Peter King says we take Dalton at 15 or trade down. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King says we take Dalton at 15 or trade down.

That's what I have been saying from day-1. The second I heard his name mentioned as a possible starter in the NFL, I was like 'Whoa, hold everything.' You can't survive in the NFL by only throwing 5-15 yard passes. This kid has some of the worst looking sideline throws of anyone in the draft. He didn't have to do it much at TCU, so people gloss over the fact . . . but holy **** . . . even in a West Coast offense, I see his arm being a hindrance.

it's chad pennington all over again...if you ask me...and these guys have man love for penny type qb play...flood the middle of the field with defenders and jump anything to the far outside cause the balls gonna float...basically another damn game manager...instead of a playmaker

imo

kid better have penny like anticipation and timing or its gonna be curtains on his pro career as an nfl capable starter

Well the only positive in drafting Dalton is that next year Our new coaches will be in a Prime spot to draft Andrew Luck.

That's the thing though, before this regime makes that kind of mistake . . . I rather them draft a Pouncey or Ingram, let Henne sink them if he doesn't show improvement and let the new regime get a chance at Luck, or whoever in 2012.

it's chad pennington all over again...if you ask me...and these guys have man love for penny type qb play...flood the middle of the field with defenders and jump anything to the far outside cause the balls gonna float...basically another damn game manager...instead of a playmaker

imo

kid better have penny like anticipation and timing or its gonna be curtains on his pro career as an nfl capable starter

You can do alot worse than Chad Pennington. Chad pre shoulder injury was one of the best QBs in the game. If Dalton turns out to be as good as Chad whoever drafts him is going to be very happy. There are very few Brady/Manning types around.

That's the thing though, before this regime makes that kind of mistake . . . I rather them draft a Pouncey or Ingram, let Henne sink them if he doesn't show improvement and let the new regime get a chance at Luck, or whoever in 2012.

exactly...ingrams a better back than anyone who would come out next year anyways...if daltons truly the play my god pass on qb this year...look to 2012 when you have a top rb for the future and a chance at a better qb prospect early in round 1...not to mention a pick in every round to move up with if need be

You can do alot worse than Chad Pennington. Chad pre shoulder injury was one of the best QBs in the game. If Dalton turns out to be as good as Chad whoever drafts him is going to be very happy. There are very few Brady/Manning types around.

feed that penny was one of the best qbs in the game crap elsewhere bro...get real...

feed that penny was one of the best qbs in the game crap elsewhere bro...get real...

It's true. In '02 he was the 2nd best QB in the game, he got hurt in '03 and was having a great year in '04 before he hurt his shoulder. In every year he has played at least 3/4 of games he has led his team to the playoffs. Sorry if he doesn't wow you enough but playing QB is about winning and Chad was a winner. Have you noticed Miami was terible pre chad and haven't come close to the playoffs post Chad? That's not a coincidence.

It's true. In '02 he was the 2nd best QB in the game, he got hurt in '03 and was having a great year in '04 before he hurt his shoulder. In every year he has played at least 3/4 of games he has led his team to the playoffs. Sorry if he doesn't wow you enough but playing QB is about winning and Chad was a winner. Have you noticed Miami was terible pre chad and haven't come close to the playoffs post Chad? That's not a coincidence.

you are crazy with that penny stuff...thats all i got to say...

anyways...this isn't about penny...this is about our draft pick qb for the future...and dammit i want a playmaker at qb a game changer not a game manager which is exactly what pennys been his whole career

who here thinks that if miami drafts andy dalton as our qb prospect in round 1 we are not locks to draft in the lottery again in 2012??? LOCKS

that picks got top 10 written all over it...get the qb in 2012 if daltons the guy this year...

you are crazy with that penny stuff...thats all i got to say...

anyways...this isn't about penny...this is about our draft pick qb for the future...and dammit i want a playmaker at qb a game changer not a game manager which is exactly what pennys been his whole career

The proof is in the record.

who here thinks that if miami drafts andy dalton as our qb prospect in round 1 we are not locks to draft in the lottery again in 2012??? LOCKS

that picks got top 10 written all over it...get the qb in 2012 if daltons the guy this year...

There's no lottery so I would say there's no chance :D

I think henne is starting regardless and if he improves you'll have a chance to be a playoff contender. I don't think any of these QBs you guys want are going to start day 1 anyway.

junc...go back to the main board please...i don't care what your take is...

well whether we like it or not, it sounds like Dalton has a solid first round grade from several teams. He has a lot of things to like about him, but I don't know how I feel about him being a franchise QB.

Though I will say in the case of both Dalton and Ponder they have the leadership qualities and football IQs a lot of teams like in their QBs. They aren't the big armed guys, but they have intangibles.

Not saying I want Dalton (though if we draft any QB I'll be open to giving them a chance) but just making a case for him.

I haven't read/heard a good case for taking Dalton before the 4th or 5th RD. Anyone hyping him as a 2nd or - lmfao - 1st RD prospect, swells his case with inaccurate information. Any positive reviews I've read for Dalton claim he's a better athlete than he is, claim he played in a more relevant system than he did, claim he's smarter than he is, claim his arm is better than it is, etc. It's not even one of those C. Newton things where I can see why Slimm is knocking him and I just have a different take on how everything will translate. It's flat-out misinformation with Dalton. Crazy.

I haven't read/heard a good case for taking Dalton before the 4th or 5th RD. Anyone hyping him as a 2nd or - lmfao - 1st RD prospect, swells his case with inaccurate information. Any positive reviews I've read for Dalton claim he's a better athlete than he is, claim he played in a more relevant system than he did, claim he's smarter than he is, claim his arm is better than it is, etc. It's not even one of those C. Newton things where I can see why Slimm is knocking him and I just have a different take on how everything will translate. It's flat-out misinformation with Dalton. Crazy.

i think it comes down to dalton possesses the leadership qualities and the football iq gms and teams covet like chambers says...however if the guys not a 1st round talent don't take him in the first damn round...and especially in the top half of round 1

daltons physical talents only resonate so much with me...and the 4th rounds as far as i can take it

i think it comes down to dalton possesses the leadership qualities and the football iq gms and teams covet like chambers says...however if the guys not a 1st round talent don't take him in the first damn round...and especially in the top half of round 1

daltons physical talents only resonate so much with me...and the 4th rounds as far as i can take it

Exactly. To me, he's only slightly better than G. McCelroy. McCelroy holds the ball too much and isn't as athletic as Dalton, but at least McCelroy can make a goddamn sideline throw.

Back
Top Bottom