PFT Article on Ireland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT Article on Ireland

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lks-sparks-speculation-about-irelands-future/

More speculation, but it mentions something I brought up early this week. The lack on major contracts going forward could be that Ross has not committed to Ireland for the future. I understand the team did not want "jealousy" in the locker room if deals got done. However, if the team really wanted a guy they would attempt to keep him if they could.

Should be an interesting few weeks.

The Ireland talk is heating up nationally. Interesting nonetheless.

What was that article he was quoted in the other day, about the 49ers? He starts waxing on about how great the talent is on that team and the group he singles out is the offensive line.

I couldn't help but laugh.

The lack of long term signings is normal at this time of the season. That part of the story is a non factor IMHO. What is sinking Ireland is the loss of revenue from poor ticket sales due to predictable, boring, and losing teams. He has been a part of this organization since 2008 and other than that magical Pennington (who deserves all the credit) year, this team has been spiraling downward. The draft picks have been bizarre in some cases, and in others addressed positions with high picks that could have been filled with mid round players. The lack of team speed and skill players is really shocking. As i watch Seattle, San Francisco, Indy and other teams that got out of the basement in the last year or two, the common thread is team speed and play makers. Ireland(and sadly his staff and scouting department) has no eye for talent. Plain and simple.
Ireland is holding this team back. Ross is a smart man, but his patience is probably running out. He gave him another season(2012) and we are no closer to the playoffs than last year. Ireland must be replaced.

I think Ross has made it clear evaluations after the season

The writing is on the wall, Ireland is very likely going to be back next season. Any speculation that he won't be back is exactly that, speculation. All indications/sources/reports/etc. have him coming back next year and I don't think anything the final two weeks is going to change that. Time to just accept it.

Back
Top Bottom