Playoffs, Playoffs???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs, Playoffs????

2nd half of season games are brutal. Time for a reality check and expect a decent draft pick. Onwards and upwards! (Just not this remaining season)

Wish we had the 2 Pat games behind us. Can't see anyway we are in playoff contention going into KC and Buffalo week 16 and 17 without beating NE once. Hard to see us beating them.

Wish we had the 2 Pat games behind us. Can't see anyway we are in playoff contention going into KC and Buffalo week 16 and 17 without beating NE once. Hard to see us beating them.

Beat Carolina and Tampa. Beat a struggling Denver team and upset the Bills in Buffalo. Even with 2 losses to the Patriots that would leave Miami 8-6 going into a KC game where the Chiefs might be resting players and then a rematch with the Bills in Miami. The way the AFC is looking right now who ever finishes 2nd in the AFC East is likely making the playoffs. The number 2 team in the AFC West and North already have 5 loses and would have to turn it on just to finish 9-7. The Jaguars are looking at 2nd in the South and their defense, schedule and current 6-3 record make them likely to make the playoffs.

On the realistic side of things, I think all AFC teams currently with 6 or more losses are out of the race. (Jets, Bengals, Browns, Texans, Colts, Broncos and Chargers). That leaves the 4 division winners and and 5 other teams fighting for wildcard spots and Miami has already lost to both the Ravens and Raiders who are clinging to hope at 4-5. A loss to Carolina, Tampa or Denver would likely end any slim hope for Miami.

Last edited:
too many key injuries, too little experience where it counts, and not enough talent to cover either of the first two issues.

win tonite and we're tied for the final playoff spot. 1 game at a time boys. playoffs are still possible.

Well, it's nice to see the positive thinking here but I guess I'm just more realistic and don't see us making the playoffs this year but I'll still be rooting for them to win every time they play

Ozzy rules!!

Buffalo was looking really good until their last two games. I still think that will be two difficult games for Miami, though. Last year it took two 200-yard games by Jay Ajayi for the Dolphins to beat the Bills.

The Patriots are back to being the Patriots. Denver made a lot of mistakes on special teams, but still Tom Brady just picked them apart. The Broncos defense, especially their secondary, is better than Miami's.

Without much of a running game, it's hard to imagine Miami making the kind of run they made last year. I'm hoping for 8-8 or better, but I think 6-10 or 7-9 is where the Dolphins end up.

Let's work on getting first downs...maybe a field goal or two if we can get close to the red zone....and, oh yeah, score some damn points...unless we are banking on the adage..."DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"...oh...forgot...we aren't stopping the opponents from first downs...or field goals...or red zones... or from scoring either...yep...playoff ready... (sarcasm).....this team is not good....here is a Dolphin adage for you who are staring at the win loss record as your Holy Grail...."MAYBE NEXT YEAR" ...this one is done

Between NE, Jax, Ten, Pit, KC, Buf, etc........The playoffs are looking further in the rearview mirror for the Fins. Not that most of us expected to make them anyway however it is putrid to go through another failed season. Buffalo loses by 37 points at home to N,O, today and are still ahead of he Fins. Do you think the Fins go into Buffalo and do that to the Bills? I don't think so. We would make them look like champions. With 2 games remaining against the Patriots and the Bills are goal would be considered arduous. So in the immortal words of Jim Mora the playoffs are a pipedream for sure.

Not really, If (I know, very big IF) Miami can get their act together, Miami has already beaten the Titans, still to play a declining fast Bills team, and the Steeler each week are looking more and more beatable. As for Jax, considering their QB, it could fall apart just as fast as it started for them.

KC and the Patriots are the two only team that scare me if Miami is able to get themselves straightened out.

kC has lost 3 in a row,and the bills have been blown out 2 weeks in. Row.

Back
Top Bottom