Pedro headed to BULLPEN; Mets season now over! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pedro headed to BULLPEN; Mets season now over!

MikeO said:
He will get it

You realize I'm talking something along the lines of a 6 year, $120-150 million dollar contract? That's what it's going to take. Barry Zito is the penultimate California personality. He'll stay in Oakland or go to San Diego or either LA, something like that. He just wouldn't fit in New York.

Pedro out until NEXT JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rotator Cuff surgery is coming. Calf injury.

He's screwed!!

RWhitney014 said:
You realize I'm talking something along the lines of a 6 year, $120-150 million dollar contract? That's what it's going to take. Barry Zito is the penultimate California personality. He'll stay in Oakland or go to San Diego or either LA, something like that. He just wouldn't fit in New York.

The mets can offer him more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ than anyone else. With Pedro out till next June. Zito will ge it!

MikeO said:
The mets can offer him more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ than anyone else. With Pedro out till next June. Zito will ge it!

You think the Mets are going to offer him $25 million a season? Man, I hope they do. He'll never play up to it.

He's staying in Cali. I will be shocked if he doesn't.

i meant they can offer him more money than any other team that will be after him.

Not make him the highest paid player in the league

Like I said earlier in this thread I seriously doubted that it was really Pedro's calf that was hurting him. This rotator cuff was a big ? mark before the Mets sign him (the only reason why the Sox didn't offer him 4 years). Pedro's career, like I said, may very well be over. Pedro, from 1999 to 2001, was the greatest pitcher I have ever seen live in person and that includes guys like Clemens, Johnson, Schilling, Maddux, etc.

MikeO said:
i meant they can offer him more money than any other team that will be after him.

Not make him the highest paid player in the league

No doubt about that. But I think they're going to have to make him one of the highest paid players in the league to get him to leave the West Coast.

It's a shame Bavasi has no foresight and blew his budget on Beltre and Sexson, because stealing Zito from Oakland would have been a boon for him, and he might have been able to do it with the money Lincoln authorized him to spend.

RWhitney014 said:

I think the Cardinals are going to make a big move for him. He can be a west coast guy but is Oakland really going to keep him? Their are alot of teams that are going to offer him big money and I think he goes where the money is.

RWhitney014 said:
No doubt about that. But I think they're going to have to make him one of the highest paid players in the league to get him to leave the West Coast.

It's a shame Bavasi has no foresight and blew his budget on Beltre and Sexson, because stealing Zito from Oakland would have been a boon for him, and he might have been able to do it with the money Lincoln authorized him to spend.

1) Seattle could step up and make a move for Barry Bonds. But LAA might not let them as they got more money to blow. Don't be shocked for Seattle to make a play for Barry though

2) Zito is chasing the money.His agent is SCOT BORUS!!! Borus won't let him take less money to stay out west. He just won't. This is the guy who sent Pudge to Detroit. Who sent Beltran to the Mets. He sends guys to cities they shouldn't be in. His history is 100% on this. Zito is going to the highest bidder. City, location.......meaningless

MikeO said:
1) Seattle could step up and make a move for Barry Bonds. But LAA might not let them as they got more money to blow. Don't be shocked for Seattle to make a play for Barry though

2) Zito is chasing the money.His agent is SCOT BORUS!!! Borus won't let him take less money to stay out west. He just won't. This is the guy who sent Pudge to Detroit. Who sent Beltran to the Mets. He sends guys to cities they shouldn't be in. His history is 100% on this. Zito is going to the highest bidder. City, location.......meaningless

Why on Earth would Seattle want Bonds? How does he make them better at his price? They have plenty of positional talent with Sexson, Lopez, Betancourt, and Beltre on the infield, Johjima at catcher, and Ichiro, Adam Jones, and the perennially underrated Raul Ibanez (raise your hand if you knew his line this season was .289-33-123 this year...right). They need starting pitching badly. Meche is likely gone, Pineiro is an enigma, Washburn is a 4th starter now, and Woods and Felix are the future. They need to make a push for Zito or Schmidt or look to trade one of their OF surplus, likely Jeremy Reed, or Jeff Clement for pitching help. I still think Nolasco and a spect for Reed and Clement is a good deal for both sides, and if the Marlins can grab Soriano, too, even better.

