Philbin Post Game Locker Room Speech | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin Post Game Locker Room Speech

I find it funny that some people can trash important players and coordinators...be the most negative people around here, but if they like Ryan Tannehill and Joe Philbin they are "fans of the year".

For the record, I have said all year that I wanted to see progress with RT...knowing he would have ups and downs. Regarding Phlibn, I think he has done a good job, but have never said he was above criticism if it warranted.

I will admit on gamedays I get fired up in the heat of the moment. No question. I will get all "Bud Adams" at times. With that said, I cannot stand when my words get taken out of context.

Heres the thing bro......

At the beginning of the season, you were giving Philbin grief for minor subjective things. Its as if you had it out for the guy before he even got started. Then when we started stringing wins together, you put all of that aside for a while. I figure you realized you better get on the bandwagon or Philbin will continue to make you look like a fool. Then as soon as we went on a skid, you pounced. Its almost as if you couldnt wait for it. For the past 10 days you ahve been bringing back that "losing the locker room" propoganda. It just gets old man. It was a rough 3 game stretch. But, it seemed like it almost pleased you.

You went on about how this team was just guaranteed to go on a 6 game losing streak and it was all because of Philbin. Basically, you have been all over the map. Theres the difference between us. I have been in Philbin's corner through the good and the bad this year. Its his first season. I think he has done a fine job and will continue to do so. Im not going to search and REACH for reasons to knock him. And I certainly didnt think we were losing 6 in a row and posting about how it was definately about to happen and how bad it was going to be for Philbin. I thought we had an outstanding chance to win this week.

In another thread you said something about how Im posting ridiculous playoff dreams. Thing is, I know the playoffs arent likely at this point. However, Im not foolish enough to completely rule it out either. This is the NFL. If Tannehill gets hot and plays well the rest of the year and dosent turn the ball over, I know we can win these games. What Im not going to do is act like its a lock either way that we do or dont get in.

And whether you like it or not, that win today made next weeks game huge. Because, if we do beat the Pats next week, all of those playoff threads have serious life.

You on the other hand posted with absolute certainty about how we were going to lose 6 in a row. And you couldnt wait for that **** either. Its like you didnt even realize Seattle is not a good team at all on the road. Maybe you did, you just sleep on Philbin that hard. I donno.

I also noticed you posted something about how Im going to hate it when S.Smith is resigned. You mustve not read the dozens of posts Ive made in threads where our FA players are discussed. I want S.Smith resigned. We simply cant replace him so easily.

Lastly, you bring up RG3. Another difference between us. Instead of me going back and forth on my opinions, I dont let one game sway me. Ive contended the whole time that Washington will never win a damn thing with RG3. Im sticking to that. A good game here or there isnt going to change my take. I fully expected him to have some good games this year. What he wont do is consistantly win in the NFL. So people can make threads about that if they want every time RG3 has a big game. Give it a couple of years and we will see who is right.

You didnt see me whining about it when that guy made a thread about my take on RG3 after he blasted Dallas. Im glad he made it. Because when its all said and done that guy will look like a fool when RG3 goes to ****. At best he will be inconsistant week to week and the Skins will struggle to win 8 games each year. It will only be about the 1,000th time a poster has tried to shine me only to end up on the failboat. Happens all the time.

So unlike you going back and forth with Philbin, I stick to what I feel. You know what I think about RG3. And we all know what you truly think of Philbin. You got on his bandwagon for a couple of weeks because you started sensing you might be the lone ranger left on the Philbin bashing crew. As soon as the team hit a tough patch you were right back on that "the players hate Philbin" bull**** though.

Thats why Im throwing this Seattle victory in your face. You just knew Philbin was about to lose the locker room because we were losing this week and the next 2. We may very well lose the next 2 games. And it could be in embarrasing fashion. But, dont be so sure. We may damn well win. We might just look impressive. Even if we lose, we could hold our own.

The one thing I do know is that if we do lose these next 2, even if we get blown out, Im not going to be acting like Philbin is losing the locker room and we never have a chance to win anything with him as HC.

Heres the thing bro......

At the beginning of the season, you were giving Philbin grief for minor subjective things. Its as if you had it out for the guy before he even got started. Then when we started stringing wins together, you put all of that aside for a while. I figure you realized you better get on the bandwagon or Philbin will continue to make you look like a fool. Then as soon as we went on a skid, you pounced. Its almost as if you couldnt wait for it. For the past 10 days you ahve been bringing back that "losing the locker room" propoganda. It just gets old man. It was a rough 3 game stretch. But, it seemed like it almost pleased you.

You went on about how this team was just guaranteed to go on a 6 game losing streak and it was all because of Philbin. Basically, you have been all over the map. Theres the difference between us. I have been in Philbin's corner through the good and the bad this year. Its his first season. I think he has done a fine job and will continue to do so. Im not going to search and REACH for reasons to knock him. And I certainly didnt think we were losing 6 in a row and posting about how it was definately about to happen and how bad it was going to be for Philbin. I thought we had an outstanding chance to win this week.

In another thread you said something about how Im posting ridiculous playoff dreams. Thing is, I know the playoffs arent likely at this point. However, Im not foolish enough to completely rule it out either. This is the NFL. If Tannehill gets hot and plays well the rest of the year and dosent turn the ball over, I know we can win these games. What Im not going to do is act like its a lock either way that we do or dont get in.

And whether you like it or not, that win today made next weeks game huge. Because, if we do beat the Pats next week, all of those playoff threads have serious life.

You on the other hand posted with absolute certainty about how we were going to lose 6 in a row. And you couldnt wait for that **** either. Its like you didnt even realize Seattle is not a good team at all on the road. Maybe you did, you just sleep on Philbin that hard. I donno.

I also noticed you posted something about how Im going to hate it when S.Smith is resigned. You mustve not read the dozens of posts Ive made in threads where our FA players are discussed. I want S.Smith resigned. We simply cant replace him so easily.

Lastly, you bring up RG3. Another difference between us. Instead of me going back and forth on my opinions, I dont let one game sway me. Ive contended the whole time that Washington will never win a damn thing with RG3. Im sticking to that. A good game here or there isnt going to change my take. I fully expected him to have some good games this year. What he wont do is consistantly win in the NFL. So people can make threads about that if they want every time RG3 has a big game. Give it a couple of years and we will see who is right.

You didnt see me whining about it when that guy made a thread about my take on RG3 after he blasted Dallas. Im glad he made it. Because when its all said and done that guy will look like a fool when RG3 goes to ****. At best he will be inconsistant week to week and the Skins will struggle to win 8 games each year. It will only be about the 1,000th time a poster has tried to shine me only to end up on the failboat. Happens all the time.

So unlike you going back and forth with Philbin, I stick to what I feel. You know what I think about RG3. And we all know what you truly think of Philbin. You got on his bandwagon for a couple of weeks because you started sensing you might be the lone ranger left on the Philbin bashing crew. As soon as the team hit a tough patch you were right back on that "the players hate Philbin" bull**** though.

Thats why Im throwing this Seattle victory in your face. You just knew Philbin was about to lose the locker room because we were losing this week and the next 2. We may very well lose the next 2 games. And it could be in embarrasing fashion. But, dont be so sure. We may damn well win. We might just look impressive. Even if we lose, we could hold our own.

The one thing I do know is that if we do lose these next 2, even if we get blown out, Im not going to be acting like Philbin is losing the locker room and we never have a chance to win anything with him as HC.

Let's break this down for each other and everyone else that seems interested...

1. You picked a fight with me not vice-versa. I will defend myself going fwd. I never read your posts or even knew existed around here until you picked a fight with me.

2. You are one of the most negative minds when it comes to the Fins in general. Yeah, you are a big Joe Philbin fan. You defend RT. However, when it comes to seemingly everything else on the team, you rip them to shreds, even going as far to give them silly little nicknames.

3. You will mention my screen name in other threads I have nothing to do with and find ways to make fun of me or twist my words or take stuff way out of context. I have never done that to you nor will I ever...no, it is not that I am a nice guy, it is that I do not have time to be so childish. I am not going to let you bully me or other posters. However, when pick on me, I will knit pick all of your takes....such as RGIII is a bust.

4. I cheer for the Fins every week. I want the HC to do well. I want the the QB to develop. I want the D to take the ball away...all that stuff. At the same time, I am so tired of you taking **** out context. I DID think the Fins could lose 6 in a row. I did not WANT that to happen. I stated as fact, we played lousy, losing three in a row and had three playoff teams coming. The point I made in all of those posts about a potential losing streak (btw, we still might lose 5 of 6 when it is over) is Joe Philbin had a major challenge keep the ship steady. He needed a steady hand at the till. Winning has many fathers, losing is an orphan. I have been the one all ****ing year talking about how this is a process and it is about the team's maturation.

However, you take my words and run around with them like a child saying I wanted the Fins to lose and "ha ha ha, the Fins won" blah, blah, blah.

5. I get as frustrated as any fan...especially during games...I do go "Bud Adams" at times. I am not "Negative Nancy" nor do I stir the Kool-Aid of the franchise. I call things as I see them and how I would want to see things done. If you do not like it, fine. I am right some of the time and I am wrong times too. However, I am usually HUMBLE when I am right and I take the heat when I am wrong. Maybe you should try the same approach.

6. Finally, I am tired of your garbage. I am. This is not about Joe Philbin losing the locker room or Ryan Tannehill's progression...this is about you attacking other posters personally around here. However, I will continue to defend myself. This site is too great and as too many good people to leave. Perhaps, we should put each other on IGNORE and be done with it. I am even respectful to simply look the other way when it comes to each other's posts...but you need to do the same.

i like and appreciate almost all posters here. unless you're a troll you're here, you're a fins fan, you take the time to join the best fins fan organization on the internet. heck im surprised i havent been banned cause of my drunken post. never attacked another poster but wow some of my post after drinking i wake up the next day thinking..."ughhh i dont want to get on, im facing a suspension" most notably the other night when i was strip texting drinking with a lady friend while drunken posting and giving updates mid post. we are a brotherhood here, brothers fight, you spend enough time together you're gonna bump heads....it happens. but if not for this site we wouldnt have the privelage to bump heads with our fin brothers

Back
Top Bottom