Peter King says we take Dalton at 15 or trade down. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King says we take Dalton at 15 or trade down.

Stop acting like a jerk. if you cannot get into a civil debate then don't bother responding.

i don't want to talk about penny in the draft forum...i brought him up cause dalton reminds me from a physical abilities stance of penny...limited arm etc...i've beaten the chad pennington thing to death on these forums for the last few years

and i don't want to hear some dude tell me penny was one of the best qbs in the game...i know better than that...i don't care what the win loss record says in the regular season or the completion percentage etc...

stick to the topic please or move on...

Exactly. To me, he's only slightly better than G. McCelroy. McCelroy holds the ball too much and isn't as athletic as Dalton, but at least McCelroy can make a goddamn sideline throw.

mcelroys got nfl clip board holder upside imo...i'd definitely take dalton over him...but i don't want either

i don't want to talk about penny in the draft forum...i brought him up cause dalton reminds me from a physical abilities stance of penny...limited arm etc...i've beaten the chad pennington thing to death on these forums for the last few years

and i don't want to hear some dude tell me penny was one of the best qbs in the game...i know better than that...i don't care what the win loss record says in the regular season or the completion percentage etc...

stick to the topic please or move on...

You brought him up and whether you acknowledge it or not he was one of the best QBs in the game. Not on a Brady/Manning level but he was a top 10 QB most of his career despite what the #s show.

If you can compare the 2 then it is a relevant topic. All I said was Chad was good and if Dalton turned out to be like Chad whoever takes him will be happy then you went off on a rant. Relax, the point of the draft is projecting players into what they can become so it is relevant in this discussion.

Sorry if this offends you, that is not the intent.

It's true. In '02 he was the 2nd best QB in the game, he got hurt in '03 and was having a great year in '04 before he hurt his shoulder. In every year he has played at least 3/4 of games he has led his team to the playoffs. Sorry if he doesn't wow you enough but playing QB is about winning and Chad was a winner. Have you noticed Miami was terible pre chad and haven't come close to the playoffs post Chad? That's not a coincidence.

Your right, and if making the playoffs was all that mattered Penny was good enough. But his limited ability was exposed against better defenses. High percentage safe throws which jacked up his numbers, if he had 00' Ravens defense or 02' Bucs defense to support him.....that might be good enough.

It being rare to have a defense that good, I'd rather have a playmaking QB. Marino in his prime had a shot to win a Superbowl because of his playmaking, he had no defense and no great runner. If he had not run into one of the greatest teams in history (the 84' 18-1 Niners), he'd probably being sporting his ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right, and if making the playoffs was all that mattered Penny was good enough. But his limited ability was exposed against better defenses. High percentage safe throws which jacked up his numbers, if he had 00' Ravens defense or 02' Bucs defense to support him.....that might good enough.

It being rare to have a defense that good, I'd rather have a playmaking QB. Marino in his prime had a shot to win a Superbowl because of his playmaking, he had no defense and no great runner. If he had not run into one of the greatest teams in history (the 84' 18-1 Niners), he'd probably being sporting his ring.

I don't think he was exposed. In '02 it was his first road playoff game, he wasn't good but nobody was on that offense. In '04 he was playing w/ a trn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder and had us w/in a missed FG of the title game. was he Marino? Of course not. Marino is a top 5 all time QB, there's not a sane football person on the planet who would take Chad over Dan but guys like Dan come along once in a generation. They are hard to find. The question in this draft is do you take a guy w/ more physical talent b/c their ceiling might be higher or do you go w/ a safer guy who will likely be a solid starter but not a top flight QB? I don't see any slam dunk QBs in the draft unlike a year ago w/ Bradford so I like Dalton and if my team needed a QB I'd have no problem w/ them taking him. Taking him at 15 may be high but just evaluating the player I like Dalton even though most do not.

