Phins to meet with Baker | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins to meet with Baker

He will not be taken in the 1st round, he might be taken in the 2nd if he happens for some reason to fall, an if he is there in the 3rd by some rediculous chance, I have no doubt Gase yells hard he wants him....Miami is/will be in the market for a backup.
What? Mayfield is definitely going to be a first rounder. Probably top 10

He's going to the Browns with the 4th pick.

This is interesting because according to the list of playets we met with last year we really weren't considering adding a potential starter. You can't buy too much into anything said in the offseason. Not sure why so many people are offended by the post. Am I missing something?

If Mia were to draft Mayfield, and trust me Gase and the font office all realize this, there will be immense pressure to play him if RT doesn't play well out of the gate (or really at any time during the season). Given the fact RT hasn't taken this franchise on a deep playoff run, he has zero benefit of the doubt, and that's the way it should be. Call it whatever you want, but QB controversy would start long before the season, should MIa draft Mayfield, and rightfully so.

let's assume (for some crazy reason) Mayfield is on their radar. Does anyone have any ideas on why Darnold or Rosen wouldn't be? Is it the style of offense we have vs qb? Is it too much or impossible to trade up that high? Or does anyone believe that he grades out as the best qb, however, for some reason Darnold and Rosen are expected to go higher?

let's assume (for some crazy reason) Mayfield is on their radar. Does anyone have any ideas on why Darnold or Rosen wouldn't be? Is it the style of offense we have vs qb? Is it too much or impossible to trade up that high? Or does anyone believe that he grades out as the best qb, however, for some reason Darnold and Rosen are expected to go higher?

Dont be surprised if we meet with them too.

This is interesting because according to the list of playets we met with last year we really weren't considering adding a potential starter. You can't buy too much into anything said in the offseason. Not sure why so many people are offended by the post. Am I missing something?

Only bc the OP keeps grasping at straws thinking RT isnt going to be our QB next year.

really ? what about all the mock drafts that has us selecting a qb.
tick tock, tick tock

Oh stop. We SHOULD draft a QB, but that isn't going to stop RT from starting next year. Mock drafts! lol, you sure are desperate!

Mocks don't mean anything. Mayfield won't be there at 11 anyway. We should draft a QB at some point thought.

Ozzy rules!!

Love Mayfield and think he could be the starter a few years down road. In the meantime, he can marinade behind Tannehill ala Aaron Rodgers....and learn a thing or 2 about reading defenses and professionally carrying himself on and off the field.

Back
Top Bottom