PFW: Parcells poor drafts drained Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW: Parcells poor drafts drained Dolphins

But man tits is a legend? That gives him a pass on everything after he was given that distinction.

Man Tits. Classic. Parcells was a Washed Up Hack by the Time he got to Miami. More Interested in Playing Golf then watching Fins. And Hiding out in his Box. Could not
even get his Fat A** on the Field. Hate Parcells and Saban. Those Dudes Set this Team back a Decade.

He's starting guard for the defending AFC champs.

Agreed. When a former 6th round pick is a starter on a darn good footall team, 6 years after being drafted, it's a pretty good pick. Most 6th rounders don't play beyond 1 -2 years in the league, and few ever start.

LT fell onto his lap with the Giants. Ray Perkins did most of that groundwork.

I thought he did well year 1 by taking the team from 1 - 15 to 11 - 5. But that was the high point, largely on the inspiring drives from Pennington, who lucked into our lap. The inability to develop the Oline after expensive free agents and high draft picks were thrown at it year after year was inexcusable. The other big failure was Chad Henne and the Parcells/Ireland/Sparano troika kept doubling down on the Robot. We lived in hope that he would improve but ultimately he played like he played in college - very streaky.

Falcons could make that move because they have a talented roster. No way pins could do that as we have way too many holes

I like the Pat White pick, you guys just need to be patient, he should be elite in another 5-10 years.

The bottom line w/ ireland is precisely that: the BOTTOM LINE and his INABILITY to recognize it.

The BOTTOM LINE for players and franchises is PERFORMANCE, and WINNING.

W/ ireland, it is all about measurables and prototypes, and Cap Space.

A GREAT GM throws out the script and drafts the guys who are OUTSTANDING PERFORMERS at the most important positions.

ireland signs guys like letgo nono who is a prototypical NFL WR, problem is he CAN'T GET OPEN and CAN'T CATCH.

Nubs protects everyone. He protect Morono now hes gone he protects Dumbland. I dk how anyone can say its only parcells fault. BP drafted in 08 and overlooked the 09 draft, WHAT ABOUT 10', 11', 12????? WTF would Dumbland get a pass on those Nubs? Or all the FA we just RELASED taht we SIGNED to "IMPROVE" a 6 win team!

It's got to be hard to be a GM and be loved. I mean, Ozzie is considered amazing right? Well, good not great product and not a lot of hardware. Colbert with my Steelers does a good job, then again, the two SB they won were against subpar opponents and our secondary and offensive line have been crap the whole time. Bellichik is good but after spygate, they have no hardware and he's always too cute with his draft day trades, but he has Brady and he could make any GM look great. But seriously, Ireland couldn't be worse. I get a chuckle every time I think of taking Pouncey so high, and trading up for yet another RB and his allergy to playmakers on both sides of the ball. Guy is truly the worst GM in football. Not a close second either.

It's got to be hard to be a GM and be loved. I mean, Ozzie is considered amazing right? Well, good not great product and not a lot of hardware. Colbert with my Steelers does a good job, then again, the two SB they won were against subpar opponents and our secondary and offensive line have been crap the whole time. Bellichik is good but after spygate, they have no hardware and he's always too cute with his draft day trades, but he has Brady and he could make any GM look great. But seriously, Ireland couldn't be worse. I get a chuckle every time I think of taking Pouncey so high, and trading up for yet another RB and his allergy to playmakers on both sides of the ball. Guy is truly the worst GM in football. Not a close second either.

wut?

Ozzie is easily one of the best General Managers in the league. The guy has kept the Ravens consistently successful and full of talent.

And keep in mind, your general manager drafted your own Pouncey 3 picks higher.

Ireland might be a crap gm, but hes our crap gm. Despite drafting 3 quarterbacks, he has yet to draft one that rapes a woman.

BP is not a good GM type but he left the franchise in much better shape than when he arrived, you can't blame BP years later.

Back
Top Bottom