Philbin not a fan of Jennings? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin not a fan of Jennings?

I'm sure Philbin hated all 53 tds Jennings scored at Green Bay
and I'm sure he hated the 3-1000+ yards receiving seasons as well as the 2-900+ yards receiving seasons

I don't think anybody has anything bad to say about Jenning's PAST accomplishments.
The only concern is RIGHT NOW, and MOVING FORWARD.
He has durability issues now, how many complete seasons has he played, will he even be able to play a whole year? His price tag will be astronomically more than his worth, Going Forward, imho.

The "noise" around Wallace makes a bit more sense now

SMOKE SCREEN.... **** jake, Wallace, Jennings and Swope!!!

OMG! He is a Packers reporter. seriously?

Stop the tweet crap already. Tweets are gonna kill the NFL. F'n reporters and Agents. Aholes.

Smokescreen talk

I never buy this smokescreen stuff although of course u dont want everyone to know your interested. i cant think of one successful smokescreen that we has dolphins have had recently

yesterday the packers were considering tagging jennings to try & force a team to trade for him. Now today philbin is not a fan of one of the most productive recievers he has ever coached? .... Not a coincidence people. This is clearly gamesmanship

this

This just doesn't make sense. Yeah Jennings isn't explosive but he's a top WR when healthy and a class act. Hes not super explosive or dominate like Calvin Johnson but he's a solid WR like an Issac Bruce and he was so productive with Philbin. I think its's more Stephen Ross thats not a big fan of Jennings, gotta be.

Only on Finheaven is the word smokescreen and "poker" used so often. Yes, guys we're trying to trick the league! Hey, 7-9 the past 4 seasons was actually a smokescreen too by Ireland, we're actually Super Bowl champions but we just wanted to give the rest of the league a chance at a trophy.

No there are no smokescreens, but speculation built from reporters. If Philbin does not want Jennings, it's because of what he saw in the locker room and on the practice field from that guy. We already know how he feels about diva receivers - first Marshall and then Chad. Hell, if he wasn't in Miami he'd still be the coordinator of the Packers and would be watching Jennings leave to another team and he would have no problem with it because he has Aaron Rodgers still.

I still think despite Rodgers, Jennings when healthy is very good though but he nor Wallace nor Bowe are the offense changing players people on this site think they are. They're not anywhere near Marshall's level and we were 7-9 with Marshall. Just the addition of either of those 3 players won't make us better than last year. Especially if we're losing Bush, we'll just be subtracting one playmaker and adding another.

We need this offseason to have a balance of playmakers at tight end, receivers, and running back (really confused why we're not bringing back Bush). And it has to fit a budget, can't be just spending 14 million per season on a guy that barely gets 1k yards in a full season. It has to be a reasonable price and the production must match the price.

We have what 9 picks? We're building through the draft regardless of what is done through FA. Considering we have a ton of cap room and have to use a majority of it, Miami won't be quiet in FA.

Bowe, Austin, Jennings, Welker, Wallace, Miami will land one of them. No doubt in my mind.
"Building through the draft" might be the most overused phrase on FH now. Everybody "builds through the draft," even those most active in FA. You can sign a FA and STILL "build through the draft," especially when, as you pointed out, you have 9 picks.

That being said, hopefully we don't go with "draft crap WRs in bulk at the end of the draft" strategy again...

"Building through the draft" might be the most overused phrase on FH now. Everybody "builds through the draft," even those most active in FA. You can sign a FA and STILL "build through the draft," especially when, as you pointed out, you have 9 picks.

That being said, hopefully we don't go with "draft crap WRs in bulk at the end of the draft" strategy again...

truth. Not to mention we have a ton of cap room we basically must spend. I'm not dead set on Wallace, but we must add quality starters via FA (eg Levitre, Vollmer, Avril etc). I'm soured on Jennings considering the injury history. If not Wallace, go all out WR in early rounds (Patterson, Austin, Allen, Hunter, Hopkins, Swope etc).

Ill trust Philbins judgment though as I did last year on Flynn.

I do think that the timing of this, just after the Packers leaked that they are thinking about using the franchise tag on Jennings, is definitely deliberate. Mind games.

Yes and no, teams like Washington had absolutely no success through free agency and during that same time had a lot of poor drafts as well. Since they've focused more on the draft they've become very good at it; Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, RG3, Alford, Trent Williams.

Most teams who focus more on free agency, maybe it's coincidence, but they tend to be rather poor drafting teams. Even a traditionally good drafting team like the Eagles have seen their drafting take a huge hit in recent years as they focused more on free agency (though my boy Brandon Graham graded out really well coming off ACL surgery)

The best teams in free agency just pick and choose.

Back
Top Bottom