Phins Trivia - a break from the norm. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Trivia - a break from the norm.

phinz_fan said:
I think it's Olindo Mare

That's a good guess. He is coming close. According to stats that I have seen he is either 10 points ahead or is about 200pts behind, depending on where you look. shy of being the all-time leader. I guess it depends on if the numbers for who was considered the leader are career based and not miami based.

Perhaps they need to update the record books. :wink:

Actually I think you're right. They need to update the record books. Mare has 840 WITH Miami, where as Yepremian had 830 with Miami, the other ~200 were with Detroit, New Orleans and Tamba Bay. Good work mate.

EDIT: On a side note, Mare could shatter [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Yepremian's record this year and it would be for the same number of years [/size][/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Yepremian was with the Dolphins.
[/size][/font]

BlitPhinFan said:
Oh, I guess it's my turn. I'm not good at coming up with questions. I'll just toss out an easy one so we can get back to some good ones.

Who is the Dolphins' all-time leading scorer?

Found it. The all-time leading scorer is [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Garo Yepremian. In 14 season [/size][/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]he scored 1,074 points, converting 210 out of 313 field goal attempts (67.1) and 444 of 464 extra points attempts (95.7).

http://www.miamidolphins.com/history/1972perfectseason/1972teamroster/teamroster_Yepremian_g.asp
[/size][/font]

phinz_fan said:
Found it. The all-time leading scorer is [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Garo Yepremian. In 14 season [/size][/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]he scored 1,074 points, converting 210 out of 313 field goal attempts (67.1) and 444 of 464 extra points attempts (95.7).

http://www.miamidolphins.com/history/1972perfectseason/1972teamroster/teamroster_Yepremian_g.asp
[/size][/font]

Yep, but 5 of those 14 years were with other teams. I think you're correct. 830 of those were with Miami.

EDIT: And some fans are still wanting to get rid of Mare. heh,heh... go figure. :lol:

phinz_fan said:
So...

is it Mare or no?

I am going to have to say yes. I didn't realize how close he was to [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Yepremian before last season. The stats show Mare with 840 and [/size][/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Yepremian with 830, so it looks like the Miami record books need to be changed.
[/size][/font]

What year was Jim Langer inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame?

Phinz_Fan, you need to post the next question as I believe you were correct with your Mare answer. Yepremian was good for last year but not this year. :wink:

what nfl team did paul warfield play for before coming to the dolphins?

noname said:
what nfl team did paul warfield play for before coming to the dolphins?

I believe it was the Cleveland Browns.

Back
Top Bottom