Poll: FH Tannehill Level of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vaark, Jan 9, 2018.

?

Poll: FH Tannehill Level Of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications)

1. Confident in Tannehill - let's draft solely for need

2. Confident in Tannehill - but should draft a later-round developmental QB

3. Believe in Tannehill -but not confident in complete recovery- draft a top tier QB in case

4. On The Fence - Want him to succeed but prudent to draft a potential replacement to compete

5. No Confidence in Tannehill - Draft a top tier QB to replace him

6. No Confidence in Tannehill - Sign Both a Free Agent QB to replace him & Draft a QB In Waiting

7. Other - please specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Remember, this is a poll to record your sentiment - NOT another thread for debate. So please vote and limit any explanations should you need to elaborate to one post if possible. TIA

To maintain some integrity in the poll, I am making it anonymous so that there will be no fear of backlash either way... but you gotta vote to see the ongoing results

fishfanmiami likes this.
  2. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

1. Confident in Tannehill - let's draft for soley for need

2. *
      Confident in Tannehill - but should draft a later-round developmental QB

These are essentially the same thing.

You could change Tannehill to Moore in 1. and it would make more sense.

3. Vaark

not necessarily the same if we keep Moore or sign another back up journeyman and fill a lot of holes w/o spending a pick on a QB this year

4. josephreese

josephreese Since '76

If Gase is not confident in Fales as the #2, I don't see how we get through this draft without drafting a QB. Whether we draft one will be more revealing about what Gase thinks of Fales than what Gase thinks of Tanne.

5. psfign

psfign A True Fan

On the fence. Just the injury concern. Think we need to be drafting replacements at least.

6. claytonduper

claytonduper Starter

Must release Moore and his salary. I do appreciate his team-first approach and working well with Tannehill, but he offers no hope for a successful season. Let's get a young guy to step in as the main back-up. There has got to be a decent back-up level QB who can red-shirt in 2018 and become more competitive in the following years.

Michael Scott and artdnj like this.
  7. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Burn the Jolly Roger Moderator Finheaven VIP

I'm ok w/ drafting a qb in rounds 5-7. Tannehill is the qb in 2018, nothing changes that. I would wait on spending a 1st until we know the wedding is over.

FinaticalFinfan and fishfanmiami like this.
  8. gunn34

gunn34 Pro Bowler

On the fence too. We need to address the position. Look what happened this year when we didn't.

9. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

I would like to draft a QB in the later rounds (second option)...there are several I like that I feel could fit what Gase does, but have some obvious warts in their games. The first three rounds need to be impact players on the defensive side of the ball with maybe a shot at a TE or RB in round 3.

fishfanmiami, Michael Scott and NBP81 like this.
  10. dolphintodd

dolphintodd FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

on the fence, I honestly think if Tannehill is ever going to do it, it is next year. He deserves to start, but we need a guy that could take his place eventually in rounds 1 to 3 in this years draft and of course just in case of injury.

11. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer Tape Guys vs Analytics Guys Finheaven VIP Donator

I chose option 2. I think Tannehill's a good quarterback who was still trending upward before his injury.

However, I would be OK with drafting a quarterback on day 2, or even day 1 if the right scenario is there. If you find a good quarterback in the draft, even if he doesn't supplant Tannehill, you have still found depth at a key position and create future trade value for your team.

12. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

#2-Knowing full well the odds are that development QB will end up being a wasted pick... But hey, can't win the lotto if you don't buy a ticket...

13. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

Confident in Tannehill and draft a mid-round QB.

fishfanmiami likes this.
  14. JJM_7

JJM_7 A True Fan

I'm between options 2 and 3. I believe Ryan can take us far if he's 100%, but his health does concern me a little.

IF we get a chance to draft a top tier QB in round 1, I wouldn't be opposed to it at all. But I don't think we will and I don't think the FO even has plans to do it.

So a round 3 or round 4 prospect to develop as our QB2 sounds like a more realistic choice. And if that's the case, let's just hope Ryan recovers completely this time around. We're going to need him.

15. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

confident in RT17 but Competition is never a bad thing and if the o line is like this again next year we’ll be seeing a back up come in due to injury eventually.

Cut ties with Moore Cutler and Fales. There’s no competition there and there’s nothing left they can teach Tannehill at this point

16. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

I'm confident but think we should draft a top tier QB to push and eventually replace him.

17. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

there is two way u can do this.
    1. there is no excuse for thill17and dolphins must at lease make playoff next yr. 6 to 8 game. that is not going work anymore.
    Gase must not like Moore. Mat is good backup qb. or Adam want his friend cutler on team as backup. how about signing one of Viking qb next yr as backup.

2. I am on the fence. thill17 need have little competition at leased. it help Smith out this yr. draft qb in 1st or 2nd rd. you are wasting time w 4 or 7th rd qb. we are not N.E.

3. maybe dolphins should wait to pick qb because I don't trust Gase. he pick cutler.

18. superphin

superphin Starter Finheaven VIP

I chose option 1, I rather draft at other positions of need and go all in this year. I rather wait for next years draft to get a developmental QB. This year I rather stick with Moore or get FA. Plus if we draft other positions of need besides QB, if we do draft a QB in 2019 hopefully he'll benefit from it.

Bufeo likes this.
  19. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

We need to replace Moore and find a case keenum. Someone you can win with if you need to

20. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Forcing people to vote to see the poll? :laugh

21. Vaark

[​IMG]

22. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Miami will look and study every single draft eligible QB.

They have confidence in Tannehill but he is not at this "untouchable" level. Drafting a QB in round 1 is not "off" the table.

That said it is not looking likely an option shakes loose that makes sense or improves us at the position.

I voted 2.

rickd13 likes this.
  23. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

You're welcome. Always here to help out.

Albert Romano, fishfanmiami and Vaark like this.
  24. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Other: Tannehill is here til 2020, and the results will remain the same. As I don't believe in Tannehill nor the FO ability to protect him enough, to win.

Meaning enjoy mediocrity folks. It's a the Miami Dolphins way.

25. multistage

multistage Well-Known Member

I trust Tannehill, love his heart.

But not his knee. That’ll have to be earned.

26. Vaark

As the OP, I'm about as pro-Tannehill as they come, but I am concerned about his recovery and resulting mobility if they don't fix the OL. He established in 2016 that he's top 5 in QBR out of a clean pocket and top 3 on deep ball accuracy, but physically if he's not as nimble scrambling or rolling out, it doesn't bode well. As a result, I voted for the prudence to hope for the best but bring someone like Baker Mayfield in to either back him up ala Favre/Rodgers, challenge him down road or more immediately, step in if our worst fears materialize.

27. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

I agree 1 and 2 are the same as backup QWB looks like a potential need. I think Option 2 should be replaced by the on the fence description. Much more interesting if folks have to choose between Tannehill and drafting a backup vs Tannehill and drafting real potential competition.

The more I hear about this QB class there may be someone who is eventually better than Tannehill but even the top guys wouldn't really be competition in year 1. Seems like Tanny would win the job easily. I know many will dispute this because folks love rookie QB's and there potential but I've heard many times none of these guys are Trubisky, Wenz, Goff or even Mahones and we know how year 1 went for them. Really all are still unproven at this point. I don't anoint anyone after one good year or Blake Bortles and RG3 would have already been anointed.

28. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I expect Tannehill to be the QB, but no matter what Miami needs to get a young QB to groom, tovat the very least be counted on to backup Tannehill.

29. Anvil35

Anvil35 Leave Users Titles Alone!! Finheaven VIP Donator

I agree up until I see you left out interior offensive line. I would love that mauler from ND to get to us...

30. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

I voted On The Fence - Want him to succeed but prudent to draft a potential replacement to compete.

I want a QB taken within the first 2 days of the draft.

31. Lionstone

Lionstone A True Fan

My choices is not on the list BPA ignore need with extreme prejudice.

Dbest likes this.
  32. biggrouper

biggrouper Scout Team

I think Tannehill will rebound from his injury and we need to draft BPA in the top of the draft and look for a development QB late.

33. Ray R

Ray R FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I notice the results of this pole show relatively few Tannehill doubters. Does this seem to be inconsistent with the number of anti-Tannehill posts & replies on the forum, or is it just me.

34. oasis

oasis Lost in the fog

I wasn't sure whether to choose the second or third option. I'd carefully look to draft a QB without forcing it, even a first-rounder if the right opportunity presented itself.

35. randomname

randomname A True Fan

Not an option on your list, but I say go BPA, I've got no problem with Tannehill but if a good QB drops take them. Nothing wrong with having a good backup/option for the future.

36. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

They may be a minority, but they are a very, very loud minority. And some of them will continually tell everyone how much more they know about football than anyone else, as well as how ignorant anyone is who disagrees with them.

Loudly.

miami365, Ray R, multistage and 3 others like this.
  37. Sarnics13

Sarnics13 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I believe if you draft a competent QB we will get to see what RT is made of. That kid is capable of top 5 production.

38. Shoes

Shoes Well-Known Member

I am very conservative but this is the first time I truly believe that Miami should swing for the fences and draft a QB in the first round. Quarterback play drives this league and I would rather take a big chance a get someone in here that has the potential not to be solid but elite. Tannehill will be the starter in 2018 which would be good for a young QB but if that rookie works out, they could take over as starter in 2019 or 2020.

39. zach attach

zach attach A True Fan Donator

To me it's draft a QB at 11, or get Nelson or Mcglinchey (moving Tunsil over) Or a couple olinemen. If we keep Ryan a few years, he must be protected. For one, we see the results of his performance when he is upright and has time to throw. Two, he is older and will have a repaired knee concern all season.
    Also add in blocking for Drake.
    Building a nasty o line would be nice for a change.

FinaticalFinfan likes this.
  40. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

It’s the same on both sides.