Peter King on Moore, Dolphins Season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on Moore, Dolphins Season

If they put 8 in the box Moore will tear them apart. They have to double Stills. Moore identified a weakness in the secondary. I think his name is Shrine or something like that. Both TDs to Stills came when that guy was in coverage. That's what QBs do. Identify a weakness and pick on it. 9 out of 10 times the Moore-Still connection in single coverage will be a completion.
Linebackers have to back off to cover the middle of the field.
I dare the Ravens to put 8 in the box.

Moore can be baited by good defences. He struggles identifying coverages. He will throw picks.

Having said that, he looks lightyears better than Cutler did. I'll take the good with the bad with Moore.

Don't want to sit through another game watching Cutler bailing, and throwing off his back foot, to no one. I've seen more than enough of that.

How do you know he's not aggressive in wanting to be a starter? Your statement has zero facts. Moore was upset cutler was brought in. Maybe just maybe no one wanted him as a starter. Can't believe your making statements like this about a guy you don't know
Chill out Mr. Happy......All I am saying is, Matt seems content to be a backup for the Miami Dolphins for what ...his entire career. Even when he became a FA, I don't remember him making the rounds around the league demanding to be a starter or at least asking for the opportunity to start. He always SEEMS to be ok with being a backup...that's all.

We don't know how Moore was feeling when this all went down during the summer.

Based on what you're saying, I don't think that's the case about Moore. Yesterday, when they interviewed Moore right after the game, the line of questioning asked by the field reporter was pretty much on that topic (The signing of Cutler). Moore was very professional and said the right thing. BUT...from how he answered the question, and his demeanor, I felt he was not happy with Coach Gase's decision to sign Cutler. His mouth was saying one thing, but his demeanor and facial expression may be believe there was more to it.

Also, If you're #2 is content about being the backup, than you shouldn't want him on your roster. #2s are supposed to push your #1, they are supposed to learn off each other. Moore is very competitive, you are wrong if you think he does not want to be on the field playing. Moore is a team player who let the front office do their job although he disagreed. I believe he felt slighted after helping the team last season and not given consideration to start after Tannehill went down in August but wasn't going to rock the boat.

I picked up on that too.
It is Cutler and Gase in one corner, and the players and Moore in the other.
The box was created by Gase.

I picked up on that too.
It is Cutler and Gase in one corner, and the players and Moore in the other.
The box was created by Gase.
That's a pretty strong statement. Do you have any evidence to back it up? Or are you just projecting your own feelings on the players maybe?

I dont have any feelings one way or the other.
It has was obvious that the team rallied and gave better effort once Moore took over the offense.
The conclusion I reached was the statement above.

I dont have any feelings one way or the other.
It has was obvious that the team rallied and gave better effort once Moore took over the offense.
The conclusion I reached was the statement above.
I just don't see how people can claim the locker room is divided when it comes to Cutler/Moore, when we've seen the last two weeks the team rally together to come back from 17 and 14 point deficits. But that's just my opinion.

I just don't see how people can claim the locker room is divided when it comes to Cutler/Moore, when we've seen the last two weeks the team rally together to come back from 17 and 14 point deficits. But that's just my opinion.

No you're right lol We may not like Cutler (although I thought he played his best game last week). Jarvis Landry (Our Leader on Offense) sure stood up for him when the fans starting chanting "We want Moore" I'm not in the locker room like other fans seem to be but they look like a "team" willing to do whatever for each other.

I think he's trying to say there's been no indicators throughout his entire to career to suggest that. I mean come on..he couldn't go to the Browns, Jets, or even the 49ers to try and at least start? I honestly haven't seen anything where it shows Matt was upset that his job got taking away from him. I agree the FO didn't want to go into the season with Matt Moore but if he's as good as a lot think, wouldn't the FO say screw spending $10 mil on a retired QB we have Moore. I love and respect Matt on and off the field but he's shown no difference in wanting to be a starter. If Mike Glennon could garner $15 mil a year, Moore should be able to land $8-$10 even at his age. I've met Matt many times and the guy is a complete stand up guy. I just never understood how a guy who has enough tools hasn't really tried to start. Maybe, sitting on the bench for $4 mil a year is better than getting crushed and guarantee some sort of brain injury. He was a FA and decided to stay in Miami as a back up. That's extremely rare and a little weird. We all don't know. It just seems a little strange with a guy that has the heart, soul, and can be a winning NFL QB wasn't interested when he had his chance. Whatever, I'll take Matt as a back up. Once again, he saved our asses!! PHINS UP!! And Thank you Matt. You're the man and a true Fin!!
show me the facts/proof those teams called and wanted matt Moore on their team I'll wait......

