PFC grades Miami Offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFC grades Miami Offseason

fint0xicated

My Son, The Future Classic....
Reaction score
I dont know if this has already been posted...but here you go anyways....

http://www.profootballcentral.com/previews/dolphins.htm

".... with the recent problems with Randy McMichael, Ricky Williams and Pro Bowl defensive end Adewale Ogunleye still on going and causing a distraction to this team I can not give them an A so I will have to give them a B+"

I pretty much agree with that. If they would have somehow found a way to snatch Mohammad out of Carolina's hands..I would definitely go with an A.

nice, good read..Agree with just about evrything. Maybe the best written and most accurate article ive seen on the Fins in a while:)

Glad you guys liked it,we put alot of hard work into this grade!

Wow, I am extremely flattered but does any1 want to give us a stiff punch in the stomach just because it hurts? lol :-)

Williams led all AFC running backs last year with 50 receptions
:crazy: LT has 100 receptions and led the AFC WTF :yell:

PFC, one thing I notice you guys had that I didn't know was that Yates is also completing at RG, by far in my opinion he's a good player, last year he got game time while the higher draft pick Whitley didn't even dress. If he starts, I think this will solidify this line, a lot more than if Whitley starts..Jerman maybe better than both, but Yates caught my eye the most last year. What do you think of L. Henry's, I think if Ricky goes down, we're not hurt as much as people think, this kid got some skills. Sitting behind Ricky makes it hard to show those, but he didn't beat out, can't think if name who made the great come back off knee surgury, for nothing..Given a chance I don't think we lose much..just experience. Donald was exceptional for a 1st year guy, if Randy wasn't there, I think he would have started last year..again great depth there. The OL is the biggest question right now and maybe a 3rd reciever. But overall good article, but please look into the RB situation a little more and Yate's ability as a RG if indeed he's completing there.

Brian H, did your fin representative write that article?

" Last year's backup the incumbent Brian Griese did not adapt very well to Miami's offense only looking good against San Diego on October 27th when he completed twenty of twenty nine pass attempts, and threw three touchdowns. Feeley however in 2002, threw for over 1,000 yards in only six games backing up the injured Donovan Mcnabb and if he adapts well to the offense may start game one for Miami."

If Feely was put in the same situation Griese was in last year, I doubt he would've done any better than Griese. You cannot compare Griese to Feely especially since Feely played w/ a team like the eagles compared to Griese coming in after June and an OL like the fins had last year.

"This move was a huge move for Miami because they needed the depth at this position and acquired a young 27 year old player with a lot of potential rather than signing a 34 year old Jeff Garcia, 33 year old Kurt Warner or a 32 year old Kerry Collins. "

We all now Brunnel was Spielman's 1st choice. So that age thing in that article is off.Had he known that Collins and the others would have been released who knows if he would've still gone for Feely.

"Through all the doubt he racked up an impressive 86 completions, on 154 attempts and 6 touchdowns for 1,011 yards in only six games. The stat that jumps out about Feeley is that his ability to hold on to the ball longer rather than throwing into pressure unlike Fielder who sometimes has timing issues threw 13 interceptions last season in only 12 games."

I'm not a Fiedler fan(obviously) but to be fair to the guy, you are once again comparing Feely and the eagles team that made the NFC championship to Fiedler and last years OL. :confused:
Why did you leave out Feely's INTs? he had 5 int's and 4 out of that 5 teams he faced were not playoff teams. Fiedler had to face the bills no. 2 ranked D and the sb champ twice. Not a fair comparisson .How many int's do you think Feely would've had if he had to run for his life like Fiedler did?

Justasportsfan said:
Brian H, did your fin representative write that article?

"This move was a huge move for Miami because they needed the depth at this position and acquired a young 27 year old player with a lot of potential rather than signing a 34 year old Jeff Garcia, 33 year old Kurt Warner or a 32 year old Kerry Collins. "

We all now Brunnel was Spielman's 1st choice. So that age thing in that article is off.Had he known that Collins and the others would have been released who knows if he would've still gone for Feely.

Justa, Finheaven.com is the Miami representative of the site but they did not write this. I myself talked to AJ and a few members of the site and took down alot of notes. Then I spent a few hours researching and then wrote the article,

As far as the Collins quote, who told you Spielman wanted Collins? Do you have any close sources in the Miami organization or with Kerry Collins??

PFCLive said:
Justa, Finheaven.com is the Miami representative of the site but they did not write this. I myself talked to AJ and a few members of the site and took down alot of notes. Then I spent a few hours researching and then wrote the article,

As far as the Collins quote, who told you Spielman wanted Collins? Do you have any close sources in the Miami organization or with Kerry Collins??
No wonder why the article was tailored for finfans to read.

Did I say he wanted Collins " and co." ?

Justasportsfan said:
If Feely was put in the same situation Griese was in last year, I doubt he would've done any better than Griese. You cannot compare Griese to Feely especially since Feely played w/ a team like the eagles compared to Griese coming in after June and an OL like the fins had last year.
I think he would have done a lot better than Griese. Even Feeley has a bit more mobility than Griese, who moves around as if he has cement shoes half the time. When Feeley played for the Eagles he had very little for a receiving core - even Miami had a better one because of Chris Chambers.

Why did you leave out Feely's INTs? he had 5 int's and 4 out of that 5 teams he faced were not playoff teams. Fiedler had to face the bills no. 2 ranked D and the sb champ twice. Not a fair comparisson .How many int's do you think Feely would've had if he had to run for his life like Fiedler did?
It's my belief that Fiedler has a tendancy to try and force too many passes, especially when receivers are being covered well or double covered. Once again I'll bring up the fact the Eagles had no Chris Chambers on their team to catch. Also - if I remember right, which I can't guarantee, some of those INT's Feeley had were because of his receivers inabilities to hold onto the ball and/or run a route right.

Justa, go read the Bills preview and tell me knowing that I am a Bills fan that if I was biased writing that? I put 110% to call it right down the middle and bottomline is Miami had a great offseason not better than Washington due to cap but it was a great offseason......

Back
Top Bottom