

Last year the Giants lost 6 games in which they had a lead with less than 2 minutes remaining. Imagine if they had a RB like Elliott who could close games out. The value of a special RB like Elliott could have been potentially worth 6 wins to the Giants last year. So I can't imagine Elliott being available past #10 where the Giants pick.

To compare Elliott to Miller or to any of the recent "system" Alabama RB's is not accurate, in my opinion.

If the trade compensation is fair, then are the Dolphins not supposed to act because of some overblown myth concerning the devaluation of the RB position? I'd rather see Tannehill under center on 3rd and 2 with a run-pass option rather than seeing Tannehill in the shotgun because, for the Dolphins, 3rd and 2 is invariably a passing situation.

I've been one of the most optimistic Dolfans this offseason with the moves we have made.

If Miami trades up for Elliot, it will be a massive blunder. Of course he can all prove us wrong by being as special as you may think he is . . . I just don't think he's in that realm. I'm not giving up quality assets for a RB.

The trade up to 8 either needs to be Bosa, Jack, VH3 or any of those other guys that could drop.

Now at 13 if the decision is between Elliot, Apple, WJIII, etc. I don't mind the team saying "We love this kid and we have a need a RB, lets take him". I'm also very content with taking the best CB on their board there. Not a fan of the pick, but I can live with it. Kid will be extremely productive for us.

At that same token, we need to be aggressive in round 2 in an attempt to get a CB if we can't snag one in round 1 . . . maybe Artie Burns.

But trading up for a RB would be a mistake. Personally I think it is all smoke regardless. I think we are putting parameters out there for a trade in case a player unexpectedly drops . . . Elliot taken before 8 would be a blessing.

Last year the Giants lost 6 games in which they had a lead with less than 2 minutes remaining. Imagine if they had a RB like Elliott who could close games out. The value of a special RB like Elliott could have been potentially worth 6 wins to the Giants last year. So I can't imagine Elliott being available past #10 where the Giants pick.

To compare Elliott to Miller or to any of the recent "system" Alabama RB's is not accurate, in my opinion.

If the trade compensation is fair, then are the Dolphins not supposed to act because of some overblown myth concerning the devaluation of the RB position? I'd rather see Tannehill under center on 3rd and 2 with a run-pass option rather than seeing Tannehill in the shotgun because, for the Dolphins, 3rd and 2 is invariably a passing situation.

Do you remember who was starting on that Oline? Seriously.

why though? what if he is a very good RB for the next 5/6 years but not elite like Ricky was? all we give up is a 2nd rd pick that we most likely would have blown anyway? The upside is tremendous with Elliot. Go for the home run not the single
Using a 1st and a 2nd to in the best case scenario get a very good RB for 5/6 years is sure as hell not a home run.

If we are truly trading up for Elliot I would hope its for a day 3 pick and day 2 pick next year especially since we will have earned a 3rd comp pick and possibly another 4th or 5th rounder. Not that I like the idea of going back up to our own original pick. That trade was so stupid it just doesn't make sense.

I like Elliot as a RB prospect, but some of you have gone so over the top with it. I don't see AP or Barry Sanders in him. He doesn't have the ferocity or the ability to make extraordinary plays from nothing. He's a good all-around back who shows promising vision and was in a kickass offense. He is the best RB prospect in this draft, but this is an era of extraordinary depth at the RB position and of offenses that don't live off bellcow backs. The RB position is already impossibly deep and constantly limited by injuries and a short playing span. Considering he also has a history of immaturity and will be competing in an offense that has a lot of mouths to feed it just makes absolutely no sense. I hope the kid is successful but some of you are just blowing him up to crazy all-time comparisons. Your heads are going to explode when Fournette and Cook come out next year.

Do you remember who was starting on that Oline? Seriously.

A special RB like Zeke Elliott can overcome the OL weaknesses that the Giants had whereas a RB like Rashad Jennings could not.

If Elliott's grade is comparable to Tomlinson's, then he is worth obtaining via a trade. Isn't his grade in that vein, as a 3-down back with exceptional receiving and blocking skills?

omg we got people trying to justify trading a 2017 2nd rounder to go from 13 to 8 for ezekial Elliott

:bobdole:

omg we got people trying to justify trading a 2017 2nd rounder to go from 13 to 8 for ezekial Elliott

Would be an awful idea even if it wasnt our own damn 8th pick

I'm ok with it. Zeke's a sure thing and we historically **** up the 2nd round anyway. Obviously Landry is an exception...blind squirrel.

I'm ok with it. Zeke's a sure thing and we historically **** up the 2nd round anyway. Obviously Landry is an exception...blind squirrel.
Seems like a good idea because there's no way using a 1st and 2nd on a RB could be anything but a sure thing. And because we have no use for 2nd round picks because we'd just f them up anyway. Ok. Seems legit.

Also for the record it wasn't a blind squirrel who picked Landry but Dennis Hickey, who seemed like an aberration because he was actually competent.

is all you do talk down to people on message boards if they dont agree with you? aren't you a mod or something. Its like you lurk threads to wait for someone to say something about tannehill or anything else negative and then you come in and save the day?

Back
Top Bottom