Chill out Mr. Happy......All I am saying is, Matt seems content to be a backup for the Miami Dolphins for what ...his entire career. Even when he became a FA, I don't remember him making the rounds around the league demanding to be a starter or at least asking for the opportunity to start. He always SEEMS to be ok with being a backup...that's all.
Show me proof that matt Moore had interest from other teams to be the starter, I'll wait......... he wouldnt be making rounds if his agent knows there's no team willing to make him a starter . Why be a backup on a new team when he can stay here in the same role. So unless you can prove he turned down starting jobs, again your statement has zero facts to. also there was a article stating matt Moore was mad we brought in cutler so.....

That's because he's clearly content like you're saying. How do people know Moore wants to be a starter? What info can someone please show me that proves that point? I actually want to see it. Maybe just maybe the FO also believes Moore is too content with holding a clipboard. Right now, Matt Moore is our savior ,but can we please stop acting like he's had a stellar career, cared about starting (EVER), and the Rich Gannon comparisons are crazy. We've gotten that much behind Moore where we consider him as good as an NFL MVP lol

Career highlights and awards
Career history

I could have sworn a lot of us wanted Skrine in FA. Thankfully that didn't happen. He makes Bobby McCain look good. No Bobby love today?? :) He finally did something and in doing so saved our asses!! Thanks Bobby...for once (literally)
I've been saying for weeks that Bobby McCain is one of the biggest improvers on the team but not enough people see it. Just last week we had someone on here saying that he's the worst player on the roster and needs to be dumped. The reality is that he plays a very difficult position and competes really hard. Really delighted to see that he made the big interception to set up the field position for the Parkey field goal. Go Bobby!

show me the facts/proof those teams called and wanted matt Moore on their team I'll wait......

Why wouldn't they?? He's better than Jay Cutler who has been a starter his entire career lol I don't claim to hold a seat in the FO ,so you'll never see that nor am I his agent so yes waiting would be smart. The fact remains that if he is as good as you think he would be able to start somewhere. Did you forget we played Josh McCown last week? A starting QB in the NFL. Somehow throughout Matt's entire career, he NEVER was a starter. Why though? He's our savior. Cutler hasn't had an issue starting. The problem is there aren't any facts because he has been content being a back up. You're telling me he couldn't start over Brian Hoyer lead teams or Josh Mccown? Either the coaches think he isn't a starter or he doesn't care to be. What evidence tells you otherwise? He's been a FA. I've NEVER heard anything about Matt wanting to be the starter.. You have? I'll wait...

I've been saying for weeks that Bobby McCain is one of the biggest improvers on the team but not enough people see it. Just last week we had someone on here saying that he's the worst player on the roster and needs to be dumped. The reality is that he plays a very difficult position and competes really hard. Really delighted to see that he made the big interception to set up the field position for the Parkey field goal. Go Bobby!

That was huge for his confidence. Yes, Jarvis shows us every week how hard it is to defend the slot receiver position(and they're getting better). Parkey has been awesome!! Love it!! Well thank god they're not the GM because we might have another loss against the Jets if it weren't for Bobby. So thank you Bobby for the GW int!! PHINS UP!!

Show me proof that matt Moore had interest from other teams to be the starter, I'll wait......... he wouldnt be making rounds if his agent knows there's no team willing to make him a starter . Why be a backup on a new team when he can stay here in the same role. So unless you can prove he turned down starting jobs, again your statement has zero facts to. also there was a article stating matt Moore was mad we brought in cutler so.....

If he's starting material, why would he not have not been a starter? My answer..he never wanted to be. It's probably a smart decision because he won't have CTE like 95% of the league will. It's either that or it's because he isn't good enough. When Josh Mccown is starting, isn't it a little odd to you that Matt (who's better IMO) is content being a backup? He's shown no urgency to get traded or released in hopes of being a starter. After he had 16 tds and 9 ints, we still drafted Tannehill. "Most" competitors would have said "Fack that, release me. If Brian Hoyer could start on multiple teams, why am I being treated like this?" He's never been a regular starter. Why not? Not even trying to argue. Why don't you believe he's never started? Before you do, look around the league at the bums who have started.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom