Pitt vs. Pats AFC Championship | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitt vs. Pats AFC Championship

Would be nice to see the Falcons finally win a Superbowl. Never have really liked the Falcons but at least we will be seeing a team that has never won a Superbowl and this will be only their second appearance. The Falcons offense looks unstoppable and their defense looks improved. They have a chance. I probably still won't be watching but I hope the Falcons win. Would be nice to see the Patriots embarrassed in a Superbowl. It would have been Karma if the Patriots would have not made it but hopefully all the lousy things they have done comes back to bite them in the rear at some point. I will keep harping on this, I believe in giving people second chances, but guys like Floyd who have not even been punished for the wrongs they have committed definitely do not deserve to be rewarded.

With Mike Tomlin as coach, Brady has 22 TDs and 0 INTs vs. Pittsburgh. Those mother****ers are just magical.

Would be nice to see the Falcons finally win a Superbowl. Never have really liked the Falcons but at least we will be seeing a team that has never won a Superbowl and this will be only their second appearance. The Falcons offense looks unstoppable and their defense looks improved. They have a chance. I probably still won't be watching but I hope the Falcons win. Would be nice to see the Patriots embarrassed in a Superbowl. It would have been Karma if the Patriots would have not made it but hopefully all the lousy things they have done comes back to bite them in the rear at some point. I will keep harping on this, I believe in giving people second chances, but guys like Floyd who have not even been punished for the wrongs they have committed definitely do not deserve to be rewarded.

Remember what happened to the NFL's record breaking offense in SB XLII?

Defense. Wins. Championships.

Giants laid the blueprint for beating them in the Superbowl, hell even the Seahawks had a chance. It's via defense, the Falcons will most definitely try to win a shootout, and as soon as they make the first mistake, whether it's a bad pass, fumble, pick, whatever, Brady and Co. will put their foot on the gas and never look back - their defense for some reason still gets overlooked, that fact alone amazes me. The exact same ****ing thing they've done year after year after year, I have to admit what they do is better than any other team in history. And it's sickening, I'm not even watching the superbowl but I decided a couple years ago I won't watch a NE superbowl ever ever ever again, personally I just don't enjoy it but to each their own.

And if the Falcons find a way to win it all, more power to them...but I certainly wouldn't bet on it, or hold my breath.

Giants laid the blueprint for beating them in the Superbowl, hell even the Seahawks had a chance. It's via defense, the Falcons will most definitely try to win a shootout, and as soon as they make the first mistake, whether it's a bad pass, fumble, pick, whatever, Brady and Co. will put their foot on the gas and never look back - their defense for some reason still gets overlooked, that fact alone amazes me. The exact same ****ing thing they've done year after year after year, I have to admit what they do is better than any other team in history. And it's sickening, I'm not even watching the superbowl but I decided a couple years ago I won't watch a NE superbowl ever ever ever again, personally I just don't enjoy it but to each their own.

And if the Falcons find a way to win it all, more power to them...but I certainly wouldn't bet on it, or hold my breath.

Well what gives atlanta a chance is it looks like they got some good pass rushers. That's what really helped with Giants vs pats and hawks getting pressure on Brady. Falcons don't have giants defense or seahawks defense. But that pass rush component that is essential like giants had and hawks had, falcons seem to have. So atleast they have something that could help against Brady. But the defense has to not just play well, but start off well early. They can't get behind off the bat. EVen though Falcons have the offense to get a comeback, that is hard against the pats defense and belichick. Plus it makes the falcons one dimensional or easier for belichick to force the falcons to take more risks. So like I said the falcon's can't have a slow start or play sloppy, especially early in the game.

Little late to the party, and while all credit goes to the Pats for winning, the Steelers defensive game plan was horrendous.

So like I said the falcon's can't have a slow start or play sloppy, especially early in the game.

While I agree, I don't trust in Matt Ryan and the rest of his offensive studs to go into a game of that magnitude and play mistake free, and/or without sloppiness. And as we both mentioned, they don't have the defense to pick up the slack. On the other side of the ball you've got a QB going into his 7th superbowl, and a defense that can pick up slack of a few mistakes.

I'm fully expecting the worst, but I'll continue to hope for the best. If I hadn't decided to give up drinking a year ago I'd probably just get hammered and forget the game was even on like I have for all the other Pats superbowls :brewskis:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom