Percy Harvin wants trade from Vikes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Percy Harvin wants trade from Vikes

He has 2 years left of his original contract. He only has 2.5M remaining on original contract totaling 15M. Vikings have all the leverage. He isn't going anywhere and he cerainly isn't going to sit out for 2 years holding out. Nothing to see here. move along.....

We can get it done for a third.

I don't think so. Why would they trade the 22nd overall pick in 2009 for 3rd rounder when they have him gauranteed for 2 more years at a low price.

If they did give into his demands they would want comparable compensation since he comes on the cheap.

Harvin is going to want a new contract with the team he gets traded to, plus the Vikings are probably going to ask for a 1st or 2nd round pick. Can't see Ireland going this route.

They can ask whatever they want, but I don't think they will get that.

If we give up a 3rd I wouldn't be mad. I think he would be a great fit for this offense.

I'd give up a 3rd easily. Anything more and I'd have to pass I think. And I think the Vikings might want more. Some team will probably give it to them.
I agree. His migraines are a serious issue. He simply can't be counted on week in and week out. When he's on the field, he's a damn good player. Unfortunately, he spends way too much time off of it. A third is reasonable for the time he's on.

I would not sign him because of the migraine issue.

What was the incident with him & Farve?

I don't remember right now. Didn't he somehow throw Brett under the bus when they were both there?

I wouldn't even give a third. Late round maybe. The guy has never stayed on the field for an entire season and constantly gets migraines. I like the fact that the fins are trying to build the offense through the draft. I didn't think too much of the Ocho signing, but whatever he may be able to stretch the field a bit. Either way Harvin is explosive, but I doubt he'll be anything more than an injury concern...
Oh there's more than 16 games per season? Cause that's what he played last year.

The guy has missed 3 games in 3 years...

With his issues, I'd be extremely hesitant to give up anything more than a 4th. But I'd be very happy to get him for that price.

I would not sign him because of the migraine issue.

What was the incident with him & Farve?

I don't remember right now. Didn't he somehow throw Brett under the bus when they were both there?
If so, Favre probably deserved it. He's thrown enough guys under the bus in his career.

No thanks. Last thing we need on this team is another over-hyped first round mediocre Gator.

Percy Harvin was a major 'whisper campaign' guy coming out of college. Everyone knew a guy who knew a guy who had some major dirt on Percy Harvin. It was similar to Ryan Mallett although I think there was more confirmable evidence. The big difference was that where Mallett's coaches and people surrounding Arkansas went to bat HARD for him both publicly and privately...I remember the Florida coaches and people around that program refusing to even go to bat for Percy publicly, let alone privately. I remember public statements about Percy Harvin living in Percy Harvin-land, having major problems, etc. No coincidence that fast forward a few years, he's had major character issues in Minnesota, including a concerted effort to try and get his Head Coach fired, including assault with a deadly weapon (throwing a weight slab at a guy's head qualifies), and his time there seems to be ending with a surprise trade request. No coincidence at all. Essentially everything that was whispered about Percy Harvin coming out of college has been realized in the pros in full. He's easily the headache that people feared coming out of college.

And people want to trade for this guy? No way. N-O. No.

Trading for Harvin would be a de facto admission that trading Brandon Marshall away for two 3rd round picks was an IDIOTIC MOVE. Harvin is a BIGGER headache than Marshall, figuratively and literally, and not nearly as talented.

At another board I post at, there was a thread where people posted things they personally knew about athletes that were not common knowledge. Some of the Percy Harvin stories were just ridiculous. I recall one in particular where Percy was at a party and a gun was drawn and pointed at him and Percy basically told the guy he didnt have the balls to pull the trigger. Obviously its the internet and anyone can post anything, but there were enough Percy stories in that thread to let me know that he is a ticking time bomb.

Back
Top Bottom