I see Dalton's arm as inferior to Penny's - when Pennington was coming out.

it reminds me of pennys arm that we have come to know in miami...daltons current arm reminds me of pennys in 08-10...and imo it limits what you can do on offense

You brought him up and whether you acknowledge it or not he was one of the best QBs in the game. Not on a Brady/Manning level but he was a top 10 QB most of his career despite what the #s show.

If you can compare the 2 then it is a relevant topic. All I said was Chad was good and if Dalton turned out to be like Chad whoever takes him will be happy then you went off on a rant. Relax, the point of the draft is projecting players into what they can become so it is relevant in this discussion.

Sorry if this offends you, that is not the intent.

i will disagree with that til the day i die...bluefin gets it...you don't...thats fine...on to other things

Sorry to break this to ya, but Aqua & Orange's quote was FUNNY.

See below definition for further clarification:

funny [ˈfʌnɪ]
adj -nier, -niest 1. causing amusement or laughter; humorous; comical

In the meantime...............

hulkavl3-1.jpg
4532 Ocean BLVD, Gulf Side, Siesta Key Florida, 34242.

Come get some.

it reminds me of pennys arm that we have come to know in miami...daltons current arm reminds me of pennys in 08-10...and imo it limits what you can do on offense

At least Pennington, though, was accurate with his sideline throws. If we had a 1st and 10 with the box stacked and his receiver created enough separation, Pennington would put the ball on the money; it'd just take forever to get there. Dalton's throws float and are inaccurate.

I, do, though agree that his arm reminds me of a post-10,000,000 shoulder surgeries Chad Pennington.

At least Pennington, though, was accurate with his sideline throws. If we had a 1st and 10 with the box stacked and his receiver created enough separation, Pennington would put the ball on the money; it'd just take forever to get there. Dalton's throws float and are inaccurate.

I, do, though agree that his arm reminds me of a post-10,000,000 shoulder surgeries Chad Pennington.

i did forget to mention pennys accuracy which i agree was top notch...although accuracy without arm strength on throws to the far sideline is dicey at best at the nfl level...and yeah i agree daltons accuracy to me isn't close to penny level

making him even more risky a high pick

I don't think he was exposed. In '02 it was his first road playoff game, he wasn't good but nobody was on that offense. In '04 he was playing w/ a trn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder and had us w/in a missed FG of the title game. was he Marino? Of course not. Marino is a top 5 all time QB, there's not a sane football person on the planet who would take Chad over Dan but guys like Dan come along once in a generation. They are hard to find. The question in this draft is do you take a guy w/ more physical talent b/c their ceiling might be higher or do you go w/ a safer guy who will likely be a solid starter but not a top flight QB? I don't see any slam dunk QBs in the draft unlike a year ago w/ Bradford so I like Dalton and if my team needed a QB I'd have no problem w/ them taking him. Taking him at 15 may be high but just evaluating the player I like Dalton even though most do not.

Playing it safe gets you beat, gambling on greatness it's what its all about.

The Steelers finally got over the top when they gambled on Big Ben after years of trying to make do at quarterback. Whether you like Eli Manning or not, he made the plays that won the Giants a Superbowl. Matt Ryan looks promising to lead Atlanta to greatness in the near future.

And if Sanchez develops, the Jets might finally win it all soon.

You have to go get your QB in this league to be successful, like the teams above.

Playing it safe gets you beat, gambling on greatness it's what its all about.

The Steelers finally got over the top when they gambled on Big Ben after years of trying to make do at quarterback. Whether you like Eli Manning or not, he made the plays that won the Giants a Superbowl. Matt Ryan looks promising to lead Atlanta to greatness in the near future.

And if Sanchez develops, the Jets might finally win it all soon.

You have to go get your QB in this league to be successful, like the teams above.
Maybe but gambling a high pick on a QB that doesn't pan out can set your franchise back years.

Eli made some plays but he's been in the league 7 years and has won playoff games in one of those years. I realize he won a SB but in 6 of 7 seasons he hasn't won a playoff game.

I think Eli, Ryan, etc... were safe picks. Sanchez and ben were a ltitle riskier but for the success of those QBs there are a million that didn't pan out.

Back
Top Bottom