PFF: Dolphins defense ranked #1, special teams ranked #1 ??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF: Dolphins defense ranked #1, special teams ranked #1 ???

no way, no how on the defense.

we have HORRIBLE cb's and the oposing qb's numbers dont lie.

and as the rams showed, if a team can run as well as pass, the finz are not as stout agaisnt the run as they appear.

"oh, but NRA, you dont understand, we havnt allowed a 100 yd rusher in 22 games".......... .

its because its so easy to pass on us. points come from the air [unless your the dolphins], path of least resistance.

a lot of teams run by commitee and share those 100 yds. a good run team like the giants would run on us just fine.

we have out moments for sure. the team IS headed in the right direction, but, we better get some cb's in here who can cover and another pass rusher and a ball hawk safety. THEN we can start talking about a top defense.

Maybe they came up with this in Colorado? They're allowed to smoke anything out there now. Our pass rush is ONE player strong. We can't cover anybody with a 100ft long blanket and our DB's play as if they think catching INT's is agaisnt the rules.

Ozzy rules!!

Yeah our D is nowhere near #1. I havent checked the numbers, but I'd guess we have a top 5 run D and our pass D is somewhere around 20-25. We dont create many TO's, dont get that many sacks, and have 0 td's on the year. Not sure what stat I'm missing that turns that into #1.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Maybe they came up with this in Colorado? They're allowed to smoke anything out there now. Our pass rush is ONE player strong. We can't cover anybody with a 100ft long blanket and our DB's play as if they think catching INT's is agaisnt the rules.

Ozzy rules!!
Yeah I read an article that nearly every one of our DB's grew up playing soccer, where they learned not to touch the ball with their hands. Its a hard habit to break when you learn young.

Good explanation on how they arrive at that conclusion. In this case it just proves for us, the total is far less than the sum of the parts. If they have us as the number 1, they clearly need to go back to the drawing board on how to rank a defense.

NFL players have said that the PFF grades are very close to those of their teams, and have written testimonials stating that. Agents use PFF's rankings in negotiating multi- million dollar contracts for NFL players, and have written testimonials stating that. Guys like ESPN's Scheffter, Mort, and countless other media constantly refer to PFF's rankings, and have written testimonials stating such.

What the hell do all these people, who deal with the NFL for a living, know? Apparently not as much as some posters here, who have never even seen their site. C'MON MAN!!! :)

Yeah our D is nowhere near #1. I havent checked the numbers, but I'd guess we have a top 5 run D and our pass D is somewhere around 20-25. We dont create many TO's, dont get that many sacks, and have 0 td's on the year. Not sure what stat I'm missing that turns that into #1.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Yeah I read an article that nearly every one of our DB's grew up playing soccer, where they learned not to touch the ball with their hands. Its a hard habit to break when you learn young.

lmao...that's funny

Ozzy rules!!

What that means is that the Fins D is no.1 90%+ of the time. The only thing keeping this D from truly being top 1 in this league are the occasionnal brainfarts, which in PFFs ratings, arent that negligible to the overall product...

What that means is that the Fins D is no.1 90%+ of the time. The only thing keeping this D from truly being top 1 in this league are the occasionnal brainfarts, which in PFFs ratings, arent that negligible to the overall product...

Well said, and agreed. When I re-watched the Indy game, one TD was because Jones did not drop as deep as he should have, and Luck made a VG throw over him. On the other, we had double coverage, and pressure but, Smith lost the ball in the lights on a play which should have been picked or, at worst incomplete.

Does that mean Jones and Smith SUCK? Not at all, although some, who just focus on highlights, may think so.

no way, no how on the defense.

we have HORRIBLE cb's and the oposing qb's numbers dont lie.

and as the rams showed, if a team can run as well as pass, the finz are not as stout agaisnt the run as they appear.

"oh, but NRA, you dont understand, we havnt allowed a 100 yd rusher in 22 games".......... .

its because its so easy to pass on us. points come from the air [unless your the dolphins], path of least resistance.

a lot of teams run by commitee and share those 100 yds. a good run team like the giants would run on us just fine.

we have out moments for sure. the team IS headed in the right direction, but, we better get some cb's in here who can cover and another pass rusher and a ball hawk safety. THEN we can start talking about a top defense.

So stopping Arian Foster for under 3.5 YPC is average? Bro if you think our run D isn't as advertised take those damn blinders off, we're damn good at that part of the game. I'd love to have the Giants on our schedule, and you say they'd run all over us? We played them last season, what happened there? Dude get out of here with all this pesimistic trash. I realize we're not a top D with our secondary, but we prevent points from getting on the board and that is all that counts so we are without a doubt in the top 10.

The overreaction to positive news about this team, just blows my mind. Yardage doesn't mean ****, if you are still in the top 5 in points allowed. We had just one horrible outing, not counting the Texans since we had 4 turnovers and gave them a short field. You're not top 5 in points allowed if you're not doing so many other things right! 3 OF OUR LOSSES OUR BY 3 POINTS OR LESS WHY WAS THAT ?

PFF does rank Miami as the #1 D Overall. They rank the Phins as #1 vs the run, #5 in pass rush, #3 in coverage, and #1 in penalties.?? WHAT THE **** DO YALL THINK THAT ADDS UP TO? STOP ACTING LIkE A BUNCH OF BITCHES AFTER EVERY LOSS, WE ARE A GOOD TEAM THAT'S GOING TO GET BETTER. I'VE POSTED ALL THE CATEGORIES WHERE WE ARE IN RANKED #1 OR IN THE TOP 3 AND THE TOP #1O. THIS IS NOT SURPRISING AT ALL.

Which just happened to be the same week we played one decent QB. We have Brady twice before the end of the season, I got news for ya. Our defensive secondary is going to have horrible outings those two weeks also. As a matter of fact I have a bad feeling that our DBs are going to have a pretty long day tomorrow also.

I want everyone that defended these rankings in this thread to personally apologize to the FH community for posting such drivel.

Didnt think any of the defenders of these rankings would comment.

Our offense is much, much times 1000 worse thZn our defense. We can't score, we aren't winnin games 3-0. We go no huddle to speed up the tempo In Which we give the ball back to the other team.

Well, if FF points are any indication their D got me "0" today. I had to drop the Packers D due the bye week and thought, "our D, Titans O - this could work out well for me" - not.

AFCMIAMIEAST:

YOU BACKED UP MY POINT. the texans were throwing all over us. and 3.5 a yd while the team is bombarding us with the pass isnt a shut down.

as the rams game and sundays TITANS BLOW OUT shows, again, my point. if we face a team and we can handle their pass, they can run on us. if we play a balanced team thats equally strong pass AND run, teams CAN run on us if they choose to go that way.

not me with the blinderrs bub. ask chris johnson how "stout" our run stoping is.

Back
Top Bottom