PFC grades Miami Offseason | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFC grades Miami Offseason

Phinz4Life said:
I think he would have done a lot better than Griese. Even Feeley has a bit more mobility than Griese, who moves around as if he has cement shoes half the time. When Feeley played for the Eagles he had very little for a receiving core - even Miami had a better one because of Chris Chambers. .
But Feely had a better OL than Fiedler or Griese right? I don't care if Manning was behind that OL throwing to Chambers, he would have had high int nos. Remember Detmer is less mobile than Feely and yet he had waaay better nos. than Feely had and Detmer played against a playoff team. The only playoff team that Feely played, they lost and he wasn't all that.

Phinz4Life said:
It's my belief that Fiedler has a tendancy to try and force too many passes, especially when receivers are being covered well or double covered. Once again I'll bring up the fact the Eagles had no Chris Chambers on their team to catch. Also - if I remember right, which I can't guarantee, some of those INT's Feeley had were because of his receivers inabilities to hold onto the ball and/or run a route right.
Once again, how do you explain Detmers performance playing w/ the same team Feely was playing and having better nos.

Brian, I never said you were biased. It's just that you made Feely look like he was the answer and using the fins OL from last year against Fiedler to make Feely look as such.

Justa, with the way he's looking in camp he will be an impact . I am actually working on getting him or someone from the coaching staff on the show to back this up. Running a NFL website that I do, I have to be unbiased or I'd be in the wrong buisness...

PFCLive said:
Justa, with the way he's looking in camp he will be an impact . I am actually working on getting him or someone from the coaching staff on the show to back this up. Running a NFL website that I do, I have to be unbiased or I'd be in the wrong buisness...
You and I thought Drew would have a great year last year. He had 1 good game against the pats and 1 great game against the Jags. A coach will always say good things on the radio.

BTW, compared to when I first visited your site, it's awsome now. Congratulations. :up:

I think comparing last year's O line that Buffalo had to Miami's o line this year its no comparison. However with Jennings back healty and Brown gone ( which eliminates 60% of the penalities) helps alot. Along with Chris Villairial and probably the best O Line coach in the league next to Joe Bugel in Jim Mcnally Buffalo's o line will look much better as well not to mention Sam Wyche behind Bledsoe....

By the way thanks for the compliment..

I agree with most of the spin in this article. And I think Feeley could be something special at QB. But I must point out one tidbit in the article that could underwhelm readers:

"Feeley however in 2002, threw for over 1,000 yards in only six games backing up the injured Donovan Mcnabb ..."

That averages out to 167 yards a game -- not a very useful statistic for Feeley proponents.

Very good Article, and for the punch to the gut... I believe Jeno is 6'3
Thanks again

PFCLive said:

I am so glad you said that, because some fool on this site said that if you asked the front office about players they would just tell you lies.

Someone also said that you reporters know nothing, and when I said that you know more then the average fan because you have access to places and people we will never have, they just shrugged that fact off.

If you could get anyone from the Dolphins team to talk about the Qb battle it would be much appreciated, because we have biased so called reporters here. Everyone who reports wants Feeley to win, and bash Jay constantly.

An avg of 166yds/game and 1TD/game comes out to around 2600yds and 16TD's for the season, yet the reporter seemed to think this was impressive ( ...6 touchdowns for 1,011 yards in only six games). Also, perhaps some proofreading is in order here ( Last year Thompson was brought in as a free agent last year to be a starter...). The opinion on Ogunleye stated that he had pledged to sit out the entire year but failed to mention that if he is not active for at least 6 games then Miami exclusively retains his rights. In fact, Ogunley had first stated that he would sit out all but the last 6 games, then clarified that because of rules that allowed the Dolphins to make him inactive for a few games after he returned, that he would sit out through week 7.

To me, the whole thing reads like a Phin fan wrote it. That would be OK if it was coming from a Miami Dolphins website, where I would expect to have some smoke blown up my a**. But, the appearance of at least some bias on the reporter's part in addition to the other items that I, as well as others, have pointed out detract from the credibility of a supposedly unbiased organization. At least in my view anyway.

You asked for a punch in the stomach....there you go.

Well I think fiedler threw for 45 yards in the last game of the season lets seeeeeee...........so for a 16 game season that would be 720 yards and 16 ints with 0 touchdowns. Wont make the playoffs with those type of numbers, oh yeah we missed the playoffs last year and the year before, Jay has had one great game in the last 2 years and we blew out dallas on the road. I do not care who starts but jay needs to quit playing like jay and play more like that imposter that played on turkey day, or miami needs to feed that fella alot more turkey.

Explain, Please explain. What is he trying to explain. Maybe he should use smaller words. Maybe uising few numbers would also help to reduce the amount of confusion. NO that would not work at all. Nope not at all the purpose of this board is to dissagree and argue.

yankeehillbilly said:
To me, the whole thing reads like a Phin fan wrote it. That would be OK if it was coming from a Miami Dolphins website, where I would expect to have some smoke blown up my a**. But, the appearance of at least some bias on the reporter's part in addition to the other items that I, as well as others, have pointed out detract from the credibility of a supposedly unbiased organization. At least in my view anyway.

You asked for a punch in the stomach....there you go.

Im a 110% die hard Bills fan always have and always will be. With that said I didnt show any bias at all bashing the Bills with there lack of good free agency moves as it pertains to the O Line. Miami had a better offseason. not better than Washington but better than half of the teams out there. If you think Im a Dolphins fan maybe I should show you my 1,000 card collection of the Bills or something.......

Greatscott127 said:
Explain, Please explain. What is he trying to explain. Maybe he should use smaller words. Maybe uising few numbers would also help to reduce the amount of confusion. NO that would not work at all. Nope not at all the purpose of this board is to dissagree and argue.

If you dissect what I write, it makes me a better person in the end because I learn from my mistakes, See if any espn or SI writer would do the same, dont think they would.......

DolFinatic718 said:
If you could get anyone from the Dolphins team to talk about the Qb battle it would be much appreciated, because we have biased so called reporters here. Everyone who reports wants Feeley to win, and bash Jay constantly.

We had Morlon Greenwood on the show Monday and he spoke about it in depth. It was pretty interesting that he refered to Fiedler as the starter....

Back
Top Bottom