Phins to meet with Baker | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins to meet with Baker

let's assume (for some crazy reason) Mayfield is on their radar. Does anyone have any ideas on why Darnold or Rosen wouldn't be? Is it the style of offense we have vs qb? Is it too much or impossible to trade up that high? Or does anyone believe that he grades out as the best qb, however, for some reason Darnold and Rosen are expected to go higher?
I think the expectation is that they will be off the board by the time we pick, Mayfield could be there. Browns could take him with one of their two picks in the top 5, but the projections for Mayfield are all over the place. No one really has any idea how high he will go, or how low he will fall right now. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we meet with Rosen and Darnold down the road, but doubt they fall to us, or we would trade up to get either one.

Yea, last couple, but he got us to a SB and a few AFC title games.
last time dan play was 1999 he won wildcard but got blowout by jag in div rd.
same thing in 1998 beat bills wildcard lost Denver in div
last won was 2000 playoff game wildcard jay f qb

well that's better than the 92 percent that wanted tanny gone after week 5 in 2016

good thing people aren't held accountable for this stuff...be a shortage of scarlet letters if they were
the bottom line is age is going be factory w thill17 if he doesn't start winning soon. you can say what you want but it not about thill17. he is rich. only thing fan career about is winning. if dolphins draft first rd qb the heat will be on thill17 to play at high level.

the bottom line is age is going be factory w thill17 if he doesn't start winning soon. you can say what you want but it not about thill17. he is rich. only thing fan career about is winning. if dolphins draft first rd qb the heat will be on thill17 to play at high level.

no doubt. the heat will be on

Here's what I have to say about it... Put your money where your mouth is... If Ryan Tannehill is healthy and not starting for Miami game 1 in 2018, I stay out of FH all season, if he is, you stay out all season... We good?

Not really fair because most that want Mayfield or any of the top QBs know that the said rookie won't be starting day 1. The idea is having a backup plan in case Tannehill continues to be meh.

If we go 8-8 again with Tannehill and he doesn't improve or gets hurt again then there is no guarantee we will be able to draft a QB in the first next year because of draft position or lack of QB talent in 2019 draft. Better to be safe than sorry or have to trade the farm for a guy.

I'm not a Tannehill hater, I want to see him succeed and maybe this will take him to that next level, if that's the case then it's a win win and we could probably trade Mayfield or which ever QB for a proven talent to help us win.

I do also recall, on the last presser, as Tannenbaum and Grier sat slouched and Gase did all the tallking almost, that after Gase said Tannehill was starter, Grier said no positions were safe or guaranteed. I sense a power struggle away from Gase as a personnel guy/final 53 decision maker. For Grier to keep his job, he will have to make personnel choices.

The force isn't as strong in this one as he thinks

Not really fair because most that want Mayfield or any of the top QBs know that the said rookie won't be starting day 1. The idea is having a backup plan in case Tannehill continues to be meh.

If we go 8-8 again with Tannehill and he doesn't improve or gets hurt again then there is no guarantee we will be able to draft a QB in the first next year because of draft position or lack of QB talent in 2019 draft. Better to be safe than sorry or have to trade the farm for a guy.

I'm not a Tannehill hater, I want to see him succeed and maybe this will take him to that next level, if that's the case then it's a win win and we could probably trade Mayfield or which ever QB for a proven talent to help us win.
I think most of us believe this to be true except the OP, he thinks if we draft one early tannehill will be cut or traded.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eting-with-baker-mayfield-before-his-pro-day/

let's see what the pro-Tannehill fans have to say about this. Didn't Gase say they were set at qb?
Gonna be (as predicted) a diff offseason

• If the team believes they are truly set, then this is a cheap smoke screen for teams that draft after us to help elicit trade down value for us.
  • If the team believes they are truly set, but have an open mind because A) they are professionals and have an open mind; B) with all the QBs floating around, they might be able to get someone they really like, they are doing their jobs -- as expected.
  • If they think, because of the QBs floating around this year, they might have an option on a better than expected backup who has the potential to be a starter, they would be idiots not to interview everyone.
  • If the team wasn't happy with RT, but they didn't want create problems in case they can't get their guy, it only makes sense they interview a bunch of players to leave a smoke screen to make sure that if they didn't get their guy, they don't create any unnecessary friction with RT / his agent.
Since everyone over the age of 8 knows all of this, it's pretty clear you are just posting to kick the hornets nest.

I was offering that bet to that poster in particular, he's taunting everyone claiming that if we draft a QB we're getting rid of Tannehill this offseason.

Really interesting to note that Cordrea Tankersley is not on the list, but we drafted him in the 3rd round. I would have expected that just meeting a player would be a pre-requisite. At any rate he still looks a good draft pick.

One of the ways Bucky Brooks defines a QB is either as a tractor or a trailer. A tractor is a QB who can be effective without a strong supporting cast. A trailer is a QB who needs a strong supporting cast to be effective. Brooks views Tannehill as a trailer. That said, there probably isn't anything wrong with that. You just have to build your team differently than a QB who is a tractor. I view Baker as a tractor because he is someone who has great command of the offense and has tremendous support from his teammates. I believe someone like that elevates the play of team because everyone is rowing in the same direction. For business majors we might call this synergy. I am not sure if this is the draft we can do this, but I am looking for a QB who will back Tannehill up for a few years and then take over. Since there is no point is listing QB's we have no shot at, I won't bother. QB's I think we have a shot at that I am intrigued with are: Baker, Jackson, and White ( I liked how he looked in the senior bowl).

I was offering that bet to that poster in particular, he's taunting everyone claiming that if we draft a QB we're getting rid of Tannehill this offseason.

Gotcha, yeah I don't see that happening at all. Take that bet and run with it.

Back
Top Bottom