Percy may be available after all | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Percy may be available after all

Percy harvin almost leads the league in all purpose yards every year... ya he hasnt reached a 1000 yard season... but who was his qb every year cmon with a good qb percy would b the most electrifying player in this league he was on pace to shatter records this year but was shut down because an injury and an argument with the coaching staff.. I would love him on our team he can play receiver, running back, kr hes an all around beast n would be better than alot of those other guys everyone is talking about... some of u all just dont no football... he was being said to be the mvp for the Viking s b4 he got injured and I recall ap saying him and percy was like having to mjs on one team.... hes better than any player we've ever had at that position n he comes with no bagadge
We already have an all purpose yards player in Reggie Bush and we barely even use him properly. Sorry I think we keep Bush and look for more of a traditional receiver, like Jennings rather than add Percy. If Percy is cool with a fair contract I won't mind it though but it looks to me he wants DeSean Jackson money which is not happening here, at least I hope. Mike Wallace and Jennings are more deserving of that type of contract.

For all of you saying Percy is injury prone you might want to do a little research. He spent a ton of time at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester and they found out his migraines were due to sleep apnia. Since then they havn't given him a problem at all. This year he injured his ankle after being tackled from behind. It was a freak injury as the defender's momentem caused him to roll over Percy's leg. I don't see how from that information you consider him injury prone.

And those of you who think Percy isn't one of the most electric players in the league you should probably do yourselfs a favor and just watch a couple Vikings games. He is mister all purpose. He ran the ball out of the backfield, caught tons of passes and is an all world return man. SMDH at people who don't know the talent this kid has.

One thing is for sure as well, if the Patriots can make a trade for him they will and they will also have no problem letting Welker go if they do. That is a scenario I do not want to see happen.

We already have an all purpose yards player in Reggie Bush and we barely even use him properly. Sorry I think we keep Bush and look for more of a traditional receiver, like Jennings rather than add Percy. If Percy is cool with a fair contract I won't mind it though but it looks to me he wants DeSean Jackson money which is not happening here, at least I hope. Mike Wallace and Jennings are more deserving of that type of contract.

Percy is a receiver and return man first and a RB second. Plus he is way more talented than reggie. Funny thing is that based on skill set and shear ability Percy deserves DeSean Jackson money more than DeSean does.

Trading a 3rd for Harvin would be ok. Harvin could return kicks and be the #2 wr if Miami say signs Jennings and drafts a wr too like Keenan Allen. Then release thigpen. I wouldn't mind a receiving core of greg Jennings, Percy Harvin, Keenan Allen, Brian hartline, Davone bess and rishard Matthews

If Harvin becomes available it will be because the folks in Minnesota have figured out something about his personality not his ability on the field. Harvin had quite a reputation here in Gator country, but a lot was overlooked because of what he could do between the lines. IDK he's a Philbin type.

No thanks, he's not even that good.

Thank you for this post
I now know to ignore every single thing you say with regards to scouting a player.

edit: for more substance... Percy is being ridden HARD. If he were given just a WR role, the guy would excel. Instead, he's their only playmaker besides AdP. This means he has to work his ass off on EVERYTHING, because they are just that bad.

If Miami delegated him to solely WR, he'd be putting up numbers that would make DeSean Jackson blush. He'd be discussed in the same breath as Mike Wallace. Percy Harvin would be a fantastic WR to have on our team when it's gameday.

But he doesn't fit the mold of Philbin. Miami doesn't grab him. I'd be shocked if they did.

Before this season he has missed 3 games in his career. He got an ankle injury this year over extending himself for the team. Their entire offense was give the ball to AP or Percy... THATS IT! I don't see the "injury concern" point that people keep bringing up.

And that fact that "he's not that good" - REALLY?! What are you basing that off of?

This 100%. I'm pretty sure the migraines are non-issue at this point

I don't understand why people knock Marshall for not making the playoffs. The guy is a receiver, which means he's a roleplayer, a pretty damn good one too, but I don't like the drops in big games which is why I don't want Bowe either.

But still, you guys make it sound like the Patriots would not be in the playoffs if they had him.

I certainly don't think WR's are role players. IMHO, they are feature players and its uncommon to find a great team without at least 1 top notch WR. The reason there are so many diva WR's these days are because they are so important, that teams will put up with their antics if they are good.

The Patriots revolve around Brady, but after him who are their stars? Not the revolving door or RB's, but the WR's and pass catching TE's around which their passing game is built. I would say only San Fran is a top team without a top receiver.

As an offense we want to be Green Bay south. For this to happen we need quick WR's who are great at creating separation, running great routes, and have great hands. Marshall has bad hands, is a bad route runner and has a disruptive impact on the locker room. He doesn't fit our offense and had to go. The only argument is how much we got.

WCO offenses are built around precise route running, accurate passing, reliable catching, and ability to run after the catch. If the offense has those things it is unstoppable.

We all want the guy who is 6'4 with deep speed, but if they don't have the stuff I described above, they will stall our offense. In the draft, only Justin Hunter and maybe that kid from Va. Tech have that profile. Neither has great hands to be a reliable catcher, and only Hunter looks like he has the makings of a good NFL WR. But, someone like Cordarrelle Patterson has less red zone ability but boatloads of RAC and is a great fit. He does need to improve his route running and hands before he is ready to play, so he is also a bit of a project.

Robert Woods and Keenan Allen may not be the physical specimens, but they fit the WCO well. Woods is smaller but fast. Allen doesn't have quite the deep speed but he is bigger. Those guys or Ryan Swope would be great fits.

Marshall is better fit for down field passing teams IMHO.

perhaps we give them our late 2nd and they give us percy and a 4th.

We have several players who aren't "available" for a "reason"... NO ONE WANTS THEM.

Harvin is better than those guys and adds more to this team. I am NOT a fan of Thomas or Miller.

Just because a guy is "available" does NOT mean he is garbage and/or washed up.

Could you imagine Wallace or Bowe opposite Harvin? That would be a WR corps. Pipe dream...I know. Lol

What about his clutch reception on a jump ball against Seattle that set up the game winning field goal with no time remaining. We could go on for days with this...

It was a field goal to tie the game. Seattle won it in over time.

Back
Top Bottom