Pennington the starting QB we've been ignoring | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pennington the starting QB we've been ignoring

Here is something to talk...
Pennington is the starter until someone beats him out of the job or he gets hurt.

Anyone here think Henne or White will beat him out??
End of discussion.
I think that Henne and White will unleash their arms in pre-season leaving all of those who visit finheaven drooling about the future and when the noodle can't hit a deep out in the season finheaven will erupt in a full out 3 way QB controversy of epic proportion.

Pennington just wins and that is something i want to get use to again

I thought it was funny that during the draft they kept comparing Mark Sanchez's arm to Penningtion's. If I was a Jets fan I would have been pissed with that pick because Sanchez is no were near as smart as Penningtion.

I'm still thinking that the pups are still the pups and that Penny comes out of TC and preseason as the unquestioned (other than on this board) #1 QB. Henne was in the mix last year (as a rook, I know) but it was Chad that calmed the waters. Do not underestimate his accuracy and in a Parcells-Sparano-Henning offense that means a lot.

I'm still thinking that the pups are still the pups and that Penny comes out of TC and preseason as the unquestioned (other than on this board) #1 QB. Henne was in the mix last year (as a rook, I know) but it was Chad that calmed the waters. Do not underestimate his accuracy and in a Parcells-Sparano-Henning offense that means a lot.
At some point his inability to throw deep outs has to outweigh the intangibles and Henne or White needs to take over. Baltimore showed exactly how to defend Pennington and this is a copy cat league.

At some point his inability to throw deep outs has to outweigh the intangibles and Henne or White needs to take over. Baltimore showed exactly how to defend Pennington and this is a copy cat league.

Ted, you hit the nail on the head! Penny's been terrific, the driving-force behind our record-breaking turnaround from awful to more than respectable. We should be forever grateful for his leadership and commitment. But since the deeper a team drives into the playoffs, the more likely they will be facing a Top 10 scoring defense, and assuming that's our goal at this point, the team's interests are probably not best served by having Pennington as our starting QB.

From a jets wiki here's his record through 07 vs top 10 scoring defenses. Of course losing to the Pats and Ravens 3 out of 4 times last season, only compounds how depressing these stats are:

Regular Season: 6-16 W/L record vs. Top 10 scoring defenses
Playoffs: 1-3 W/L record vs. Top 10 scoring defenses
7-19 All-Time record vs Top 10 Scoring Defenses
http://www.jetnation.com/JetsWiki/index.php/Pennington,_Chad

While I've little doubt that Chad will keep us respectable, if our goal is to go deep into the playoffs and if we choose to ignore his substandard record of success when facing formidible defenses, we essentially do so at our own peril.

Chad Pennington has my respect and appreciation for all he contributes as a member of the Dolphins. I don't know any other way to say it.
:thanks:

I disagree. Our injuries and lack of O line depth let Baltimore beat us. Throwing 4 interceptions didn't help.

im just wondering what do we do if pennington has another pro bowl year takes us deep in the playsoffs or even the superbowl what do we do i mean he is only 32 that is the question we must ask ourselevs......

what do we do if Pennington throw 4 INTs in week 1? does Henne take over? I personally am under the impression Henne is ready to win his job outright THIS season, I think we should just make it a fair competition and not anoint Pennington the starter just yet

Back
Top Bottom