Peter King on Moore, Dolphins Season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on Moore, Dolphins Season

Ill say this: I like Moore, I really do but we need to be sober here.

Moore was not game planned for. The jets planned for Cutler, watched tape on cutler, was expecting cutler and the way he played.

When Moore came on the field they immediately got a team that they didn't plan for.

I have seen it to many times before in the past. Backup QB comes in and lights the place up just to get Killed the following few games when teams are game planning for him.

The Moore is trash threads will be plentiful the first bad game he has. Everyone loved him yesterday and it was a great showing but let him mess up.

Last edited:
I am glad Moore is in because the offense just seemed to lack chemistry with Cutler that is there with Moore.....but lets be honest, Moore played well against nonplayoff teams last year to get us into the playoffs. When we played New England to end the season and the Steelers during the playoffs, Moore played well in spots but made the key mistakes he is prone to against good teams that cost us the games. I am sure Gase thought about this when bringing in Cutler. Matt Moore also did not look good during preseason....which he has a history of being more of a gamer and not a practicer/preseason guy.

I don't blame Gase for bringing in Cutler because Moore has shown a tendency to make the big mistake against the better teams we face that cost us the games. Sad but true, because he seems to play well except in those stretches that end up being the difference.

Not much to say here man......Moore is a confident guy and isn't afraid to put the ball in the air. The one knock I have on him is, he's not aggressive on wanting to play or be a starter in this league. He seems content to be a backup making plenty of money and just chilling. If he felt bad about bringing in Cutler, why didn't he voice that concern and beat him out in training camp? unless he wasn't given that opportunity.

I think Moore is the ultimate team player. He probably wanted to be the starter and was likely at least a bit disappointed when Cutler was brought it. But he wasn't going to say anything to rock the boat.

Speaks volumes that he was ready to play when called upon.

Not much to say here man......Moore is a confident guy and isn't afraid to put the ball in the air. The one knock I have on him is, he's not aggressive on wanting to play or be a starter in this league. He seems content to be a backup making plenty of money and just chilling. If he felt bad about bringing in Cutler, why didn't he voice that concern and beat him out in training camp? unless he wasn't given that opportunity.
How do you know he's not aggressive in wanting to be a starter? Your statement has zero facts. Moore was upset cutler was brought in. Maybe just maybe no one wanted him as a starter. Can't believe your making statements like this about a guy you don't know

Ill say this: I like Moore, I really do but we need to be sober here.

Moore was not game planned for. The jets planned for Cutler, watched tape on cutler, was expecting cutler and the way he played.

When Moore came on the field they immediately got a team that they didn't plan for.

I have seen it to many times before in the past. Backup QB comes in and lights the place up just to get Killed the following few games when teams are game planning for him.
What game planning for Moore? Technically Cutler and Moore are more similar than not. Both are by definition pocket passers with limited mobility. The difference is that Moore hit the receivers deep and consistent to beat the stacked line and Cutler didn't, couldn't, didn't want to.

The Jets were able to game plan last year for Moore and he lit them up and there is a much bigger difference between Tannehill and Moore.

What game planning for Moore? Technically Cutler and Moore are more similar than not. Both are by definition pocket passers with limited mobility. The difference is that Moore hit the receivers deep and consistent to beat the stacked line and Cutler didn't, couldn't, didn't want to.

The Jets were able to game plan last year for Moore and he lit them up and there is a much bigger difference between Tannehill and Moore.

Don't disagree, except, . . . MM actually threw some deep balls and connected on quite a few. Thus, IMO, Miami may start seeing 8-in-the-box instead of 9. And, looked to me, MM moved around in the pocket a little bettr.

Cutler did his best, I believe that and will give a 100% when he's called upon again in a month.

Moore is what he is, a chicken with his head off. He's good for a spark but it's not sustainable. We knew everything about Matt Moore and Jay Cutler, as players, before the season started. They are both exactly who we know them to be.

They are not and will not be Ryan Tannehill. The Miami Dolphins would unquestionably be 6-0 and sitting perched a top the entire NFL right now with it's commander at the helm.

I will root for this team to win as much as possible, to be as good as possible and come 2018 they will be primed to take that next step when their leader returns. A few weeks ago it looked like we were heading towards a possible 4-12 season and a potential top 5.

Now we are 4-2 and showing that even despite our deficiencies at the most critical position in sports, our team is good enough to compete with just about anyone.

