Pennington the starting QB we've been ignoring | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pennington the starting QB we've been ignoring

IMO - The number one attribute of a Parcell's / Sparano QB is (mistake free - no turnovers). Can we say that about PW or CH. I don't think so. We know nothning about them yet.

Before anyone's ticket is punched to be our next QB they will need to demonstrate the above mentioned quality.

Until then Pennington is QB, this year and maybe more.

I'm still a Chad P. fan. I'm looking forward to watching him lead his offense back to the playoffs, and beyond.

I thought it was funny that during the draft they kept comparing Mark Sanchez's arm to Penningtion's. If I was a Jets fan I would have been pissed with that pick because Sanchez is no were near as smart as Penningtion.

He does talk a good game though, which if your a Jets fan might be another bad thing as they get thier hopes up again.

I love Pennington, but we won't win a Super Bowl with him. He is prefect for where we are right now as a team. He can teach the young guys and show some leadership, but as our team comes together in this rebuilding process, we will need the deep passing game to make a real push at dominating the AFC.

I love Pennington, but we won't win a Super Bowl with him. He is prefect for where we are right now as a team. He can teach the young guys and show some leadership, but as our team comes together in this rebuilding process, we will need the deep passing game to make a real push at dominating the AFC.

Couldn't agree MORE with your assessment of Pennington!! I feel the exact same way!

Exactly why can't we win a Super Bowl with Penny at qb? The Ravens won with Trent Dilfer. Is Dilfer > Pennington? We have upgraded our offensive line, and as far as I've seen Parcells/Sparano type football is tough, smashmouth football on offense and great defense. Nobody knows whats going to happen this upcoming season. We have just as good a chance as anyone else at this point to go to and or win a super bowl. Chad P is a winner at the NFL level, and while i have nothing against Henne or White neither one of them can make that claim.

Pennington's just plays well game in and game out. That's boring. We want excitement.

Uh...what? I'm all for watching an exciting game, but winning is my top priority. I'd rather watch us play boring football and win over playing exciting football, but lose.

Parcells wrote his 11Commandments with Pennington in mindPennington's words: I am a servant to my team. these words aren't bogus humility but frame his belief system.
Penny has had an excellent year. He returns with his shoulder in tact & well healed, with the Orca-5 protecting him, w/ a running game in place, w/ improved WR's, w/WildCatPat possibly sharing the field on a more regular basis.I believe he will have the deep pass when he needs it & returns the same Franchise, ProBowler, hand-picked by Parcells QB that will take his shot at the Big Enchilada in 2010.
Pennington will not go quietly into the night.
He may be on the verge of a NFL rebirth, a virtual Renaissance & Miami's immediate future. If he can get us through the 2009 season as well as he did the 2008, he will lead us to a SuperBowl in 2010
Henne can either win the position or have an extended understudy. Things change: Out w/ Beck & in w/ WildCataPat.

Everything is in Chad Pennington's hands. This season holds the answers. It will be resolved on the playing field.

I disagree. Our injuries and lack of O line depth let Baltimore beat us. Throwing 4 interceptions didn't help.
The Ravens shut down the middle of the field. Chad can't get the ball out and deep. From there it wasn't hard to overpower theO line.

I love Chad and am forever grateful for his role last year but he was not the best player on the team. He was needed to provide leadership and stability to a young team and was solid in doing that. His role has to be expanded this year and I don't think he has the physical tools to handle it.

The Ravens shut down the middle of the field. Chad can't get the ball out and deep. From there it wasn't hard to overpower theO line.

I love Chad and am forever grateful for his role last year but he was not the best player on the team. He was needed to provide leadership and stability to a young team and was solid in doing that. His role has to be expanded this year and I don't think he has the physical tools to handle it.

not to mention continuously calling plays that baltimore consistently shut down like wildcat plays and runs up the middle.

Winning is boring?

come on, wouldnt you rather be like denver, with a fun and exciting offense but missing the playoffs... come on, who needs the playoffs when you can pass for 3500 yards and look good doing it. :crazy:

Exactly why can't we win a Super Bowl with Penny at qb? The Ravens won with Trent Dilfer.

We don't have anything close to the defense that Balt had the year they won. That might have been one of the best D's of all time. If we had that, then I might give Pennington the nod.

Back
Top Bottom