Pedro headed to BULLPEN; Mets season now over! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pedro headed to BULLPEN; Mets season now over!

culpepper2chambers said:
need to fire hargrove...man it would be nice if they could and somehow reel in giradi wont happen tho.

Hargrove isn't going anywhere. He did a good job this year with that bunch.

RWhitney014 said:
I don't typically build altars to agents in my closet, no, but I know Boras' history. Let's just let this one play out and discuss it when it happens. We both have staked our claims and have perfectly good arguments on both sides.

Let's see how it plays out. I claim Zito goes to the highest bidder. West Coast, East coast, midwest, south.....doesnt' matter. Whoever offers the most he goes.

Also, if Zito beats Santana in Game 1 tomorrow...........he will make himself even MORE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ when he hits the market. His price tag will take a huge jump!

MikeO said:
Let's see how it plays out. I claim Zito goes to the highest bidder. West Coast, East coast, midwest, south.....doesnt' matter. Whoever offers the most he goes.

Also, if Zito beats Santana in Game 1 tomorrow...........he will make himself even MORE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ when he hits the market. His price tag will take a huge jump![/
quote]

You're not kidding on that one. Santana doesn't lose at home. Ever.

Zito's going for the money most likely unless the money is real close. If Team A on the West Coast is offering 4 years 40 million and Team B in the middle of the country is offering 4 years 44 million he's going to the West Coast but if it's like Johnny Damon's deal where the Red Sox offered 4 years 40 million and the Yankees came and offered 4 years 52 million, no way he leaves 12 million on the table. Johnny Damon would have came to the Red Sox at 48 million (close money) but since they didn't give it to him he had no choice but to go to the Yankees. That's what I see happening with Zito. If it's a choice between a couple million dollards no doubt he'll go where he's comfortable. If it's 10 million more between going to a team say in the mid west or a team he prefers to play for he's going to take the money and learn to be comfortable in his new surroundings!

Mets may now be without El Dukie as well.

MikeO said:
We would like to thank the NY Mets for an entertaining 2006 MLB season.

But with the news that Pedro is likely headed to the bullpen for the playoffs, your chances of winning the NL and World Series are all but over.

Pedro Martinez : Rotoworld.com - Pedro Martinez Biography from Rotoworld.com

So much for a SUBWAY series :boohoo: :mad:
What an absolutely GLORIOUS title for a Thread!..Right on the money! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:
Thank You so much for all of your entertaining posts!...but your season and your NY POST style of HEADLINES proved to be wrong...well at least on the FLushing side of town.
Keep on doubting this team at EVERY turn...for all they have done all year is win...despite short on pitching...despite every team in the National League who did not even make the Playoffs warning how scared the Mets are to play them.
I do not have blinders on when it comes to this team...but they have proved that they will not quit..will keep on chugging....and PROVED to be the MOST entertaining team to STILL...STILL be playing. You were right about the SUBWAY SERIES:boohoo: :boohoo:

NYPhinFan said:
What an absolutely GLORIOUS title for a Thread!..Right on the money! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:
Thank You so much for all of your entertaining posts!...but your season and your NY POST style of HEADLINES proved to be wrong...well at least on the FLushing side of town.
Keep on doubting this team at EVERY turn...for all they have done all year is win...despite short on pitching...despite every team in the National League who did not even make the Playoffs warning how scared the Mets are to play them.
I do not have blinders on when it comes to this team...but they have proved that they will not quit..will keep on chugging....and PROVED to be the MOST entertaining team to STILL...STILL be playing. You were right about the SUBWAY SERIES:boohoo: :boohoo:

ya haven't won anything yet buddy. Settle down! :lol:

Ya just beat the wild card team in the weakest league MLB has seen in decades. While is a nice win....if ya lose next round are ya gonna be happy??!! I doubt it!

MikeO said:
ya haven't won anything yet buddy. Settle down! :lol:

Ya just beat the wild card team in the weakest league MLB has seen in decades. While is a nice win....if ya lose next round are ya gonna be happy??!! I doubt it!
I am settled just fine:lol: :lol:
I get tired of the excuse of the "weak" national league team stuff. WE play who is in front of us...and what would be worse...beating these "weak teams" or losing to those teams??
The way the Yankees played....they would have fit right in with the "weak" National league teams...NO???..NO PITCHING....NO HITTING...NONE OF THE LITTLE THINGS that win games. :eek: :eek:

One of the ALL-TIME classic quotes comes from Steinbrenner right after the Mets won game 1 from LA and was asked by a reporter if he was "scared" of meeting the Mets in the world series(obviously a dumb question)..yet his answer was even funnier "Not with the way they played tonight!"..OMG...:sidelol: :sidelol: ...wonder what his thoughts are right now...Sometimes its just better to say nothing.:boohoo: :boohoo:

NYPhinFan said:
One of the ALL-TIME classic quotes comes from Steinbrenner right after the Mets won game 1 from LA and was asked by a reporter if he was "scared" of meeting the Mets in the world series(obviously a dumb question)..yet his answer was even funnier "Not with the way they played tonight!"..OMG...:sidelol: :sidelol: ...wonder what his thoughts are right now...Sometimes its just better to say nothing.:boohoo: :boohoo:

if he said that it would have been all over the news arouind here. I never heard of him saying that, post the link.

nyjunc said:
if he said that it would have been all over the news arouind here. I never heard of him saying that, post the link.

I agree, and I'm a Met fan. The Bergen Record would have had that posted all over the sports pages.

nyjunc said:
I saw it in the NY Post last week after the first Met win...and went to the archives of the NY Post on here and found it again. I do not know how to post the link but will give you the date it was in the paper.

I am looking at the article now online...OCT 5th...the title of the article is Boss not impressed by Mets...written by Dan Martini. Why would I make that up? If you go to NYPOST.com...you will find it...sorry I don't know how to post the link

NYPhinFan said:
I saw it in the NY Post last week after the first Met win...and went to the archives of the NY Post on here and found it again. I do not know how to post the link but will give you the date it was in the paper.

The New York post is the biggest paper know for yellow Journalism. I'm not saying it did not happen, but I don't believe one thing that comes out of that paper.

And it was not picked up by any other papers which I find even more telling.

Back
Top Bottom