Scott Boras is still only an agent, and Zito is too smart a guy to let $$$ get in the way of his own well-being. Landing Pudge in Detroit? No one else made an offer after he turned down the Marlins'...Boras was going to be embarrassed when his HOF catcher almost looked towards Japan. Beltran got a huge, huge, huge contract. That 7-year, $119 million deal is along the lines of what it's going to take for the Mets to land Zito, and to be honest, I know they're in New York, but they have a lot of big contracts to pay. If they offer him that, they've got a shot, but pitchers don't get those kinds of deals, especially pitchers who have not had a dominating year since 2002. (And before I get flamed, Zito has been very good the past four years, just not on par with his 23-5, 2.75 '02 campaign, and certainly not deserving of the largest contract ever given to a pitcher.)

RWhitney014 said:
Why on Earth would Seattle want Bonds? How does he make them better at his price? They have plenty of positional talent with Sexson, Lopez, Betancourt, and Beltre on the infield, Johjima at catcher, and Ichiro, Adam Jones, and the perennially underrated Raul Ibanez (raise your hand if you knew his line this season was .289-33-123 this year...right). They need starting pitching badly. Meche is likely gone, Pineiro is an enigma, Washburn is a 4th starter now, and Woods and Felix are the future. They need to make a push for Zito or Schmidt or look to trade one of their OF surplus, likely Jeremy Reed, or Jeff Clement for pitching help. I still think Nolasco and a spect for Reed and Clement is a good deal for both sides, and if the Marlins can grab Soriano, too, even better.

Scott Boras is still only an agent, and Zito is too smart a guy to let $$$ get in the way of his own well-being. Landing Pudge in Detroit? No one else made an offer after he turned down the Marlins'...Boras was going to be embarrassed when his HOF catcher almost looked towards Japan. Beltran got a huge, huge, huge contract. That 7-year, $119 million deal is along the lines of what it's going to take for the Mets to land Zito, and to be honest, I know they're in New York, but they have a lot of big contracts to pay. If they offer him that, they've got a shot, but pitchers don't get those kinds of deals, especially pitchers who have not had a dominating year since 2002. (And before I get flamed, Zito has been very good the past four years, just not on par with his 23-5, 2.75 '02 campaign, and certainly not deserving of the largest contract ever given to a pitcher.)
*raises hand*

meche, pinerio are gone.....there was a article earlier this year that schmidt said he'd liked to play in seattle......that would be nice

RWhitney014 said:

Bonds will sell out EVERY GAME from now till he breaks Aarons record. THAT's why Seattle will want him!! That's the same reason Oakland will even look into him, and they already have a good DH in Frank Thomas.

This is entertainment and a business BEFORE a sport. Always remember that.

RWhitney014 said:
Scott Boras is still only an agent, and Zito is too smart a guy to let $$$ get in the way of his own well-being.

ha ha ha ha ha ha......how naive!

Boras and the MLBPU won't let Zito turn down more money to go somewhere else. TRUST ME!!!!!! Have you even followed the career of Scot Borus??! Zito is going to the highest bidder, end of story.

MikeO said:
ha ha ha ha ha ha......how naive!

Boras and the MLBPU won't let Zito turn down more money to go somewhere else. TRUST ME!!!!!! Have you even followed the career of Scot Borus??! Zito is going to the highest bidder, end of story.

I don't typically build altars to agents in my closet, no, but I know Boras' history. Let's just let this one play out and discuss it when it happens. We both have staked our claims and have perfectly good arguments on both sides.

And C2C, you don't count re: Ibanez.

MikeO said:
Bonds will sell out EVERY GAME from now till he breaks Aarons record. THAT's why Seattle will want him!! That's the same reason Oakland will even look into him, and they already have a good DH in Frank Thomas.

This is entertainment and a business BEFORE a sport. Always remember that.

That's all fine and good, but selling out seats won't keep Bill Bavasi employed if his team is constantly losing 90 games. And that is his priority.

Back
Top Bottom