Please no David Garrard! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please no David Garrard!

Really not enough to compare Garrard with Moore but Garrard will probably be seeking more then what Miami would pay.

This makes no sense. We have a wallet of unlimited size here on Finheaven.

I think Garrard is a decent QB but I don't think it'd be a good signing for us.

It's taken 4 years for Henne to finally win over the locker room and with Garrard as his back up, all hell would break loose after Henne's first rough outing. Plus it'd take Garrard a while to learn our new offense and by the time he learned the playbook I doubt he'd make much of an impact of our season. It would've been great a month ago but now it doesn't make much sense. Stick with Henne/Moore/Devlin, and if the season turns out to be a bust than try to get some PT for Moore/Devlin to evaluate them for next season.

No, we should always be trying to upgrade and make the team better. We have no allegiance to Henne, if there is a better player available then you get that player.

so i dont get it...if henne tanks its not good to have other options?
Some things on this site perplex me like that opinion. Hell carry three qb's if need be. I mean really u would miss Spitier that friggin bad or one of our Te's. Even though I get labled all kind of things I want my team to win and if Henne goes down, Garrard is a much better option than Matt frickin Moore

We can't bring in anyone to possibly challenge Henne. That ship has sailed an I doubt they take that chance.

We can't bring in anyone to possibly challenge Henne. That ship has sailed an I doubt they take that chance.

nobody is going to hand him a job or let him compete at this late stage. He can come in as a backup and if the starter falters then he gets his chance. I dont get why this is such a bad idea as opposed to relying on Matt Moore who has been anything but awesome in the NFL

how is there not enough to compare. Thats like saying U cant say garrard is better than John beck. Moore lost his job in one season was replaced by a rookie midway through year and the team made no effort to resign him even with two rookies on the roster at Qb. Garrard has been a solid qb for years . Anybody in their right mind knows Garrard is a better qb than Moore. Not sayin u are not in your right mind but seriously to think that Moore waiting in wings is better than Garrard waiting in wings is crazy.

No doubt Garrard is better then Moore. I like Garrard and at this point has been far better then Henne and it helps that he is free. What I dont like is the possibility of a divided locker room. They have committed to Henne at this point and should roll with it. Henne had to step up and assume a leadership roll in the lockout and reports are he did well. He seems to be better inDabolls offense and I dont like the thought of taking a step back again.

Its a tough decision and I wouldnt oppose it if they signed him I just disagree with it.

The comparison is more of how he fits the balance of the team vs where they are now mentally. I aplogize for not elaborating better.

Back
Top Bottom