How do you know he's not aggressive in wanting to be a starter? Your statement has zero facts. Moore was upset cutler was brought in. Maybe just maybe no one wanted him as a starter. Can't believe your making statements like this about a guy you don't know

I think he's trying to say there's been no indicators throughout his entire to career to suggest that. I mean come on..he couldn't go to the Browns, Jets, or even the 49ers to try and at least start? I honestly haven't seen anything where it shows Matt was upset that his job got taking away from him. I agree the FO didn't want to go into the season with Matt Moore but if he's as good as a lot think, wouldn't the FO say screw spending $10 mil on a retired QB we have Moore. I love and respect Matt on and off the field but he's shown no difference in wanting to be a starter. If Mike Glennon could garner $15 mil a year, Moore should be able to land $8-$10 even at his age. I've met Matt many times and the guy is a complete stand up guy. I just never understood how a guy who has enough tools hasn't really tried to start. Maybe, sitting on the bench for $4 mil a year is better than getting crushed and guarantee some sort of brain injury. He was a FA and decided to stay in Miami as a back up. That's extremely rare and a little weird. We all don't know. It just seems a little strange with a guy that has the heart, soul, and can be a winning NFL QB wasn't interested when he had his chance. Whatever, I'll take Matt as a back up. Once again, he saved our asses!! PHINS UP!! And Thank you Matt. You're the man and a true Fin!!

Last edited:
Look I am the biggest Cutler critic on the site, but it looked and felt like a different, faster, more energetic and much better O from the second Moore walked onto the field - we must all have felt that?

Ya for sure. Although, I thought Cutler played his best and most comfortable game yesterday. It sucks the stats don't show Pass Int calls but man is it luxury to have a guy like Matt to come in and win a pivotal game in that fashion. He's just a laid back LA kid that can change a game with one play. Awesome game all around!! We're 4-2 without our starting QB!! This is good for Gase so it doesn't have to be his call on the QB situation. Moore it is!!
PHINS UP!!!

Don't disagree, except, . . . MM actually threw some deep balls and connected on quite a few. Thus, IMO, Miami may start seeing 8-in-the-box instead of 9. And, looked to me, MM moved around in the pocket a little bettr.
If they put 8 in the box Moore will tear them apart. They have to double Stills. Moore identified a weakness in the secondary. I think his name is Shrine or something like that. Both TDs to Stills came when that guy was in coverage. That's what QBs do. Identify a weakness and pick on it. 9 out of 10 times the Moore-Still connection in single coverage will be a completion.
Linebackers have to back off to cover the middle of the field.
I dare the Ravens to put 8 in the box.

If they put 8 in the box Moore will tear them apart. They have to double Stills. Moore identified a weakness in the secondary. I think his name is Shrine or something like that. Both TDs to Stills came when that guy was in coverage. That's what QBs do. Identify a weakness and pick on it. 9 out of 10 times the Moore-Still connection in single coverage will be a completion.
Linebackers have to back off to cover the middle of the field.
I dare the Ravens to put 8 in the box.
It's Buster Skrine. He sucks. Picture Benny Sapp when he was here. Jet fans hate him lol

Last edited:
Thanks. I was close. :laugh
BUSTer? Perfect name. :roflmao
Sapp? Oh my...wasn't that during the Sparano years?

Back to the theme: good QBs identify these weaknesses.
lol They have been emphasizing BUST in his name for a while now. Easy to see why
Thanks. I was close. :laugh
BUSTer? Perfect name. :roflmao
Sapp? Oh my...wasn't that during the Sparano years?

Back to the theme: good QBs identify these weaknesses.
Lucky for us, I don't remember Sapp being here for that long. The Jets have had Skrine on their roster for a few years now and has sucked ever since!

lol They have been emphasizing BUST in his name for a while now. Easy to see why

Lucky for us, I don't remember Sapp being here for that long. The Jets have had Skrine on their roster for a few years now and has sucked ever since!
I believe he was only here for a season or so. I remember him being cut during the season.

I believe he was only here for a season or so. I remember him being cut during the season.

I could have sworn a lot of us wanted Skrine in FA. Thankfully that didn't happen. He makes Bobby McCain look good. No Bobby love today?? (: He finally did something and in doing so saved our asses!! Thanks Bobby...for once (literally)

Back
Top Bottom